• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dooley to start K Derrick Brodus

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dooley kick-starts Florida week

"This week I plan on kicking Derrick Brodus starting out as long as things stay the same during the week," Dooley announced. "I still believe in Mike (Palardy), but he has some things he has to work through. Derrick has certainly earned the right to be out there."

Palardy didn't kick the Vols' final PAT and field goal attempt on Saturday against Georgia State after missing a 39-yard field goal in the first quarter and an extra point in the third quarter. Dooley said the decision to make a change at placekicker is just a part of the game.

"It's really no different than all the other positions. It's performance based. It's my responsibility as a coach. If you feel like another guy is more deserving and gives you a better chance in the game that's what we are going to do," Dooley said. "I don't know if it's the right one (decision). Time will tell. Mike understands it. I still believe in Mike. He's talented. He has some technical things he's got to work through to get him out there performing better on gameday, and he will do it."

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god! I'm sorry but Palardy sucks. He was the #1 kicker coming out of high school and he hasn't lived up to the hype at all. It's a shame when a walk-on kicker is better than your starting kicker. But I really like this Brodus guy. He gets a lot of height on his kicks.

HJtC0.jpg