• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dorsey + Ian Williams = Soap + RJF

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Soap and RJF were slightly better.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
time will tell. Soap only played 30% of the snaps last year right?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Soap and RJF were slightly better.

agree.

but things change every season, needs change every season. so ok with it because Baalke is managing the cap, looking at the big picture.

its encouraging to see the extension with Ian Williams, not expecting him to be a quality starter, but it implies he can play well enough.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have big money invested at linebacker and DE.

Seems like we value those positions more, and for DT/NT and safety it's plug in a cheaper option.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have big money invested at linebacker and DE.

Seems like we value those positions more, and for DT/NT and safety it's plug in a cheaper option.

theoretically this makes sense assuming our best rushers (Aldon and Brooks) are LB's. the basic 3-4 isn't based on pass rushing linemen, granted any push helps. so your "playmakers" are now the LB's.

we don't purposely go with cheap options, but the cap forces you to manage.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dorsey isn't long enough to play DE and get into passing lanes & push tackles back IMO. I like him a lot more at NT where he can take advantage of that low center of gravity & big lower body.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey has a higher ceiling than either of them. I thin we can easily assume we are drafting a NT very early in the draft. That is unless we pick another guy up in FA.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey isn't long enough to play DE and get into passing lanes & push tackles back IMO. I like him a lot more at NT where he can take advantage of that low center of gravity & big lower body.

I'm not so sure. I do remember him launching Centers up in the air when he played at LSU. I wanted him so bad in 2008.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hard to say until the season starts.

Jim might be able to get the most out of Dorsey's talent and regarding Williams he's just an unknown at this point.

Nobody expected Bowman to be as good as he was when he became starter so no telling if the team see something in Williams and even Dobbs that we don't see.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not so sure. I do remember him launching Centers up in the air when he played at LSU. I wanted him so bad in 2008.

That's exactly my point. As a NT, he'll get to bull-rush centers a lot more than he'll be going against tackles.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's exactly my point. As a NT, he'll get to bull-rush centers a lot more than he'll be going against tackles.

I do not know anywhere close to what you guys do, but this makes sense to me. he isn't very tall and if he can use his height to get lower on the center and use his lower body to rock them boys back, we could be in business. Again, i tend to side with whatever our FO and HC do. seems to work out 90% of the time.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You clearly didnt watch too many Chiefs games if you believe that. Towards the end of his time with the Chiefs (before injury) he was in the backfield quite a bit. Dorsey is a beast off the edge, I've seen him push tackles back and collapse plenty of pockets.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see Williams get a shot. Maybe dobbs will get more reps this yr too at end along with Tuk.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You clearly didnt watch too many Chiefs games if you believe that. Towards the end of his time with the Chiefs (before injury) he was in the backfield quite a bit. Dorsey is a beast off the edge, I've seen him push tackles back and collapse plenty of pockets.

Dorsey is not very good pass-rusher at DE in a 3-4. That's silly. If he were, he would have gotten a hell of a lot more than 2 years & 7 million (max).

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey is not very good pass-rusher at DE in a 3-4. That's silly. If he were, he would have gotten a hell of a lot more than 2 years & 7 million (max).

He isn't a great ass rusher but that doens't mean he doesn't push the pocket or drive OT's back because I've seen him do that quite a bit in the 3-4. Out of curiousity (not trying to be rude or anything just curious) but how many NFL games of his have you sat down and watched?

There are VERY few guys that are good pass rushers as a 3-4 DE, I think we are a bit spoiled since two of them are on our team (one is in Houston). Not many guys are on that level or even close to it. Many 3-4 DE's are meant to play two-gap and no rush the passer.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm excited to see Williams get a shot. Maybe dobbs will get more reps this yr too at end along with Tuk.

true, but if they draft a linemen say within 3 rounds, one of these guys will very likely be cut.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't a great ass rusher but that doens't mean he doesn't push the pocket or drive OT's back because I've seen him do that quite a bit in the 3-4. Out of curiousity (not trying to be rude or anything just curious) but how many NFL games of his have you sat down and watched?

There are VERY few guys that are good pass rushers as a 3-4 DE, I think we are a bit spoiled since two of them are on our team (one is in Houston). Not many guys are on that level or even close to it. Many 3-4 DE's are meant to play two-gap and no rush the passer.

Can't be on my team when I'm hitting the clubs then.