• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day: Round 2-3

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncrief and Lattimer are 2 guys that are also in 'Keenan Allen' territory, imo. Talented guys with no QB in college. BPA will almost undoubtedly be a Wide Receiver.

I think the 49er's will be after Lattimer. However I think both of those WR's just got some hype as did cooks. I just hope we have better 2nd round luck than what we've had with skill position players recently if we do go that route.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft a WR I'll be fucking pissed. How could anyone rationalize not drafting the WR when the best on is on the board to draft a [future] OT who will start at OG and then draft some second rate WR in the next round when all the top inside linemen are left! :bawling::noidea::bullshit::L:wtf2:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft a WR I'll be fucking pissed. How could anyone rationalize not drafting the WR when the best on is on the board to draft a [future] OT who will start at OG and then draft some second rate WR in the next round when all the top inside linemen are left! :bawling::noidea::bullshit::L:wtf2:

haha well said. I can imagine SJ flipping out if they picked Lee

But maybe Watkins wasn't the 1st WR on their board. who knows. The Rams obviously aren't good at Grading out Wr's.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather draft a OG than a WR in the 2nd round...

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no point in drafting OG on day 2 now; Robinson will be that OG short term, and they still have Jones in tow as well. They'll take another OL, but I would think by taking Robinson over Matthews, the OG need is pushed to day 3 for depth (and take over for Robinson when he eventually slides to OT).

Day 2 should still be about BPA to some extent. Reportedly, Coach Williams does not highly value the safety position, so I'm guessing he thinks he can make a later round player work (or convert the right CB) if the right fit doesn't fall into their laps. I'm not urgently after WR after passing on Watkins either; he really was THE receiver I wanted. If they get someone like Moncrief or Robinson, maybe Lee or Matthews, or even Washington on day 3, that's fine, but they aren't likely to have the immediate impact of Sammy Watkins.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get someone like Moncrief or Robinson, maybe Lee or Matthews, or even Washington on day 3, that's fine, but they aren't likely to have the immediate impact of Sammy Watkins.
I disagree. Watkins is a project that will eventually become great...like Blackmon in his first season except likely without all of that off the field baggage. WR is the best and deepest position on the board. Someone good will fall into the Rams lap if they choose to go that route

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Watkins is a project that will eventually become great...like Blackmon in his first season except likely without all of that off the field baggage. WR is the best and deepest position on the board. Someone good will fall into the Rams lap if they choose to go that route

I don't see it that way at all, but to each his own. There's a reason why Watkins was a top 5 pick (and #2 on many boards). WR is deep, but to say they're essentially equal to who we wanted at #2 overall is a stretch in my eyes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those OGs in the second round won't become OTs in the future though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncrief is a good player to go after and so is Gabe Jackson, Yankey and 'Filo at guard. We still need another quality guard for depth. There are also plenty of safeties that can be selected.

There is talk that Williams may play Ray-Ray at some safety because of his versatility and athleticism. The problem with Ray-Ray is between his ears and his tendency to make mistakes evidence by his play last year on the flag-ridden special teams.

Good point jacobarch. There are a boatload of CBs we could snatch up too for quality back-up roles especially with our injury bug history.

For what it is worth, Jake Long is stoked about Robinson. See the St Louis Rams homepage. Good article that may sooth some of your butt hurt. So we shall see. This may actually turn out to be a good pick afterall. If not, jacobarch and SJ will all let us know.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR is deep, but to say they're essentially equal to who we wanted at #2 overall is a stretch in my eyes.
Oh, I agree they aren't essentially equal. Watkins has Torry Holt potential and these other guys dont. But these other guys might have Keenan Allen potential or Alshon Jeffrey potential

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants any of these good rbs?? hmmm......wonder what Fishers thinking?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brooks and Bailey are stater quality.

Remember last year when everyone was ripping the McDonald pick and saying he wasn't starter quality? How did that work out?

Also, LaMarcus Joyner would be a great get as well because he is versatile.

I'm hoping for one of those 3 personally.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brooks and Bailey are stater quality.

Remember last year when everyone was ripping the McDonald pick and saying he wasn't starter quality? How did that work out?

Also, LaMarcus Joyner would be a great get as well because he is versatile.

I'm hoping for one of those 3 personally.

I would fine with any of those three, and don't forget Ed Reynolds out of Stanford either.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would fine with any of those three, and don't forget Ed Reynolds out of Stanford either.

Yeah, but isn't Reynolds more of a 3rd round pick?

I would be fine with him as a 3rd rounder, but not a 2nd.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I was thinking day 2 not round 2.

Gotcha.

Those 4 options would be good.

I would go Joyner, Bailey/Brooks, Reynolds in that order.

I really like Joyner's versatility to play CB/S. Kinda fills 2 needs.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To play where? Long/Robinson/Wells/Saffold/Barksdale

only suggest it so that Robinson can actually play OT, would redeem the FO not me lol

Long/ OG/Jones (not wells, I hope)/Saffold/Robinson

Maybe we can even trade Barksdale for a 3rd round pick or better?

I'm trying to not have my 1st round pick play OG lol