• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't miss the boat on MJD!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't checked on Harvin yet and what they are going to do with his hip situation.
ESPN has Harvin and MJD ranked closely. Harvin is ranked higher but with the time he may miss, others and myself included may take MJD in the 3rd, hoping for the best.

I'm still not getting it... if Harvin, a WR is gonna be out for a while, you'll take MJD, a RB? ... or vice versa? I don't understand the position swap... wouldn't you take the next best RB? WR? If you're the type to draft via best player available, then may I suggest to avoid both players in the 3rd round, as there will be much healthier options with the same potential otherwise.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he's saying is Harvin had an ADP right around MJD's, so with one less player ahead of him he'd have to fall an additional spot for whoever wanted him in the third.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram I love Lamar Miller as you might know i ahve been singing his praise even way before last season started but that Oline is weak? And Miami is going to feature Wallace and be a pass first team like Philbin had success with in GB. It is human nature to do what was successful thats why i feel like Lamar will not be all that valuable. I love him as a talent but just like GB not having a strong RB in year i feel Miami may not produce much of a fantasy RB for a while either. I see all the wrs in MIAMI exploding though due to the all out shear amount of balls that wil be thrown this year. Dont get me wrong I think the world of Lamar.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he's saying is Harvin had an ADP right around MJD's, so with one less player ahead of him he'd have to fall an additional spot for whoever wanted him in the third.

yes...Also this thread is about MJD. I'm not saying I'm bent on taking him...but based on "this" thread and the idea it put in my head, I'd consider MJD in the 3rd.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skin Em all, I think that is great. i can't tell you how many times i've read a thread like this one and it put a pick in my head or made me think of a player I didn't notice. That's what it's all about. As for Lamar Miller I am trying not to think with my gut here since I am a Dolphin fan. I just can't see his value worth more than MJD at this point. Trust me I know who Miller is and yes he is a stud, I'll even go as far to say had he stayed in college he would have won the Heisman and I even said that last year before anyone even heard of him that he would be a break out top 10 guy and that was with Bush there ahead of him.

He didn't do what i said last year as Bush stayed pretty much healthy which was a surprise but you can see that the Dolphins brass seen what i seen by the way they let Bush walk. And Bush was willing to come down in price they still let him walk. That tells you i was onto something with this guy I just shoot for the moon and I caught a lot of flack for it, thats ok it comes with the territory when you make a crazy ass prediction like I did. But if you ask me I'd rather have MJD for this year. MJD has been salivating on the sidelines. He is pissed at all the disrespect and hate comments. I'm telling you he has something to prove. I'm not gonna say he will be number one or go nuts and say he will rush for 2,500 yards. But a top 10 I'd bet my house on if he has no set backs in training camp. if he makes it through camp then he will be fine.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right, Foot (gives me that much better percentage at getting a serviceable running back). And I'm not dissing MJD's heart and/or motivation and/or desire and/or talent. It's just that it's one thing to rehab and get through knee problems/surgery; but Lisfranc is another animal, ask Gates, or even better, ask Albert Pujols and he's a 1B/DH in baseball!!! If MJD gets through camp, and even September, I would be terrified of October, November, and December, if I managed to not trade him.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skin Em all, I think that is great. i can't tell you how many times i've read a thread like this one and it put a pick in my head or made me think of a player I didn't notice.
I'm telling you he has something to prove. I'm not gonna say he will be number one or go nuts and say he will rush for 2,500 yards. But a top 10 I'd bet my house on if he has no set backs in training camp. if he makes it through camp then he will be fine.

Hey, If I get either guy I won't be disappointed. Based on my mocks, I'd be RB heavy and have to rely on the WR depth later in the draft. If MJD stays healthy, I too think he'll do well...especially since he'd have Shorts and Blackmon.
Who knows what Gus Bradley can do with the Defense...possibly putting the offense in short field situations from time to time....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram I love Lamar Miller as you might know i ahve been singing his praise even way before last season started but that Oline is weak? And Miami is going to feature Wallace and be a pass first team like Philbin had success with in GB. It is human nature to do what was successful thats why i feel like Lamar will not be all that valuable. I love him as a talent but just like GB not having a strong RB in year i feel Miami may not produce much of a fantasy RB for a while either. I see all the wrs in MIAMI exploding though due to the all out shear amount of balls that wil be thrown this year. Dont get me wrong I think the world of Lamar.

Foot,

I think you are missing one really big key. The GB passing game was awesome because of the QB position. Their WRs have never really been all that great, but they have been productive options because of elite QB play.

