• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D'Qwell Jackson

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was probably my 3rd choice of MLB's in FA. Would have been nice to have one position figured out though before actually FA starts here in a week.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can get a little payback and sign Angerer or Vontae Davis.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can get a little payback and sign Angerer or Vontae Davis.

I would love for us to get Vontae Davis! Get some physicality in our secondary. Which reminds me I wouldn't mind us bringing in Finnegan for a work out. I know he had a horrible year this past year but I do think part of that was just injury and being on an inconsistent team. He probably wouldn't cost a ton to be that 3rd or 4th Corner on our team. He could be our Jammer for this next season. I don't think he could do any worse than what Jammer did. Plus he brings some physicality to the Corner position that we have been lacking.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for us to get Vontae Davis! Get some physicality in our secondary. Which reminds me I wouldn't mind us bringing in Finnegan for a work out. I know he had a horrible year this past year but I do think part of that was just injury and being on an inconsistent team. He probably wouldn't cost a ton to be that 3rd or 4th Corner on our team. He could be our Jammer for this next season. I don't think he could do any worse than what Jammer did. Plus he brings some physicality to the Corner position that we have been lacking.

Yeah Finnigan. Prob one of the meanest, nastiest dbs around. I think he would be quite an up-grade over Jammer ( who I think will be cut anyway). Finnigan has ATTITUDE which Denver really needs on that side of the ball for sure.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes to Davis.

Absolute no on Finnegan. Not only is he past his prime, but he relies on cheap hits and playing dirty as part of his game.

I can't see a player like that on the Broncos

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Finnigan. Prob one of the meanest, nastiest dbs around. I think he would be quite an up-grade over Jammer ( who I think will be cut anyway). Finnigan has ATTITUDE which Denver really needs on that side of the ball for sure.

Finnegan's attitude isn't just aggressive based on skill. He is aggressively dirty. He will punch, hold, grab and goad his opponent into retaliating to draw a flag or just plain cheat because he lacks the talent and skill to compete.

Remember what happened with him and Andre Johnson?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finnegan's attitude isn't just aggressive based on skill. He is aggressively dirty. He will punch, hold, grab and goad his opponent into retaliating to draw a flag or just plain cheat because he lacks the talent and skill to compete.

Remember what happened with him and Andre Johnson?

Isn't that exactly what Sherman does though and he is called the best corner in the game? I mean analyst talk all the time that the Seahawks DB's love to see how far they can push the line of what is legal and illegal. Sherman has had more players take swings at him in 3 years than Finnegan has had in his career yet I would bet most teams would love to have Sherman on their team.

I'm not saying Finnegan is the answer just think his aggressiveness and yes almost dirty play can sometimes be beneficial to the team. He can get players out of their comfort zone and make them make mistakes. Yes he has lost a step and hasn't been that good lately. I'm not asking him to be a starter for our team though. I'm asking him to be the 4th corner behind DRC, Harris, and Webster so that when one of them gets dinged up a bit we still have a decent veteran corner stepping into the game. He isn't my first choice but a guy I would at least kick the wheels a bit and see what he has left and what he would want in a contract.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that exactly what Sherman does though and he is called the best corner in the game? I mean analyst talk all the time that the Seahawks DB's love to see how far they can push the line of what is legal and illegal. Sherman has had more players take swings at him in 3 years than Finnegan has had in his career yet I would bet most teams would love to have Sherman on their team.

I'm not saying Finnegan is the answer just think his aggressiveness and yes almost dirty play can sometimes be beneficial to the team. He can get players out of their comfort zone and make them make mistakes. Yes he has lost a step and hasn't been that good lately. I'm not asking him to be a starter for our team though. I'm asking him to be the 4th corner behind DRC, Harris, and Webster so that when one of them gets dinged up a bit we still have a decent veteran corner stepping into the game. He isn't my first choice but a guy I would at least kick the wheels a bit and see what he has left and what he would want in a contract.

Sherman gets under people's skin with his trash talking, especially AFTER the play. But he has the skill to back it up. A lot of DB's, especially the Seahawks, play physical and push the boundaries of holding and contact, but that is not the same.

Finnegan is just a dirty player. He eye gouges, punches, steps on fingers, pretty much the Ritchie Incognito of DB's.

When I think of Cortland Finnegan DB, the first thing that comes to mind is Douche Bag , not Defensive Back.

I don't think he is a good fit in the locker room or on the field.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have had that same though 3-4 years ago. From what I understand he has matured quite a bit since then and has stopped some of those shenanigans that he did in his youth. Oh well we will just have to see what the Broncos do this off season. It is definitely setting up to be a crazy one with us essentially having 35-39 million in Cap Space with a couple more expected cuts.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Finnegan, this is the play I will forever remember him by(and of course him getting his ass kicked by AJ)

Last edited by a moderator:

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want nothing to do with Finnegan. Dude is a punk.

Go Broncos!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmnn.... something tells me there might be no love loss on Mr. Finnigan. I could be misreading the posts though.....something tells me :whistle:...... Ok!!, plan B we try and get Mr. Rodgers instead! :yahoo:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmnn.... something tells me there might be no love loss on Mr. Finnigan. I could be misreading the posts though.....something tells me :whistle:...... Ok!!, plan B we try and get Mr. Rodgers instead! :yahoo:

LOL, I know our disdain for him was very subtly masked. You have to read between the lines, lol.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman gets under people's skin with his trash talking, especially AFTER the play. But he has the skill to back it up. A lot of DB's, especially the Seahawks, play physical and push the boundaries of holding and contact, but that is not the same.

Finnegan is just a dirty player. He eye gouges, punches, steps on fingers, pretty much the Ritchie Incognito of DB's.

When I think of Cortland Finnegan DB, the first thing that comes to mind is Douche Bag , not Defensive Back.

I don't think he is a good fit in the locker room or on the field.

Yah....Finnegan is a scrub and past his prime anyway. I still replay that fight from time to time where he and Andre Johnson got into it. Johnson landed a nasty overhand right, and you could see Finnegan's punk ass didn't want anymore after that LOL