• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope the NCAA makes some moves

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so disappointed in the B10 right now. If the SEC, ACC and/or the B12 were to have their seasons, I would be in favor of the NCAA making these concessions:

* B10 (and Pac12 when they end up canceling) football athletes will be granted a waiver to transfer and play immediately.
* All schools can now have 90 scholarships. It will go against their draft class in 2021, if the transferred players have more than one year of eligibility left.

It would be a pretty amazing year if several players could transfer without penalty to many of these schools!

I don't like the NCAA for a variety of reasons (Mostly that they seem uneven in their discipline), but they would get a lot of respect from me if they backed the players and coaches here.

It seems that some Ohio State guys have already been asking about going to the SEC:

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is only a matter of time before every conference cancels their seasons. There is just too much momentum going against the schools.

I've given up hope that there will be any season.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA can blow up today

They can still make a power move here, but if they lay down and do nothing, I don't see why they are necessary.

I HATE what the B10 and soon to be Pac 12 are doing, but the good news is that the power may actually shift towards a better system. I don't see how the B10 and Pac 12 return to any sports this academic school year. Most schools rely HEAVILY on Football money to operate. If the virus is even still remotely around in November, I imagine it just gives them an excuse to kill the whole year and save the money.

Oh well, I guess I can become an SEC or ACC fan for the next few months. It appears they are likely to be playing football in a month or so (although after the B10 issued the revised schedule, I thought they would for sure start the season).

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody should be at all shocked. There will be no CFB this year by ANY league.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is only a matter of time before every conference cancels their seasons. There is just too much momentum going against the schools.

I've given up hope that there will be any season.

I don't blame you. I'm as confused as a newborn at a strip club right now. I'm even holding out hope that the Rock puts a press release out that he has been contacted by several NCAA players, and they will put together minor league XFL league this fall for all juniors and seniors to come try out for.

I hope the NFL doesn't drop out too. Football was my only hope for a diversion from politics the next few months.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear the worst. At least let it start and then see how things go.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schools that cancel "Fall Sports" have to consider that means Basketball, too. I can't imagine that going over very well at all with the Tobacco Road Cabal pulling the strings in ACC.

If I had to bet today, I would say we at least start the season.

At the same time, I could see outside arrangements being made amongst schools that do want to play.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t heard much of anything out of the NCAA. Maybe I missed something.