• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't miss the boat on MJD!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear a lot of regular joes (no pun) and also an extreme amount of experts especially guys in the limelight, ie guys on NFL network, cbssports etc.

They are all saying to stay away from MJD.

This new guy running the show is going to run screens and A LOT of them and he also loves to run an up tempo offense.
I don't think it's just gonna be MJD off tackle for 4 yards and then bang. MJD has one of the best set of pass catching hands in the business and this coach will utilize them to get MJD out in space where all he will need to do is break a tackle from a ss or corner and see you later (a walk in the park) for the 200 and change pound king kong size bowling ball.

It all boils down to the foot and I will say players seem to be dropping like flies this year so keep an eye on that foot (no pun) and if he is still standing by your draft trust that the foot is good! Double meaning, haha!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville, up tempo offense? :wtf2:

I don't think Barry Sanders could make the Jags up tempo.

MJD is a tough one to figure, for me. Definitely not even looking his way through the first two rounds, and probably the third, if he makes it to me that late, surely I'll draft him, but I can neither see that happening, nor will I hope for it.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville, up tempo offense? :wtf2:

I don't think Barry Sanders could make the Jags up tempo.

MJD is a tough one to figure, for me. Definitely not even looking his way through the first two rounds, and probably the third, if he makes it to me that late, surely I'll draft him, but I can neither see that happening, nor will I hope for it.

wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Two bone on bone knees, mysterious foot ailments..guy will be exceptionally lucky to finish 10+ games, and if he does, it'll be because they had him on a "pitchcount"

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know, in my keeper league I have it pretty much figured that I'll have my choice of SJax, DMC, Murray, MJD and/or Gore and probably NOT gonna have a WR I would rather have than either of those guys.....sure I have Foster/Martin as RB1 and 1A but having one of those guys as my RB#3 might be pretty nice.............think I would grab SJax and hope he could stay healthy.........again, not so sure who the WR's are that would be there at #30 and I only have to start 2 WR's and can start 4 RB's.......I'll probably start a thread as it gets closer. BTW, this is that league I play in that the draft does not snake in and this will be the first year in a long time where it will work to my advantage......

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MJD drafts himself in fantasy, then I'm all in on MJD.

All kidding aside, my take is that a lot of NEW coaches "talk" about schemes and up-tempo offense. What are they gonna say? We're gonna be boring and conservative? The politically-correct media-speak is just that.

IMO, new coaches will utilize the best players they have, and not force things initially. MJD is the best player they have. The question though, is MJD's foot healthy?

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Ageing MJD coming off a Lisfranc injury smells trouble 4 me.. Lisfranc injurys are tough to come back from and usually after you have a Lisfranc injury your never truly 100 percent the same.. In today's age id rather have a Torn ACL than Lisfranc. Id be shocked if MJD surpasses 1300 total yds and 8+ tds.. If he hit those numbers id consider that an accomplishment. I will admit an improved o-line should help

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJD is tough.. other hten his hold out last year, i think he has been an exemplinary player from the fantasy and real football. never seemed to complain just went out and did his job.. maybe he held out for a reason now.. those bones in the feet are touchy.. step just wrong and it rebreaks and hes done again.. not to mention the pounding his knees will take.. he has pulled me through a few seasons but i think the sun is setting on him now..

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think about him in terms of fellow Lisfrancer McFadden - probably not wise to bet that McFadden will start more games than MJD. But McFadden might lead the fantasy world if he starts 16 games, while MJD would probably drift in around #6, even if he piles on some receptions. Also, the Raiders can still build around McFadden, while the Jags have to plan for a future without MJD.

Like McFadden, MJD is a risk/reward player, but the potential reward isn't as high. Given his track record, it's a mistake to write off MJD, but I can still think of a dozen RBs I'd rather bet on. I won't avoid him if he's there in the third and fits in with who I already have.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice thought progression wilwhite.. most mocks i see him being taken in the turn around on the second round

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think about him in terms of fellow Lisfrancer McFadden - probably not wise to bet that McFadden will start more games than MJD. But McFadden might lead the fantasy world if he starts 16 games, while MJD would probably drift in around #6, even if he piles on some receptions. Also, the Raiders can still build around McFadden, while the Jags have to plan for a future without MJD.

Like McFadden, MJD is a risk/reward player, but the potential reward isn't as high. Given his track record, it's a mistake to write off MJD, but I can still think of a dozen RBs I'd rather bet on. I won't avoid him if he's there in the third and fits in with who I already have.
:agree: well for the most part anyway..........lol.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJD has been quotes as saying "I feel great" last time heard a guy say that after coming of an injury he ran for over 2000 yards and came up 9 yards short of the all time record. I'm not saying, but just saying.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJD has been quotes as saying "I feel great" last time heard a guy say that after coming of an injury he ran for over 2000 yards and came up 9 yards short of the all time record. I'm not saying, but just saying.

:laugh3: That is a good one. Every athlete says they feel great while making their way back from injury, whether it is true or not.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This new guy running the show is going to run screens and A LOT of them and he also loves to run an up tempo offense!

Too bad Blaine Gabbert can't complete a screen pass in July let alone in September.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it appeared the offense ran smoother with Henne in last year...and if Gabbert has to miss time/loses starting job....
I'd feel comfortable taking MJD in the 3rd round. He may go earlier anyway depending on Harvin's health outcome.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd feel comfortable taking MJD in the 3rd round. He may go earlier anyway depending on Harvin's health outcome.

huh?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes third round would be a steal. I just think MJD has always been a Rb and more important a guy that wants to impress. Last year he got caught up in the money thing, probably was his agent telling him to hold out. He sees Chris Johnson hold out and it worked, he sees this guy and that guy so thinks hey I want more too.

The point I am trying to make which I am not doing such a good job at here is I think he will return to the work part of things. If you look back he has never been injured before this foot stuff. And he has consistently finished in the top 5 year after year. The only RB even close to doing that is AP. And I am not calling MJD an AP but as far as consistency goes there only a few that do it like MJD.

Of course like usual it all boils down to the foot.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am gonna be honest i was in a PPR draft about 2 weeks ago i had pick 10 out of 12... In the 4th round MJD was still on the board and to be all honest i took Lamar Miller over MJD.. IF MJD stays healthy and produces obviously that was a bad pick but as of now i'd rather have Miller than MJD.. I just don't Trust MJD and I haven't for the past two years.

Also with Gabbert's injury hopefully Henne will win the starting job.. I say this because if Henne wins the starting job I like Cecil Shorts a little more with Henne out there than Gabbert.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't checked on Harvin yet and what they are going to do with his hip situation.
ESPN has Harvin and MJD ranked closely. Harvin is ranked higher but with the time he may miss, others and myself included may take MJD in the 3rd, hoping for the best.