• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Ole Miss stay ranked after today?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Jackson is out, that doesn't help our struggling secondary at all. Dude was a pick 6 machine and a big time leader. Fucking sucks.
There is some solace in that it doesn't look like any of Bama's last four opponents are exactly "chunk and catch machines". A&M was probably the last Bama opponent that can throw it worth a damn...at least until the playoffs. And Bama hasn't had any trouble stopping the run.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who were the coaches that still voted for them to be ranked? Was that figured out?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they beat Auburn, I'm ranking them next week even though they'll be 4-4.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did beat Memphis tho...

And Wofford...Don't forget Wofford...

But really, what's all the fuss about.... Our season is over... Been over.. We do not even want to be ranked ... WE just want the season to be OVER at this point...

Fuck the polls...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some solace in that it doesn't look like any of Bama's last four opponents are exactly "chunk and catch machines". A&M was probably the last Bama opponent that can throw it worth a damn...at least until the playoffs. And Bama hasn't had any trouble stopping the run.

Bye week should at least give us a little time to fill in the hole, but it's such a shitty way for the guy to end his college career.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the computers told you to do it? What a joke, yet not at all surprising.

No because I'm intelligent enough to look past W/L and recognize when a team has played a tough schedule, and how they've played against that schedule. It's not difficult to recognize the strength of team even in a loss.

Just a hypothetical, but if Ole Miss were to finish 7-5 and Nebraska were to finish 10-2, I'd be hard pressed to rank Nebraska as the better team.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because I'm intelligent enough to look past W/L and recognize when a team has played a tough schedule, and how they've played against that schedule. It's not difficult to recognize the strength of team even in a loss.

Just a hypothetical, but if Ole Miss were to finish 7-5 and Nebraska were to finish 10-2, I'd be hard pressed to rank Nebraska as the better team.
So, beating 1 ranked team and being .500 is enough to be top 25 in your book? I'm aware that Ole Miss has talent, but they are a very poorly coached team with a dreadful defense and horrendous execution. Their best game this year was arguably the first half of the FSU game. That's it. Losing to all the decent teams on your schedule doesn't mean you're a top 25 team.

Again, why do you keep trying to hold Nebraska against me? I'm not a Husker fan nor have I been tooting their horn. Nebraska could beat Wisconsin this weekend and you'd still rank Ole Miss over both of them so what difference does it make?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, beating 1 ranked team and being .500 is enough to be top 25 in your book? I'm aware that Ole Miss has talent, but they are a very poorly coached team with a dreadful defense and horrendous execution. Their best game this year was arguably the first half of the FSU game. That's it. Losing to all the decent teams on your schedule doesn't mean you're a top 25 team.

Again, why do you keep trying to hold Nebraska against me? I'm not a Husker fan nor have I been tooting their horn. Nebraska could beat Wisconsin this weekend and you'd still rank Ole Miss over both of them so what difference does it make?

Yep, that's enough for me. Again you need to rank 25 teams. Look at the teams in ORV. Wazzu sits at 26 and I know you don't think highly of them. Houston just lost to SMU, you think that's a top 25 team? You think USC is bad. I'm sure you think Arkansas is bad, because of 3 losses.

I keep bringing up Nebraska because they've played a shitty schedule and haven't even looked good against it. You think they are a top 15 team, my point is if they played Ole Miss' schedule do you think they'd be any better than 3-4?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's enough for me. Again you need to rank 25 teams. Look at the teams in ORV. Wazzu sits at 26 and I know you don't think highly of them. Houston just lost to SMU, you think that's a top 25 team? You think USC is bad. I'm sure you think Arkansas is bad, because of 3 losses.

I keep bringing up Nebraska because they've played a shitty schedule and haven't even looked good against it. You think they are a top 15 team, my point is if they played Ole Miss' schedule do you think they'd be any better than 3-4?
I guess this goes back to our conversation last week about how mediocre this year has been in college football when you're looking at the top 25. Would you rank Ole Miss over Penn State? I'm sure I know the answer to that question already.

I don't think highly of Wazzou for the same reason you don't think highly of Nebraska, only Nebraska has actually gone out and done the damn job this year at least.

If they played Ole Miss' schedule, they'd probably be 4-3 or 5-2. Arkansas is a sloppy, inexperienced team. I think Nebraska would beat them. I also think they'd be right in it with FSU and could pull it out. This season, who knows? I said I think Nebraska is a top 15 team with their unbeaten record. I don't think they're elite. If they were 3-4 with Ole Miss' schedule, I wouldn't even consider ranking them.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this goes back to our conversation last week about how mediocre this year has been in college football when you're looking at the top 25. Would you rank Ole Miss over Penn State? I'm sure I know the answer to that question already.

I don't think highly of Wazzou for the same reason you don't think highly of Nebraska, only Nebraska has actually gone out and done the damn job this year at least.

If they played Ole Miss' schedule, they'd probably be 4-3 or 5-2. Arkansas is a sloppy, inexperienced team. I think Nebraska would beat them. I also think they'd be right in it with FSU and could pull it out. This season, who knows? I said I think Nebraska is a top 15 team with their unbeaten record. I don't think they're elite. If they were 3-4 with Ole Miss' schedule, I wouldn't even consider ranking them.

Right now I'd rank PSU over Ole Miss. As I did in the SportsHoopla poll. If both continue to win, I can't see a scenario where I would rank Ole Miss ahead of PSU.

And yes you don't think highly Wazzu, but there the next team in line(at least in the AP poll). Like I said you have to rank 25 teams. My guess is Nebraska would be 3-4, but I would think the same thing about them, if they were to hypothetically beat Auburn next game, and look how Ole Miss has looked in the losses. They lost on a neutral to FSU by 11, home to Bama by 5, on the road at Arkansas by 4 and at LSU by 17. Nebraska has played at Northwestern and Indiana. The atmosphere's and teams aren't really comparable.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the SEC East going to come down to a Tennessee/Kentucky matchup??? :dhd::dhd::dhd:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'd rank PSU over Ole Miss. As I did in the SportsHoopla poll. If both continue to win, I can't see a scenario where I would rank Ole Miss ahead of PSU.

And yes you don't think highly Wazzu, but there the next team in line(at least in the AP poll). Like I said you have to rank 25 teams. My guess is Nebraska would be 3-4, but I would think the same thing about them, if they were to hypothetically beat Auburn next game, and look how Ole Miss has looked in the losses. They lost on a neutral to FSU by 11, home to Bama by 5, on the road at Arkansas by 4 and at LSU by 17. Nebraska has played at Northwestern and Indiana. The atmosphere's and teams aren't really comparable.
It makes me throw up in my mouth that even if we beat michigan, we'd need Penn State to lose in order to go to the B1G CCG. It would be Wisconsin's wet dream.

And like I said in our convo last week, it's a testament to how week the back of the top 25 is this year. I've already said if Nebraska was 3-4 with Ole Miss' schedule, I wouldn't think about ranking them. That FSU game was absolute garbage football on both sides. There had to be a winner but both teams looked like shit. The Bama game was interesting until Bama woke up and rolled. They were up 18 with 3 minutes left and let off the gas and allowed Ole Miss to make it more interesting than it was at the end. Arkansas is unranked and LSU smoked them.