• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins pre game

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friends of yours would certainly be friends of mine as long as they bleed burgundy and gold. Well, I'll have to admit I have a couple of Cowboys friends but I haven't figured out how yet.

Hey man, you should know by now that I have always respected you for what you have to say BUT maybe you had a temporary brain fart, just like I have from time to time, because Snyder/Allen still, and always will it seems like, runs this team. So please tell me, where does this top notch HC come from. college or pro, who would ever want to be the HC for this organization until both Snyder/Allen have expired?
I have no idea. I'm speaking theoretically as to what the team should do. I have no confidence what so ever that Snyder/Allen will do any of this. Hell, allen said in his press conference that "we are close". Which confirms that he and Snyder are completely out of touch.

So they will end up with a HC that either has no experience for which they can meddle, or a prior HC who has been out of work and is desperate to get back into the game before it passes him by. Again, one that will allow meddling because they need the job. Either scenario is just more of the same for this franchise.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing changes until allen goes . we cant get rid of snyder so that is the only hope

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing changes until allen goes . we cant get rid of snyder so that is the only hope
Unfortunately nothing changes if Allen leaves. Snyder will just get another Cerrato/Allen.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately nothing changes if Allen leaves. Snyder will just get another Cerrato/Allen.
I think the only thing that gets Dan to fire Bruce and not hire another one(Vinny/Bruce) is the continued fan erosion.

The only thing that will keep him from butting back in is the new football guy creating massive success and Dan becoming the toast of the town with a brand new retractable roof stadium on the old grounds of RFK.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly when Dan has gotten it right …. Marty, Shanahan, Lafemina …. he wastes no time screwing it up. Hell he scared Marvin Lewis out of here after one year and he was the DC not the HC.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, and didn't Allen also say in his press conference that "Our culture is great?"

We both know that is a lie so who can change the culture other than Snyder?

Simply put, Allen is Snyder's puppet and any GM/President, or whatever you want to call him, and anyone who follows Allen, if that were to happen, will be the same exact thing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it doesn't seem smart to see an OLB in coverage but that is part of their duties, see link.

Examining LB job responsibilities in the 3-4

Even the defense that has the "rush"LBer can put him in pass coverage. You can use any combination of 5 receivers (WRs, TEs, RBs) if you don't have a nickel or dime defense on the field those OLBs have to cover at least one does. You can try to put your pass coverage OLB on the side a receiver is but motion can change that. Just a ton of things that can be done but that is what makes football fun. It is chess with real people.

A couple of year back when the topic was our linebackers, someone asked me why I was so hard on the guys that we had. My answer...speed, or lack of it hurts this defense in pass coverage. When asked what type of guys that I thought best exemplified the type of guys that I wished we had, we were all fortunate to have witnessed the speed of the linebacker group in Houston. They were a play-off team at the time and I distinctly remember a few posters here marveling at that group and how they flew around the field.

Now I say this to make the point that...speed should be the first thing that is considered when drafting/acquiring talent at every position with the possible exception at QB. They, (QB's) should be able to run effectively at worse.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does our entertainment improve since I haven't been entertained much lately?

We're the comedy act, if we ever want to be entertained, then we'd better hope that this organization pulls its collective head out of its collective ass!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and didn't Allen also say in his press conference that "Our culture is great?"

We both know that is a lie so who can change the culture other than Snyder?

Simply put, Allen is Snyder's puppet and any GM/President, or whatever you want to call him, and anyone who follows Allen, if that were to happen, will be the same exact thing.

You're right however there is one way to know if the next guy, if there is going to be one, will have the autonomy that he needs under Snyder and that will be reflected in the contract. A heavily guaranteed monied deal with a significant amount of years might be enough to keep Snyder out of the football business or at least at a comfortable distance from it. Let's say, just for kicks and giggles, that Snyder contacts a person like Louis Riddick and offers the job. Riddick will insist upon autonomy and neither a handshake nor standard contract will make Mr. Riddick comfortable, so Riddick says to Snyder, "this con tract has to be so heavily cash laden that your investment in me, virtually guarantees me the freedom to run your organization without interference. Snyder has to make the decision to run the organization his way, or put together a team that brings winning football to his organization. He's tried his way, perhaps he's at that point in his ownership when he realizes that his way doesn't work. We can only hope!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you hurt your hand running 2 yards behind the receivers in the trail position?

Slapping hands with his DC who designed the defensive set that way. :D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not looking good for reed

Not looking good for Reed? So what. What Reed needs to do is retire before he ends up having to be spoon fed his meals by a 24/7 caretaker. WTF are the Skins releasing supposedly promising players at a position of need to carry 5 TEs? That's stupid than fuck and par for the course for the Skins.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extra TEs for Callahan's run game?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're the comedy act, if we ever want to be entertained, then we'd better hope that this organization pulls its collective head out of its collective ass!

So, I guess you are saying everything is collective, right?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right however there is one way to know if the next guy, if there is going to be one, will have the autonomy that he needs under Snyder and that will be reflected in the contract. A heavily guaranteed monied deal with a significant amount of years might be enough to keep Snyder out of the football business or at least at a comfortable distance from it. Let's say, just for kicks and giggles, that Snyder contacts a person like Louis Riddick and offers the job. Riddick will insist upon autonomy and neither a handshake nor standard contract will make Mr. Riddick comfortable, so Riddick says to Snyder, "this con tract has to be so heavily cash laden that your investment in me, virtually guarantees me the freedom to run your organization without interference. Snyder has to make the decision to run the organization his way, or put together a team that brings winning football to his organization. He's tried his way, perhaps he's at that point in his ownership when he realizes that his way doesn't work. We can only hope!

I like your hope but realistically I don't think Snyder would ever agree to a contract like that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess you are saying everything is collective, right?

Yeah, they're all in this shit together. It's similar to what the NBA is going through right now. Right is right and wrong is wrong, there's no compromising standing for the right thing and that includes doing so at the risk of losing money.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your hope but realistically I don't think Snyder would ever agree to a contract like that.

It's truly a pipe dream, but in fact, the Only way we can be assured that football people are in charge of football operations throughout the organization. Anything less and that "great {losing} culture" that Bruce Allen spoke of will continue.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins Stats & Snaps: Patriots @ Redskins (Defense/ST)

Yards- Tom Brady and company put up 442 yards of offense against Greg Manusky’s much-maligned defensive unit. The Washington D has now allowed 400-plus total yards in eight of the team’s last 14 games (388.3 YPG in that span).

The Redskins rank only ahead of the Dolphins in yards allowed per drive (38.5 to 43.9) and have only given up 20 fewer yards than the Bengals have, who rank dead last in total yards allowed this season.

Points- The D gave up 33 points in Sunday’s game, which marks the fourth time they have given up 30-plus points in their contests in 2019. They join the Bucs and the Dolphins as the only teams that have allowed the opposition to score 30 or more points in more than two games this season (4 each). This is even more pathetic considering there are ten clubs that have yet to allow 30 points once all year.