• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Wisconsin play a ranked team this year?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some totally retarded shit in my time on message boards, but this one takes the cake, oven, electric supply, the whole shit...
It was a troll thread aimed at a troll. Of course it's full of stupid. :laugh: I mean that's kind of the point of troll threads.

I can only speak for me, but I have no issues with most of your fans or your team. You gotta understand giving a troll the business brother.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone mentioned the problem of scheduling far in advance being a benefit or a detriment. A strong argument can be made to support the concept of strength of schedule being based on the historic record of a team with some consideration to a team that is a surprise in the current year.
The best example of the historic argument is in the mid 2000's and Southern Cal. In the year they won their National Championship they beat Notre Dame who was either 9-3 or 10-2 giving SC a very strong SOS position.
Either the year before or the year after, they were downgraded because they beat ND who was 3-9 that year.
Does that make sense?
Here is a prediction, there are kids who are 10 years old, in 10 years some of them will be playing for Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Stanford, Oklahoma, and Texas. The odds are that 5 of the 13 named will be in the top 10 in 2027 and 5 more will be in the top 20. So scheduling any of these teams today would earn kudos for do so and rightly so. But make sure you don't schedule any of the 3 that may have an off year in 2017 or you will accused of having a soft schedule.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a troll thread aimed at a troll. Of course it's full of stupid. :laugh: I mean that's kind of the point of troll threads.

I can only speak for me, but I have no issues with most of your fans or your team. You gotta understand giving a troll the business brother.
I don't mind that...I'm just amazed at the lengths he took it...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind that...I'm just amazed at the lengths he took it...
As long as he gets 20 page threads created in his honor he's going to keep doing what he does.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he gets 20 page threads created in his honor he's going to keep doing what he does.

I guess that makes him "elite" in a very special kind of way.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches poll has it right with Wisconsin 3rd. Wisconsin is playing a ranked Iowa team this week. The little bitches will continue to bitch about the Badgers schedule was was boo freakidy who.

:nutswing:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Pure and utter bullshit.

You give them an excuse for having a terrible conference schedule, which is fine. Then give them a pass for normally having a solid OOC. Florida Atlantic, Utah State, and BYU. There is nothing solid about that. Further, they had Washington scheduled for a H/H and originally for '17/'18, changed it once to '18/'21 and the dumped it all together. This wasn't done to them, they did it to themselves.

They aren't alone with bullshit schedules. Quite a few ranked teams have nothing but garbage and that trend will likely continue to grow given you can get ranked highly without ever having to actually play a team with a pulse so why wouldn't it become more the norm?

Washington's is bad, Wisconsin's is terrible, hell Bama's is bad given that FSU is pure trash this year.

Call it what it is and stop making excuses for it.

Florida Atlantic is Bowling baby

:nutswing::nutswing::nutswing::nutswing::nutswing::nutswing:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches poll has it right with Wisconsin 3rd. Wisconsin is playing a ranked Iowa team this week. The little bitches will continue to bitch about the Badgers schedule was was boo freakidy who.

Iowa is not ranked in the Coaches Poll. Wisconsin is not #3 in AP.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will like the Wisconsin's #3 ranking if Iowa wins.

If Johnathan Taylor gets hurt or was out for the game I would say Iowa would have a great chance. It should be interesting early since Wisconsin is a notoriously slow starting team and their #1, and #2 WR's might be done for the year in Cephus and Jazz Peavy. Thankfully for the first time ever they are deep at that position. I didn't watch the Iowa game so I have no idea what the F happened. I assume JT Barret was gutter trash and threw a ton of int's and then the Iowa offense just took deep shots after the int's and the #25 RB dude who I think is underrated probably did his thing as well. That's the only way I can imagine the score being like that.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Johnathan Taylor gets hurt or was out for the game I would say Iowa would have a great chance. It should be interesting early since Wisconsin is a notoriously slow starting team and their #1, and #2 WR's might be done for the year in Cephus and Jazz Peavy. Thankfully for the first time ever they are deep at that position. I didn't watch the Iowa game so I have no idea what the F happened. I assume JT Barret was gutter trash and threw a ton of int's and then the Iowa offense just took deep shots after the int's and the #25 RB dude who I think is underrated probably did his thing as well. That's the only way I can imagine the score being like that.
You change your tune more often than a jazz saxophone player. Wisconsin is deep at WR now? I thought they were down to 1 credible target?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is not ranked in the Coaches Poll. Wisconsin is not #3 in AP.
Like that matters. You're talking to a guy (?) who will bend shit every possible way until it breaks off.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like that matters. You're talking to a guy (?) who will bend shit every possible way until it breaks off.
Also has a strange obsession with the kid who used to be on home improvement.I googled Jonathan taylor to see who he was talking about.When he was rambling about Jonathan Taylor :L

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also has a strange obsession with the kid who used to be on home improvement.I googled Jonathan taylor to see who he was talking about.When he was rambling about Jonathan Taylor :L

Keep bashing on JT. When he wins consecutive Heismans...

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only poll that matters comes out Tuesday and I doubt Wisconsin jumps too many teams that didn't lose this weekend I mean beating Indiana is difficult I know but.....

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only poll that matters comes out Tuesday and I doubt Wisconsin jumps too many teams that didn't lose this weekend I mean beating Indiana is difficult I know but.....

Well I never said they would jump teams that didn't lose and I never said Indiana was a difficult W. However Indiana beat the living shit out of an ACC team that's in third in their division in Virginia, and Indiana took Michigan to out, was beating MSU until the end and was beating OSU at the half. Yet we handed them their biggest loss of the season.

Meh just another boring blowout. Yawn, who's next?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The “elite” Wisconsin defense should have no trouble shutting down Iowa.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The “elite” Wisconsin defense should have no trouble shutting down Iowa.
Most teams don't . 24 vs Wyoming , 19 vs PSU, 10 vs MSU and NW, 17 vs Minnesota .