• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Montee Ball have cinder blocks for hands?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also most of Ball's carries have come when the game was already decided and teams knew when he came in that we were most likely going to run. That should play a little into the picture of this.

Right now though I just don't think the full picture is clear enough to say one way or another.

Honestly this whole draft class I have no idea what we have in them. Williams has gotten only a handful of plays and DT is one of the harder positions to adjust to so honestly I don't expect much from him this year (anybody heard how he is doing since he got injured last game).

Ball has had limited opportunities and with Moreno just having a career year and in my opinion playing as one of the top 5 backs in the NFL right now he doesn't need to do a whole lot unless there is injuries.

Webster-This is the one guy that has actually gotten quite a bit of playing time and has looked pretty darn good for a rookie. The guy has the strength, speed, and aggressive playing style that I like in a corner.

The others obviously have yet to see the field so who knows with this draft class. I'm just glad the Broncos are in a position where draft picks don't have to be depended upon for production to have a successful year.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?? He's got 1 rushing TD on the year and about 260 yards on 60 + carries. Not exactly lighting it up.

Green Bay is doing RB by committee in an attempt to keep defenses honest but everyone knows Rodgers will be airing it out. None of their RB have great rushing numbers so far this season.

He missed basically two games with a concussion, and has had games of 15 23 and 21 carries in his 3 starts. Green Bay is 5th in rushing and 3rd in ypc. They have had a 100 yard rusher in 3 of 5 games and missed a 4th game by 1 yard, and there only poor performance rushing was week 1 vs one of the best defenses in the Niners...so how have they not put up great numbers this year?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 18 more. That's not even 50% more, let alone twice as many.

And he's been better when he's on it than Ball has been.

You can look at yards per attempt to get a true apples to apples comparison.

I understand it's a small sample size, and that's why no one is claiming that the Broncos clearly made the wrong choice because obviously things can change, but it's undeniable that SO FAR Lacy has been far better than Ball.

:suds::agree::thumb:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Ball is having some "rookie" jitters if you will. That said, if he does continue to struggle and were to make some costly mistakes, there just might be a C.J. Anderson siteing in the buiding before too long.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He missed basically two games with a concussion, and has had games of 15 23 and 21 carries in his 3 starts. Green Bay is 5th in rushing and 3rd in ypc. They have had a 100 yard rusher in 3 of 5 games and missed a 4th game by 1 yard, and there only poor performance rushing was week 1 vs one of the best defenses in the Niners...so how have they not put up great numbers this year?

We are specifically comparing Lacy and not Green Bay rushing as a team.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Ball is having some "rookie" jitters if you will. That said, if he does continue to struggle and were to make some costly mistakes, there just might be a C.J. Anderson siteing in the buiding before too long.

Almost forgot about him. We have to make a roster move to activate Von by Saturday. Wonder who it will be?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Ball.... It's not like he was asked to pick up a pedestrian offense in his first year.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Ball.... It's not like he was asked to pick up a pedestrian offense in his first year.

That's a fair point. He has a steep learning curve in this offense as someone already alluded to.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bets are on Lenon....

possibly. Zach Dyssert maybe? or if they want to protect him, Tamme?

The position that makes sense is Adrian Robinson at SLB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possibly. Zach Dyssert maybe? or if they want to protect him, Tamme?

The position that makes sense is Adrian Robinson at SLB.

Robinson already got cut in favor of king coming off the practice squad. My guess is either Omar bolden or jammer as both have stunk in limited action and Lennon seems to be our only MLB other than woodyard

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson already got cut in favor of king coming off the practice squad. My guess is either Omar bolden or jammer as both have stunk in limited action and Lennon seems to be our only MLB other than woodyard

Robinson was cut? must have been this week and they have not released the official depth chart then.

Broncos web site still has him on the roster.

Denver Broncos | Depth Chart