• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Wisconsin play a ranked team this year?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that will really worked out for Wisconsin is Alvarez is no longer on the committee so they don't lose the Big Ten's voice on rankings.
Exactly, it's just a ton of former SEC coaches or athletic directors that have inflated the sec rankings of LSU Auburn and Mississippi State. To make Bama, Georgia and Clemson appear as though they have actually beaten good teams. They're manipulating the rankings. Meanwhile LSU lost to Troy at home the destroys SEC teams including Auburn and we're suppose to believe it's a good conference.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, it's just a ton of former SEC coaches or athletic directors that have inflated the sec rankings of LSU Auburn and Mississippi State. To make Bama, Georgia and Clemson appear as though they have actually beaten good teams. They're manipulating the rankings. Meanwhile LSU lost to Troy at home the destroys SEC teams including Auburn and we're suppose to believe it's a good conference.
Maybe you aren't getting what I said. Gene Smith is now the Big10 representative. Had Alvarez still been on the committee, he would have to leave when they are discussing Wisconsin.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you aren't getting what I said. Gene Smith is now the Big10 representative. Had Alvarez still been on the committee, he would have to leave when they are discussing Wisconsin.

Gene Smith isn't doing shit apparently for Wisconsin. SEC bias combined with ESPN connections to the committee and their contract with the SEC makes it nearly impossible for Wisconsin to have a legitimate chance even if they win out. If Bama wins out Georgia wins out and loses to Bama and Clemson and Notre Dame all win out Wisconsin won't make it. Hell if TCU or Oklahoma win out they will still be ahead of the Badgers and that's even with the Badgers going undefeated and curb stomping the rest of their opponents.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gene Smith isn't doing shit apparently for Wisconsin. SEC bias combined with ESPN connections to the committee and their contract with the SEC makes it nearly impossible for Wisconsin to have a legitimate chance even if they win out. If Bama wins out Georgia wins out and loses to Bama and Clemson and Notre Dame all win out Wisconsin won't make it. Hell if TCU or Oklahoma win out they will still be ahead of the Badgers and that's even with the Badgers going undefeated and curb stomping the rest of their opponents.
5-6 play this week as well as 3-7. You will jump both of the losers, assuming you beat Iowa. You also have 1-2 playing at the end of the SECCCG. That's three teams you will jump without any major upsets. You are finally hitting the difficult part of your schedule. Your SOS is killing you and this will pick you up.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-6 play this week as well as 3-7. You will jump both of the losers, assuming you beat Iowa. You also have 1-2 playing at the end of the SECCCG. That's three teams you will jump without any major upsets. You are finally hitting the difficult part of your schedule. Your SOS is killing you and this will pick you up.

Our sos is only killing us because the committee is manipulating the rankings.Bama's sos shouldn't be much if any higher than ours and their win over LSU who lost to Troy at home is their best sec win and a 2 win FSU is their best out of conference win. Sure our schedule does get more difficult but in the end the SEC committee will downgrade our opponents to make it appears as though we have beaten no one.

As for the up coming matchups. Oklahoma and Miami will go down. That still leaves TCU Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Georgia all in front of us. Clemson will win out vs their weak opponents, Notre Dame will have some weak PAC teams and Georgia and Bama will meet in the conference championship undefeated which means they will both get into the cfp.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our sos is only killing us because the committee is manipulating the rankings.Bama's sos shouldn't be much if any higher than ours and their win over LSU who lost to Troy at home is their best sec win and a 2 win FSU is their best out of conference win. Sure our schedule does get more difficult but in the end the SEC committee will downgrade our opponents to make it appears as though we have beaten no one.

As for the up coming matchups. Oklahoma and Miami will go down. That still leaves TCU Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Georgia all in front of us. Clemson will win out vs their weak opponents, Notre Dame will have some weak PAC teams and Georgia and Bama will meet in the conference championship undefeated which means they will both get into the cfp.
Your best win got destroyed by Duke. Win out and Wisconsin will end up in.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your best win got destroyed by Duke. Win out and Wisconsin will end up in.

That team also beat MSU, and Iowa after the Badgers beat them and vastly improved throughout the season like USC did last year.13-0 doesn't gurantee the Badgers are in the cfp and not by a long shot.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team also beat MSU, and Iowa after the Badgers beat them and vastly improved throughout the season like USC did last year.13-0 doesn't gurantee the Badgers are in the cfp and not by a long shot.
And LSU beat Auburn. You can't just look at one loss for one team but bring up the whole resume for the team that you want to prop up. Balance.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And LSU beat Auburn. You can't just look at one loss for one team but bring up the whole resume for the team that you want to prop up. Balance.

