• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Wisconsin play a ranked team this year?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected. You have played 1 top 50 offense all year. Thank you kburjr

As far as total defense yardage allowed, Wisconsin in now #1. Would someone else had done better with our schedule? Possibly, but the fact is , we did do it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You compared the bias when LSU barley beat Florida and lost to Troy and stilgets ranked and USC lost to the #2-#13-#23 teams in the country early and rolled off nine consecutive wins beating the #4 in the country PAC Champ and the #5 BG1 champ. LOL. Yeah OK. Nothing funnier than an SEC fan thinking the SEC doesn't get preference .

Your schedule was front loaded.

And there is no excuse for a 3 loss team to end up ranked #3 in the polls. Just like the majority of the time there is no excuse for the preseason rankings USC gets.

The only team that comes close to getting the same level of bias USC gets is Notre Dame. Followed probably by Texas.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as total defense yardage allowed, Wisconsin in now #1. Would someone else had done better with our schedule? Possibly, but the fact is , we did do it.

Are you under the impression I am calling your defense bad? Because I’m not even a little. I just refuse to believe you can call any defense elite when they haven’t played explosive offenses or at least productive offenses week in and week out and shut them down.

Your defense is great, I’m not going with elite yet though.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And there is no excuse for a 3 loss team to end up ranked #3 in the polls. Just like the majority of the time there is no excuse for the preseason rankings USC gets.

The only team that comes close to getting the same level of bias USC gets is Notre Dame. Followed probably by Texas.

USC does get pre season ranked high sometimes its called having a brand. Alabama is also a brand so is Michigan and so is ND but USC also drops like a rock after a loss to even a ranked team while SEC teams get the "they beat each other in the SEC" BS even when the other SEC team is trash and like LSU did they even get bumped up when they beat trash while other teams would stay or drop. Again its funny as hell watching an SEC fan say others get favorable treatment.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you under the impression I am calling your defense bad? Because I’m not even a little. I just refuse to believe you can call any defense elite when they haven’t played explosive offenses or at least productive offenses week in and week out and shut them down.

Your defense is great, I’m not going with elite yet though.

I can buy that.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I noticed you omitted Georgia there. Has nothing to do with yesterday but in the past they have won a preseason national championship or two. Although USC has been getting that treatment lately.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed you omitted Georgia there. Has nothing to do with yesterday but in the past they have won a preseason national championship or two. Although USC has been getting that treatment lately.

Preseason national championships is all about fan bases.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC does get pre season ranked high sometimes its called having a brand. Alabama is also a brand so is Michigan and so is ND but USC also drops like a rock after a loss to even a ranked team while SEC teams get the "they beat each other in the SEC" BS even when the other SEC team is trash and like LSU did they even get bumped up when they beat trash while other teams would stay or drop. Again its funny as hell watching an SEC fan say others get favorable treatment.

#3 with 3 losses = bias period.

The SEC earned it on the field. By winning national championships year after year. Something the Pac12 hasn't been able to do since 1991.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason national championships is all about fan bases.

Ahh wouldn’t that constitute a preaseason #1 ranking? Pretty sure Georgia has had a few of them in the last 15 years.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3 with 3 losses = bias period.

The SEC earned it on the field. By winning national championships year after year. Something the Pac12 hasn't been able to do since 1991.

One or two teams does not constitute a conference, FYI

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh wouldn’t that constitute a preaseason #1 ranking? Pretty sure Georgia has had a few of them in the last 15 years.

No. The "Preaseason national championship" is about fans of teams who act like they've won everything before the season starts. Georgia fans were the worst about it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One or two teams does not constitute a conference, FYI

I agree.

# of teams with a BCS or playoff championship:

Pac12: 0
Big10: 1
Big12: 2
ACC: 3
SEC: 5

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The "Preaseason national championship" is about fans of teams who act like they've won everything before the season starts. Georgia fans were the worst about it.

But this is in a discussion that included preseason bias for ranking. That in which Georgia has received that love I’d argue more than a Texas way more recently. No one will ever beat Notre Dame though

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan has a close or semi close loss in Madison they won’t be out of the top 25 but they will be on the cusp. A loss to Ohia st then of any kind and they are out. Sure 4 loss teams were ranked last year, but not one of those had 2 straight losses to end the regular season.

YOUR DEFENSE STILL HAS NOT FACED A TOP 50 OFFENSE THIS YEAR. You seriously can’t call your defense elite because they haven’t faced a good offense. No matter how much you want to prop up Iowa for their performance last week vs Ohio St, they are still ranked 102 in total offense. No crow to eat, you are just being an unreasonable homer.

Please show me the defenses that have shut down.3 or more top 50 scoring offenses and are statistically a top ten scoring defense. I just would like to see if there are any defenses that meet your standards of elite.

How many top 50.defenses do they need to shut down?
What is the definition of shutdown? 0 points? 10 points or less? Under 20 points.

Badgers only face one more top 50 scoring offense and that's OSU who is in the top ten. Do we have to hold them to 0 offensive points and under 100 total yards to make your elite defensive Teams?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is in a discussion that included preseason bias for ranking. That in which Georgia has received that love I’d argue more than a Texas way more recently. No one will ever beat Notre Dame though

The only time Georgia has been a preseason #1 was in 2008. That is the only year.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

# of teams with a BCS or playoff championship:

Pac12: 0
Big10: 1
Big12: 2
ACC: 3
SEC: 5

Including the 1998 Tennessee team in that is hilarious.
Take that out with Florida State and Miami along with Oklahoma.