• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Anyone Consider The Steelers A Playoff Team?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of preseason hype, but the results just aren't there. They had one quality win against the Panthers. Other than that, a lackluster win against the Jags and squeeker against the Brown in their home opener. Personally, I think they are simply an average to below average team. Just curious what the masses think.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of preseason hype, but the results just aren't there. They had one quality win against the Panthers. Other than that, a lackluster win against the Jags and squeeker against the Brown in their home opener. Personally, I think they are simply an average to below average team. Just curious what the masses think.

Average team with the ability to beat any team in the league...lacks the consistency on both sides of the ball to be considered a playoff team at this point...hopeful some of the young guys can become more consistent, but it might not be this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing a playoff team at this time. Cleveland is actually a decent team this year so splitting with them isn't as big of an insult as it was a couple of years ago. You are right though other than the Panther win I'm just not seeing a team that I can see consistently winning games. They have talent so I could see them pulling themselves back up but these next 3 games are going to be crucial for them. They are all home games but against teams with .500 or better records so if they can win 2 of the next 3 I will give them a chance but we shall see.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average team with the ability to beat any team in the league...lacks the consistency on both sides of the ball to be considered a playoff team at this point...hopeful some of the young guys can become more consistent, but it might not be this year.

That describes just about every team in the NFL's top 20. I guess that's why we see so much turnover each year with playoff teams.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to consider any team that lost to Tampa Bay this year as a playoff team but stranger things have happened.

If memory serves me correct. the 1989 Steelers opened the season by being outscored 90-10 in their first two games and that team came back to make the playoffs.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not this guy:

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That describes just about every team in the NFL's top 20. I guess that's why we see so much turnover each year with playoff teams.

It does...what has been so frustrating about watching the Steelers this year is the OFC...I think most felt the DEF would take 10-12 games to get the young guys playing with any kind of consistency....The OFC...blowing CLE out in the 1st game, then go into a cocoon in the 2nd half...24 pts thru 3Q vs TB and goose egg in the 4Q...total let down vs JAX,...completely controlled the 1Q yesterday, nothing to show for it then got smoked in the 2Q...never in it vs BAL....

The OFC was supposed to carry the team until the DEF got up to speed...not...1 complete game out of 6 so far.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to consider any team that lost to Tampa Bay this year as a playoff team but stranger things have happened.

If memory serves me correct. the 1989 Steelers opened the season by being outscored 90-10 in their first two games and that team came back to make the playoffs.

Yeah, that was a wild season. 3 teams in the division made the playoffs, all had 9-7 records (well actually, the Browns were 9-6-1 that year). Cincy got left out with an 8-8 record, and they were 5-1 in the division!

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're looking pretty average to me. If they got hot for a while, that could be enough to get them in the playoffs, but I haven't seen anything out of them to suggest they're a serious threat this year. Honestly, I like 3 teams in their division more than them right now.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the least

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with Brett Kiesel who said we're an average team right now.

That being said we've got 3 wins and so does everyone else in the division - so we're right in the thick of it.

Our offense has to find a way to score some points and our D has to start keeping people out of the endzone. There's time to get it turned around but we have to act now.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said we've got 3 wins and so does everyone else in the division - so we're right in the thick of it.

Our offense has to find a way to score some points and our D has to start keeping people out of the endzone. There's time to get it turned around but we have to act now.

Not quite.

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes me mad is that the Steelers have a lot of talent & SHOULD be playing much better than they are.

But to answer your question...NO. Not unless things change, quickly.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they're not.....the D is old and slow. Their D-line got blown back time and time again yesterday. I thought Cleveland losing their starting Center to injury early yesterday was going to be a bug plus for Pittsburgh, but the back-up didn't miss a beat. Plus they gave CB Cortez Allen a new 5yr deal and he repeatedly gets torched along with Ike Taylor. Their 2 home games have been against Cleveland and Tampa and gave up a combined 54pts. That's not the D Steelers fan are used to seeing.

Ben's shaky play shows he isn't having fun and looks disinterested most of the time. Have trouble scoring in the red zone. Wouldn't shock me if Ben ended his career wearing another uniform. Seems like he and the offensive coaches don't see things the same way.

Things will get worse before they get better. No playoffs (again) for Pittsburgh this year.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
As of right now no. Three weeks from now who knows.

When the season started did anyone give the Cowboys a chance to be 5/1 with a decent defense....
Don't think so.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Tomlin should call Ray Rice up and get some tips on how to fight.....:lol:
Seriously tho, 3 losses does not eliminate anyone from the playoffs, but Haley does....He's the biggest problem they have IMO.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Tomlin should call Ray Rice up and get some tips on how to fight.....:lol:
Seriously tho, 3 losses does not eliminate anyone from the playoffs, but Haley does....He's the biggest problem they have IMO.

Tomlin might not know how to fight, and might not walk the walk, but he walks the field, during a game