• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Ole Miss stay ranked after today?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. All you need to do in order for your defense to improve is schedule Texas Tech or OU. That'll make your defense look like the best in the nation.

Honestly if Ole Miss looks this bad on defense going up against the conservative offenses with crap QBs in the SEC

Their defense would look even worse going up against those wide open Big 12 offenses.

On a side note I'd hate to be a Big 12 defensive coordinator, going up against those wide open offenses every single week can't be fun to defend.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the highlights of that game and it went on forever. It was like every other play was a score. I don' think my high school BB team put up that many points when I played.
It was strange. I was like a tennis match where you have to hold serve.

What is googy to me is that Lincoln Riley and KK are both from the Leach coaching tree. One would think they know what the offenses are going to do and plan accordingly.

Tech just doesn't have any talent on defense. I have no idea what OU's problem was...other than strange things happen at night in Lubbock.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if Ole Miss looks this bad on defense going up against the conservative offenses with crap QBs in the SEC

Their defense would look even worse going up against those wide open Big 12 offenses.

On a side note I'd hate to be a Big 12 defensive coordinator, going up against those wide open offenses every single week can't be fun to defend.
The DBs definitely get a little fatigued having to chase receivers all over the field week after week. Then if they are close to 'em they can't tackle 'em. TCU's secondary looks horrible this year which is strange for a Patterson team.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DBs definitely get a little fatigued having to chase receivers all over the field week after week. Then if they are close to 'em they can't tackle 'em. TCU's secondary looks horrible this year which is strange for a Patterson team.

Agreed it's hard to run with these receivers and almost all the QBs are good too. TCU's bad defense definitely came as a surprise, last year their defense was bad thanks to injuries but this year it was healthy and the defense was still bad. Very odd for a Patterson team that's for sure.

TCU and Texas Tech play next week, that will be an absolutely wild shootout

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed it's hard to run with these receivers and almost all the QBs are good too. TCU's bad defense definitely came as a surprise, last year their defense was bad thanks to injuries but this year it was healthy and the defense was still bad. Very odd for a Patterson team that's for sure.

TCU and Texas Tech play next week, that will be an absolutely wild shootout
Maybe the Tech defense is just what the TCU offense needs to get well. They haven't been very good this year either. I think they've had some injuries on offense this year.

TCU has just been a disappointment all around.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Tech defense is just what the TCU offense needs to get well. They haven't been very good this year either. I think they've had some injuries on offense this year.

TCU has just been a disappointment all around.

Possibly, I know Turpin got hurt for TCU this year that speedster was a huge part of their offense.

Kenny Hill is one issue they won't be able to fix, he throws too many picks for a team that has that bad of a defense and he misses on throws as well. Even without Turpin the TCU offense should be better because it has a ton of speed.

The best way to play defense in the Big 12 is bend but don't break and force turnovers. Oklahoma State is pretty good at it, Baylor's defense has seemed solid at it as well. West Virginia so far is the only defense that has shut teams down.

Then you have Texas Tech and TCU who's defenses bend AND break

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, I know Turpin got hurt for TCU this year that speedster was a huge part of their offense.

Kenny Hill is one issue they won't be able to fix, he throws too many picks for a team that has that bad of a defense and he misses on throws as well. Even without Turpin the TCU offense should be better because it has a ton of speed.

The best way to play defense in the Big 12 is bend but don't break and force turnovers. Oklahoma State is pretty good at it, Baylor's defense has seemed solid at it as well. West Virginia so far is the only defense that has shut teams down.

Then you have Texas Tech and TCU who's defenses bend AND break
Tech's defense couldn't tackle a bunch of fat old SportsHoopla posters in the open field!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tech's defense couldn't tackle a bunch of fat old SportsHoopla posters in the open field!

LOL! For a 46 year old I still got some moves to juke a few Tech defenders.

Probably wouldn't work against most other defenses

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they aren't ranked anymore
1. Alabama (60)
2. Michigan (1)
3. Clemson
4. Washington
5. Louisville
6. Ohio State
7. Nebraska
8. Baylor
9. Texas A&M
10. West Virginia
11. Wisconsin
12. Florida State
13. Boise State
14. Florida
15. Auburn
16. Oklahoma
17. Utah
18. Tennessee
19. LSU
20. Western Michigan
21. North Carolina
22. Navy
23. Colorado
24. Penn State
25. Virginia

Second thread you've posted 'virginia' instead of VT.

:tsk:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So says one of the biggest trolls on this board.

I only troll haters, and I generally think they troll themselves.

The non-haters I do a lot of tongue in cheek type stuff with.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only troll haters, and I generally think they troll themselves.

The non-haters I do a lot of tongue in cheek type stuff with.

Noone is hating on Alabama, you guys are a playoff caliber team. The rest are a bunch of decent teams. There are 4 teams this year, Ohio State and about 50 teams that could rotate between 6 and 25.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noone is hating on Alabama, you guys are a playoff caliber team. The rest are a bunch of decent teams. There are 4 teams this year, Ohio State and about 50 teams that could rotate between 6 and 25.

I wasn't talking about Alabama or anything specific here, I troll haters in general. They mad? I'm gonna make em madder.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't talking about Alabama or anything specific here, I troll haters in general. They mad? I'm gonna make em madder.

The troll mad hadder

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Auburn fan, when you find yourself defending a 3-4 Ole Piss for the sake of defending the SEC, you my friend have reached a new low.
Thought this thread was for jokes.........

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama will lose in 2 weeks.

Eddie Jackson is out, that doesn't help our struggling secondary at all. Dude was a pick 6 machine and a big time leader. Fucking sucks.