Who has Auburn beaten? Mississippi st would be their best win and miss st best ooc win was a 20 win UMass and in conference best win was LSU.

Auburn is just being pumped up by the committee so when Georgia and Bama beat them it will look like a great win.

I do look at the wins of the three teams in Auburn, miss st. Or Auburn impress me. They just beat each other, have terrible out of conference wins with one dreadful out of conference loss but hey they have those high quality losses to Bama, Clemson and Georgia. The truth is none of those teams will deserve to be ranked at the end of the season and are being used as pawns to make it appears like Clemson, Georgia and Bama have high quality wins vs ranked opponents.

The ties that the committee coaches and athletic directors have to the SEC is obvious and they're overrepresented in the committee and combine that with ESPN who has a contract with the SEC and is holding the ranking show every week makes it obvious the SEC bias is strong makeing the committee fraudulent

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is really dumb. The last thing ESPN wants is a regional final 4. Which would be the case if it's Bama, UGA, Clemson and TCU/OU for example.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really dumb. The last thing ESPN wants is a regional final 4. Which would be the case if it's Bama, UGA, Clemson and TCU/OU for example.

Meanwhile ESPN continually makes it sound as though Georgia and Bama is inevitable in the cfp and say that even a 13-0 Wisconsin shouldn't make it. They have multiple articles and video clips stating this every week like a broken record. You can believe what you want, meanwhile I believe in what they consistently say and write.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile ESPN continually makes it sound as though Georgia and Bama is inevitable in the cfp and say that even a 13-0 Wisconsin shouldn't make it. They have multiple articles and video clips stating this every week like a broken record. You can believe what you want, meanwhile I believe in what they consistently say and write.

Probably because those two teams would be more deserving at 12-1 than a 13-0 Wisconsin. Also there's a big difference between what the analysts report on TV and what the PR people and TV execs want.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because those two teams would be more deserving at 12-1 than a 13-0 Wisconsin. Also there's a big difference between what the analysts report on TV and what the PR people and TV execs want.

That's what the SEC committee wants you to believe. They prop up Auburn LSU and Miss st to make those seem like high quality wins for Bama, Georgia and Clemson when they really aren't.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you say that if the Badgers don't make it to the cfp at 13-0

Actually, yes. All anyone can do is play the team in front of them. If the NCAA wants to deny a 13-0 Wisconsin team from playing in the CFP, so be it. We'll play a bowl game, hopefully win that and end up 14-0 and possibly be the only undefeated team remaining. Sweet.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, yes. All anyone can do is play the team in front of them. If the NCAA wants to deny a 13-0 Wisconsin team from playing in the CFP, so be it. We'll play a bowl game, hopefully win that and end up 14-0 and possibly be the only undefeated team remaining. Sweet.

I don't find that sweet at all. I find it hypocritical for the committee to let Washington in the cfp last season despite having a weaker out of conference schedule and just as bad in conference schedule and a loss vs a 3 loss team.

Keeping the Badgers out of the cfp costs them money and potential recruits. That's not sweet it's sour and a raw deal from the sec committee.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't find that sweet at all. I find it hypocritical for the committee to let Washington in the cfp last season despite having a weaker out of conference schedule and just as bad in conference schedule and a loss vs a 3 loss team.

Keeping the Badgers out of the cfp costs them money and potential recruits. That's not sweet it's sour and a raw deal from the sec committee.

Since you don't own the NCAA, CFP or ESPN, all that you can do is bitch about it. It won't change a thing. I just don't waste energy worrying about it.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you don't own the NCAA, CFP or ESPN, all that you can do is bitch about it. It won't change a thing. I just don't waste energy worrying about it.

Then why watch? I watch sports because I know at least my team has a chance to win a championship until they're mathematically eliminated. However, in this flawed system of human bias for one conference isn't fun to watch especially when your team was eliminated before the season began. No I don't own all those organizations and nobody does. However, I am a fan and when enough of the customers are upset with the product and it costs them money it will cause change. If you sit there with your thumb up your ass and do nothing then nothing will happen and this trash system will stay in place