• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down goes Kentucky

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky looked like they were uninspired to play this game. UCLA played well. I don't take anything away from the game plan of Alford. Make UK shoot jumpers. UK was tentative taking it to the hole. Calipari was beside himself watching the Cat's demise tonight.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From start to finish the Bruins led all the way. Westwood is jumpin tonight.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second. Monmouth beat UCLA, UCLA beat Kentucky. Monmouth is the best team in the land!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a glorious day anytime Kentucky, Duke or North Carolina goes down, especially when it's a massive upset. UCLA is not a good team.
:yes:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a glorious day anytime Kentucky, Duke or North Carolina goes down, especially when it's a massive upset. UCLA is not a good team.
:yes:

:hellno:, but I will agree that UCLA is not a good team. But they played about as well as they possibly could against UK, while UK played pretty bad.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hellno:, but I will agree that UCLA is not a good team. But they played about as well as they possibly could against UK, while UK played pretty bad.
I agree with this. UCLA shot the lights out, and we had a worst case scenario of Ulis playing hurt, Lee getting hurt, and Poythress fouling out. Without our two best interior defenders, UCLA had a field day against Skal, who is talented but still soft as baby poop. Fact is, UK will be strong at the end, but had no business being ranked #1 at this point. Borderline top 10

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have some flaws, no doubt. I've seen this coming since the Duke game. Some aren't adapting like I would have hoped. It seems like they don't move on offense. Way to much side to side dribbling without paint touches. Defensively- 87 points allowed tells a lot- sure UCLA shot well but it wasn't hard to see which team was getting better shots.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA deserved that win and it wasn't even close. Hated watching UK play like that, but sometimes you need a good kick in the ass to light a spark under you. Hopefully the guys learn from this one. I really wouldn't be shocked to see Kentucky lose 5-7 games this year, but still be there in March. Nobody was expecting an unbeaten season, and we don't deserve to be #1 anyways. Shit happens.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA deserved that win and it wasn't even close. Hated watching UK play like that, but sometimes you need a good kick in the ass to light a spark under you. Hopefully the guys learn from this one. I really wouldn't be shocked to see Kentucky lose 5-7 games this year, but still be there in March. Nobody was expecting an unbeaten season, and we don't deserve to be #1 anyways. Shit happens.

Your last 2 words - always remember. It is very hard to do what UK has the last 6 years - going to the final 4 almost every yr. one of these years they are going to get knocked off early. Yes I know they didn't make the tournament Noel's yr, hell Poythress first yr- but it is bound to happen. 8 games in, it hasn't been that impressive yet. It's easy to tell this team hasn't played a lot together. It's also easy to see Poythress isn't 100 percent.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last 2 words - always remember. It is very hard to do what UK has the last 6 years - going to the final 4 almost every yr. one of these years they are going to get knocked off early. Yes I know they didn't make the tournament Noel's yr, hell Poythress first yr- but it is bound to happen. 8 games in, it hasn't been that impressive yet. It's easy to tell this team hasn't played a lot together. It's also easy to see Poythress isn't 100 percent.
I'm not even worried, nor should any Kentucky fan be. This was their first loss in the regular season since March 2014...given, they are two completely different teams now, but still. Read something like they're 50-3 in their last 53 games. No other team does that. I know the SEC isn't the best conference, but it ain't no cupcake. Especially when you're the top team and everyone is gunning for you.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even worried, nor should any Kentucky fan be. This was their first loss in the regular season since March 2014...given, they are two completely different teams now, but still. Read something like they're 50-3 in their last 53 games. No other team does that. I know the SEC isn't the best conference, but it ain't no cupcake. Especially when you're the top team and everyone is gunning for you.

I agree but they need something in the post that they can count on. I think Skal will get better , but these commentators keep saying wait until he adds muscle and strength. The problem with that is that will likely happen when he is playing for the Lakers next year. This team really needs some toughness besides Briscoe and Ulis. I also think we will start seeing more of Willis. There were times last night where I was wondering who the heck was gonna score. In other words we need more scoring on the floor.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but they need something in the post that they can count on. I think Skal will get better , but these commentators keep saying wait until he adds muscle and strength. The problem with that is that will likely happen when he is playing for the Lakers next year. This team really needs some toughness besides Briscoe and Ulis. I also think we will start seeing more of Willis. There were times last night where I was wondering who the heck was gonna score. In other words we need more scoring on the floor.
I love Jamal Murray, but his shot selection is so poor. I've not been impressed with Skal either, especially after all the hype I heard about him before the season. Poythress needs to be tougher too. He seems scared.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Jamal Murray, but his shot selection is so poor. I've not been impressed with Skal either, especially after all the hype I heard about him before the season. Poythress needs to be tougher too. He seems scared.

I think Murray will be better after a few more games. It is apparent that he gets confused sometimes in knowing whether he needs to score or distribute. Poythress hasn't regained his explosiveness just yet. I know he has had some thunderous dunks recently but there have been times here it looks like he jumps and a big gust of wind stops him. It will come.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total BS. Bruins fan here but how the fuck was I to know they could beat UK? Duke's a better team than UCLA but we beat the Wildcats? Unreal and surreal.