• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anyone know anything about the NCAA hammering Ok State??

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't I post damn near the same thing a few pages back? Thayer Evans has a very POOR track record of vetting his sources.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked the fan on the WVU board. If it really is a hack job why would SI run the articles at the risk of losing their stalwart reputation? I would think it has something to it or SI would have pulled it.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't I post damn near the same thing a few pages back? Thayer Evans has a very POOR track record of vetting his sources.

And the other writer is well known and respected reporter....I believe he won a Pulitzer.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying it isn't? Did you read the Whitlock article?

obviously you are the one who did not read the article. the writer is an OU fan, nothing more nothing less. He never even went to OU. He has no connection to OU other then being a fan.

How that makes it a conspiracy by OU, defies logic...

Also, do you consider a writer who uses the words Chokie State, in a article, to be taken serious?

Really?

I'm no OSWho apologist, by any means and I imagine there is some truth to what is being said, but not to the extent this guy makes it out to be.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask you the same thing I asked the fan on the WVU board. If it really is a hack job why would SI run the articles at the risk of losing their stalwart reputation? I would think it has something to it or SI would have pulled it.

Thayer Evans has had articles in the NYTs......what you posted means absolutely NOTHING.

He has sources.....the problem is, he has a looooooong history of not vetting those sources. The article could very well be legit, lord knows I don't care if OSU gets hammered or not. But Thayer Evans IMMEDIATELY puts the whole article into question for me and a LOT of people in the media that know him. Whitlock isn't the only one.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying it isn't? Did you read the Whitlock article?

Thayer was bounced from SI, once before for doing something similar and I'm pretty surprised that they would have anything to do with him, again.

As an aside, T-bone has allegedly called up all the CEOS he know who advertise with SI and wants them to boycott SI.

This could get rather interesting.....

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thayer Evans has had articles in the NYTs......what you posted means absolutely NOTHING.

He has sources.....the problem is, he has a looooooong history of not vetting those sources. The article could very well be legit, lord knows I don't care if OSU gets hammered or not. But Thayer Evans IMMEDIATELY puts the whole article into question for me and a LOT of people in the media that know him. Whitlock isn't the only one.

Whitlock hates everyone who doesn't fit his mold of the "ideal white man."

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitlock hates everyone who doesn't fit his mold of the "ideal white man."

Dude damn near NOBODY in the print media buy anything Thayer Evans writes. Like I said, his reputation precedes him.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I need to know if all this is BS or not is the answer to 2 questions:

(a) Does Jason Thayer own a tape recorder?
(b) If he does, did he use it with the people he interviewed?

Yes: OSU is screwed.
No: It's mostly BS.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
allegedly, and I think it might have been Tatum Bell, was taped. he denied ever talking to SI.

other than that, I've heard nothing.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Just to be clear, I am not defending Oklahoma State, but since when is SI the epitome of quality journalism. Any magamzine/newpaper/online news entity will print just about anything anymore for a buck.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Tweeted and then deleted by Dez Bryant - "I wish somebody would have offered me 25K at Okstate"

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 0.02 worth.

Have not read it, and probably won't when it comes out or even if it is out.

If Miami can have a convicted FELON come out and say the things he did and nothing happen, Oklahoma State has no worries.

If North Carolina can have their athletes take classes that don't exist and get away with it, Oklahoma State has no worries.

All Oklahoma State has to do is delay and deny. If the NCAA wants anything don't give it to them. Lawyer up and get away with it.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rpvix.jpg

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll much?

Been to Stillwater, and they are as harmful a bunch as gnats in December.

You shouldn't take everything you 'hear', much less what you hear supposedly living in the hometown of your biggest instate rival, as being all that serious.

:rollseyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 0.02 worth.

Have not read it, and probably won't when it comes out or even if it is out.

If Miami can have a convicted FELON come out and say the things he did and nothing happen, Oklahoma State has no worries.

If North Carolina can have their athletes take classes that don't exist and get away with it, Oklahoma State has no worries.

All Oklahoma State has to do is delay and deny. If the NCAA wants anything don't give it to them. Lawyer up and get away with it.

Both Miami and North Carolina had bowl bans, dude. Okie State isn't in good shape. When the story hasn't fully been developed and your AD is already appearing on television apologizing to everyone, the writing is pretty much on the wall.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Miami and North Carolina had bowl bans, dude. Okie State isn't in good shape. When the story hasn't fully been developed and your AD is already appearing on television apologizing to everyone, the writing is pretty much on the wall.

I agree, but at what point do you stop going back to find dirt on a program. I'm sure there is some sort of statue of limitations on violations. Might be too late to enforce any sort of punishment.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That AD should be fired too. What a dumbass.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again....

Allegations generally are based on violations that have occurred four or fewer years before the time an institution is notified of an investigation or an institution notifies the enforcement staff of violations. However, the enforcement staff may allege violations that have occurred beyond the four-year period if they involve (1) the eligibility of a current student-athlete, (2) a pattern of willful violations that began before the four-year window but continue into the four-year window or (3) a blatant disregard for certain fundamental rules (recruiting, extra benefits, academics, ethical conduct) or (4) an effort to conceal violations.