• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Wisconsin play a ranked team this year?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the Beautiful People travel to the game by boat.

Husky-Stadium-To-Print-1200x630.jpg

yea, thats kinda cool. As a boater, this is awesome. Beautiful setting.

but that stadium is teensy........

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WizardHawk btw, Sagarin rankings put Wisconsin's strength of schedule at 69th in the nation (which is terrible), but Washington's is 64th. And you guys lost a game. You're in no position to say anything.

Also Tom Oates has some interesting stats on BYU. They were averaging 9.3 wins per season over the last 11 years. It was reasonable to expect that they would be a quality win, not a 2-7 team.

Tom Oates: Soft wins on a soft schedule won't help UW's playoff stature

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WizardHawk btw, Sagarin rankings put Wisconsin's strength of schedule at 69th in the nation (which is terrible), but Washington's is 64th. And you guys lost a game. You're in no position to say anything.

Also Tom Oates has some interesting stats on BYU. They were averaging 9.3 wins per season over the last 11 years. It was reasonable to expect that they would be a quality win, not a 2-7 team.

Thats the shits of scheduling OOC games years in advance.

A team might be good when you schedule them but by the time you get to the game 3-4-5 years down the line, they are mediocre-crap.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A team might be good when you schedule them but by the time you get to the game 3-4-5 years down the line, they are mediocre-crap.
There are obviously teams that you can count on to be good, but you can't expect to schedule Alabama or Oklahoma every year OOC.

They could have scheduled Oregon right after their title game appearance, and they'd just be a 5-4 team on the schedule (4-5 if Wisconsin had beaten them, instead of their win over Nebraska). And people would still be saying the schedule is soft.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's either Iowa or Wiscy. That side of the conference is loaded

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are obviously teams that you can count on to be good, but you can't expect to schedule Alabama or Oklahoma every year OOC.

They could have scheduled Oregon right after their title game appearance, and they'd just be a 5-4 team on the schedule (4-5 if Wisconsin had beaten them, instead of their win over Nebraska). And people would still be saying the schedule is soft.

We scheduled Cal in the late 2000s when they went 10-3, 7-6, 9-4, 8-5. Obviously not Alabama or Oklahoma but a "decent" team at the time.......come to the time the games are actually played in 12 & 13, Cal ends up being 3-9 and 1-11 lol.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit.

First of all (or should I say YET AGAIN) I myself added Washington (and miami, and bama for that matter) IN MY FIRST FUCKING POST as also having weak schedules.

So you are god damned right I can say whatever the fuck I please on the subject. I haven't EVER denied or made excuses for our weak schedule and have in fact bitched about it this year, last year, and years back in anticipation of these two. And I've already cleared ALL OF THIS up in this thread more than once so you'll excuse me if I go the fuck off on yet another dipshit that doesn't take the time to read before opening their mouths.

Second I said I don't count Washington having BYU as their top in '19 as anything more than meh either. Even averaging 9 wins is not a top ranked team. Most consider them a mid major more than a P5 even if they are independent. They don't play enough quality teams for a 9 win season to mean what a 9 win season does for most P5's. They are not worthy of consideration as a top 25 contending type of difficulty years ahead.

Last edited:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True...but a lot of ADs were (and some still are) looking for easy wins when they scheduled OOC games back in the day. Some of them were willing to step out and schedule good ones but not many. The CFP committee stating they were going to "reward" more difficult OOC scheduling was supposed to take care of some of the cream puff OOC scheduling. Don't think we've seen all that much change IMO. Big school ADs are still looking for teams that are willing to come in for a butt whipping and a big check.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...but a lot of ADs were (and some still are) looking for easy wins when they scheduled OOC games back in the day. Some of them were willing to step out and schedule good ones but not many. The CFP committee stating they were going to "reward" more difficult OOC scheduling was supposed to take care of some of the cream puff OOC scheduling. Don't think we've seen all that much change IMO. Big school ADs are still looking for teams that are willing to come in for a butt whipping and a big check.

A lot of ADs are just looking for 6 wins. Gotta go to a bowl y'know

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As UW fan, I'm totally embarrassed. (not by the schedule, either)

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's either Iowa or Wiscy. That side of the conference is loaded

Wisconsin wins the conference after next week. They're using these weeks as byes and resting their players to prepare for the CFP.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As UW fan, I'm totally embarrassed. (not by the schedule, either)
Meh, good decent posters say outrageous crap about my team because of AG. You kind of get used to just having blinders on when your official trolls start shit.

:suds:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin wins the conference after next week. They're using these weeks as byes and resting their players to prepare for the CFP.

WOW, Jim Delany is going to forgo the conference championship so Wisconsin can get a playoff spot. What a great guy.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, Jim Delany is going to forgo the conference championship so Wisconsin can get a playoff spot. What a great guy.
Not a bad idea. The Big 12 might be better off cancelling their CCG if things turn out a certain way!

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, good decent posters say outrageous crap about my team because of AG. You kind of get used to just having blinders on when your official trolls start shit.

:suds:

I've seen some totally retarded shit in my time on message boards, but this one takes the cake, oven, electric supply, the whole shit...