• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day Count-Down

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up and draft a Kicker

That would only be a likely scenario if he had suffered several concussions and is a known troublemaker. Otherwise way too risky.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 Tpaul is really slacking lately ? :noidea:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you guys are picking up the slack. When I was a union employee, I learned to say, "That's maintenance work."

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question to Lions' fans....

Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

Detroit has "made it clear" to Clemson WR Sammy Watkins that they're "very serious" about trading up for him, reports NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

Of course, that doesn't mean they'll be able to consummate a move up the board into the top five, as the cost of such a transaction could be prohibitive. Still, Detroit's interest in adding a legitimate No. 2 complement to Calvin Johnson has been widely reported for some time, and the Lions will absolutely jump on an offer to move up for Watkins or Texas A&M's Mike Evans if the price is right.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

May 6 - 10:28 PM

I personally thought this is a flawed direction or action to better the team... Watkins is good but Detroit has so many other needs such as OL and Secondary(for the longest)... would you fans be more for a potential move like the above or find it as a setback to solidify the team?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally thought this is a flawed direction or action to better the team... Watkins is good but Detroit has so many other needs such as OL and Secondary(for the longest)... would you fans be more for a potential move like the above or find it as a setback to solidify the team?

This sounds right - The Lions are extremely serious about moving up and taking Watkins so long as it doesn't cost more than a third in addition to the #10 pick. If more than that, have a good life, or the Lions have lost their %@!^%! minds

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of us see the value of adding another top-flight WR, but most of us also realize that there's bigger holes to fill elsewhere.

That being said, you're off-base with the OL comments. We had a very good unit there last year and are returning all 5 starters.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32 hours to go...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, you're off-base with the OL comments. We had a very good unit there last year and are returning all 5 starters.

I think Zack Martin would be a sensational pick.

Cut/trade Sims and use the cap savings to sign the rookies.

Use one of those 4th rd comp picks on another versatile OL who can compete for a starting spot in 2015.

You have versatility in Reiff, Waddle, Martin, and the draft pick this way. Figure out where each is truly the best fit and you have a very good, young OL.

That's the only early rd pick on offense that makes any sense at all to me.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zack Martin would be a sensational pick.

Cut/trade Sims and use the cap savings to sign the rookies.

Use one of those 4th rd comp picks on another versatile OL who can compete for a starting spot in 2015.

You have versatility in Reiff, Waddle, Martin, and the draft pick this way. Figure out where each is truly the best fit and you have a very good, young OL.

That's the only early rd pick on offense that makes any sense at all to me.

I knew you were a ND homer all along. |;)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes a great point in drafting Martin, who I'd suspect to be drafted by the NYG, IDK. I'm all for in the trenches first. Martin could play anywhere if an injury came up, JMO, and I agree with Dr. E in that he should easily supplant R. Sims but I'd wait until injuries came about during training camp and trade him away then. Maybe more valuable than now or a June 1st cut.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'd love to see Martin on the Lions, but I think Sims has been doing a good job since being here. I also understand Martin would cost less, but there's no guarantee he'd play as well as Sims.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you, but it seems the Lions are always looking for another trophy wife.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us see the value of adding another top-flight WR, but most of us also realize that there's bigger holes to fill elsewhere.

OL? Idk about that... I really saw Stafford got pushed back there. But you would know more than I would. :suds:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I married a trophy wife 16 years ago and she's still a trophy wife. Lucky me.

Wait......this doesn't fit......I find this extremely hard to believe.

She may be gorgeous, but I have a hard time believing you would marry a useless woman.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL? Idk about that... I really saw Stafford got pushed back there. But you would know more than I would. :suds:

There was a debate for awhile on this. Some say Stafford got rid of it and kept sack numbers down. Others say the line was solid with 2 rookies and first year starter Reiff. Waddle was UDFA and played stellar last half of year at RT. I myself would like to see another year of the rookies on right side before I try and improve or disrupt something of the unknown.

Although I have had visions of Robinson added to mix.