Philbin would be an absolute fool to give Tannehill the same responsibilities that Rogers had in GB. Lamar Miller is the Dolphins best offensive skill player and they have a pretty good defense too, so unless Philbin is incompetent, Miller will be heavily involved.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiance,

That is really good instincts and I agree with you that Miller is a stud. Problem for him (at least it's just my opinion) is that Tannehill is even more of a stud. I don't think anyone really understands how good this guy is going to be. I mean he had no one for his wr core last year and still put some solid numbers up. And don't tell me Haertline, Fasano, or Bess were number 1s. Plus that play book of Philbins is so complex It took Tannehill is by the way is super smart two years to fully understand it. The love I have for T-hill arm and smarts and legs is why I made all those (now stupid bets) that everyone is still having a good laugh at. As much as i love Russell Wilson and even more adore Kaeps, I think T-hill will (dare I say)(please don't throw old rotten fruits and veggies at my head for saying or feel sorry for me like I have a mental problem) be in their class one day soon.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiance,

That is really good instincts and I agree with you that Miller is a stud. Problem for him (at least it's just my opinion) is that Tannehill is even more of a stud. I don't think anyone really understands how good this guy is going to be. I mean he had no one for his wr core last year and still put some solid numbers up. And don't tell me Haertline, Fasano, or Bess were number 1s. Plus that play book of Philbins is so complex It took Tannehill is by the way is super smart two years to fully understand it. The love I have for T-hill arm and smarts and legs is why I made all those (now stupid bets) that everyone is still having a good laugh at. As much as i love Russell Wilson and even more adore Kaeps, I think T-hill will (dare I say)(please don't throw old rotten fruits and veggies at my head for saying or feel sorry for me like I have a mental problem) be in their class one day soon.

You could be right on all of that. You are definitely right that the Dolphins WR core is not very impressive, even with Mike Wallace, who is somewhat overrated as a football player, but may be just what that offense needs. The threat of a Wallace homerun will open up the possession receivers and soften the box for Miller.

I think if THill does progress to the point where he is a fantasy starter, it is going to take some time. I guess long term, I see him as more of a Flacco type. He can be the type of real life QB that can help your team, but not necessarily a guy to lead you to a fantasy crown.

I hope that he and the Dolphins can surprise this year because it would be great to see someone give the Pats a run for the division. The Dolphins look like the only team that might have a chance to do that if they maximize their potential.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot bro... Open up ur eyes!!!!!!!!!!!! U like Lamar but not in fantasy!? I don't want to be the 1 to tell u this but your going to miss the train on your own guy!!! I have a gut feeling Lamar Miller is going to breakout this year.. Top 15 rb. Lightning fast , can run inside, pass protection has improved greatly and guy has good hands.. Miami is in a weak division this year and can make a play for the division title.. They will only have success if Lamar Miller shines.. Yes there o;ime is not the greatest but with Millers speed it might not matter all that much.. My projections for Miller.. 245 car 1150 yds 7 tds /35 rec 425 yds 2 tds

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Bush wasnt a tackle breaking machine in MIA, so even if they dont have a great O-line, they definitely have a decent running scheme. I dont want to rain on the Lamar parade, but is Daniel Thomas going to be completely null and void? I thought that they were still going to try to work Thomas in on short yardage situations.

Dolphins fans have any insight on that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Bush wasnt a tackle breaking machine in MIA, so even if they dont have a great O-line, they definitely have a decent running scheme. I dont want to rain on the Lamar parade, but is Daniel Thomas going to be completely null and void? I thought that they were still going to try to work Thomas in on short yardage situations.

Dolphins fans have any insight on that?

Last I read he is still having trouble holding on to the ball; 2 fumbles in fumble drill. Foot is gonna miss the boat on his own guy (nice one RT). Call me a goofball if you want but I see Miller and Hartline (depending on injury) as two pretty good value picks right now. In late drafts, Miller will probably be going late 3rd if you're lucky.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram my brother I hope you are right about miller but monkey brought up a valid point. even though and to answer your question Monkey, Daniel Thomas is worthless. he won't cut into Millers carries, but Mike Gillislee could! The other thing about Miller I noticed is yea he has speed but he goes down so easily. I don't know I guess Ram Tough has convinced me to give my boy Miller a little more love. So I'll stop talking him down.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him foot.. he is great value for where he is going right now. And unlike a player such as david wilson, miller should be the whole show down in miami. The fish feel he can be a 3 down back.. Also my draft advice for right now is rb,wr,rb,rb in that order with ur first 4 picks.. rbs go quickkkkk as ever.. my draft where I got Miller I went McCoy..A.J ..Demarco..Miller first 4 picks . I have noticed the teams who dont take atleast 2 rbs with first 4 or 5 picks look awfully weak entering the year. Keep in mind this is for a 12 man league or higher..