• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft commentariat

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just was following the draft on Twitter and listening on the radio, every single person I heard or read thought that the 49ers scored big time on the draft, mainly because they filled their immediate needs, didn't give up anything (now they have what 4 3rd round picks next year), so it seems like they have all the makings of continuing to have good young talent. The injury people they took could pay off big. Matt Williamson said the safety will be really good in our system, and they loved the Tank, pick.

All in all I think we should be pretty happy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
isn't one of the four 3rd rounders our own? a second is the assumption we get a comp pick, mainly for Goldson?

believe the only real trade into 2014 was the fourth 3rd rounder, from Tennessee.

not complaining mind you, just saying "four 3rd rounders" sound much better than it really is.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just was following the draft on Twitter and listening on the radio, every single person I heard or read thought that the 49ers scored big time on the draft, mainly because they filled their immediate needs, didn't give up anything (now they have what 4 3rd round picks next year), so it seems like they have all the makings of continuing to have good young talent. The injury people they took could pay off big. Matt Williamson said the safety will be really good in our system, and they loved the Tank, pick.

All in all I think we should be pretty happy.

yeah, if Baalke is somewhat honest when he said......took BPA who happened to fill needs........what more can we ask?

but like all other teams, now it is a matter of which players actually pan out? we look real good on paper and we'll just have to see? we already expect some of these 11 picks won't make the team.

any chance we trade a vet or two for 2014 picks? just asking and not pushing for it. this would also open another spot for one of these rookies.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't one of the four 3rd rounders our own? a second is the assumption we get a comp pick, mainly for Goldson?

believe the only real trade into 2014 was the fourth 3rd rounder, from Tennessee.

not complaining mind you, just saying "four 3rd rounders" sound much better than it really is.

Yup, so right now 49ers could have:
1 first
2 seconds
3 thirds (one being Goldson comp)
1 fourths
1 fifths
2 sixths
1 seventh

Then we should get a couple more from compensation from losing RJF, Walker, and Soap. (most likely a few really low picks because the people that the niners replaced them with were not signed for the years and money the players they lost were)

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess one of the things that concerned me at the end of the season is that we had a team that was a little older than Seattle, although they were catching up to us in terms of talent, now with Carradine, Lattimore, etc., as well as the draft picks they have next year, I think we can sustain a championship level team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yup, so right now 49ers could have:
1 first
2 seconds
3 thirds (one being Goldson comp)
1 fourths
1 fifths
2 sixths
1 seventh

Then we should get a couple more from compensation from losing RJF, Walker, and Soap. (most likely a few really low picks because the people that the niners replaced them with were not signed for the years and money the players they lost were)

isn't the Alex Smith pick a 3rd too, which MAY become a 2nd? so for now, its one 2nd and four 3rds right?

where did the extra 6th come from?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
isn't the Alex Smith pick a 3rd too, which MAY become a 2nd? so for now, its one 2nd and four 3rds right?

where did the extra 6th come from?

He said we COULD have that draft haul.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess one of the things that concerned me at the end of the season is that we had a team that was a little older than Seattle, although they were catching up to us in terms of talent, now with Carradine, Lattimore, etc., as well as the draft picks they have next year, I think we can sustain a championship level team.

yep, depends on who's draft class pans out better? but then again, looking forward, i'd think the Rams will be the team on the rise? whereas Seattle is more "built for now" like us?

they went off in free agency and got into this built for now situation.