• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins release QB Brady Quinn

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the Fins are planning with their backup QB - personally, Matt Moore isnt much of answer but we havent had much quality competition in camp and pre-season. We have depth at WR, maybe we can trade one for a quality back up QB to create competition.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the Fins are planning with their backup QB - personally, Matt Moore isnt much of answer but we havent had much quality competition in camp and pre-season. We have depth at WR, maybe we can trade one for a quality back up QB to create competition.

I have to disagree. M Moore is a very capable backup QB. He is a very high priced backup QB (Last year he was the highest paid backup QB) but he has proven himself as deserving of a backup QB spot.

dcten

Riot Nrrd
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of Matt Moore, too. Very comfortable with him as the #2. I wonder if there is going to be anybody worth sacrificing a roster spot for a #3 once all of the final cuts have been made

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of Matt Moore, too. Very comfortable with him as the #2. I wonder if there is going to be anybody worth sacrificing a roster spot for a #3 once all of the final cuts have been made

That's an interesting question. My guess is that the Fins will only keep 2 QB's this year. That will enable the team to have depth at other positions. The Fins will need to consider a developmental QB for the future unless Moore & the team can come to terms on another contract for next year. Moore is a UFA after this year. I like the Fins' draft, however, this would have been a good year to get a QB in the mid rounds. Next year they may need to draft a QB as a backup. Tannehill appears to be a franchise QB if he can minimize his mistakes. He keeps getting better every year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting question. My guess is that the Fins will only keep 2 QB's this year. That will enable the team to have depth at other positions. The Fins will need to consider a developmental QB for the future unless Moore & the team can come to terms on another contract for next year. Moore is a UFA after this year. I like the Fins' draft, however, this would have been a good year to get a QB in the mid rounds. Next year they may need to draft a QB as a backup. Tannehill appears to be a franchise QB if he can minimize his mistakes. He keeps getting better every year.

This year would serve well to go with 2 qbs but if Moore moves on next year it's a perfect time to draft one to groom behind Tanny. At this point a vet behind him probably helps his growth.