• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doctor, Come In... There's a Pulse.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.png

Suddenly, at 4-5, the Chiefs are, rather improbably, 1 game behind the Jets and Bills for a WC spot while holding a H2H over Pitt; yikes, AFC. The Chiefs will be playing the Bills in Arrowhead in two weeks. BUT, on to struggling San Diego. This team isn't dead yet after a bizarre, bewildering, and heartbreaking 1-5 start. But as the Joker would say:

I am not so sure it changes some of my thoughts on the draft needs for this team- even if the Chiefs continue to win. What I will say is that this season has going from promising, to disaster-zone, to an oasis? Or more likely a mirage, right? Oasis sounded cooler, anyways. The defense has gotten its shit together it looks like over the past month or so, and it has an attitude adjustment to go along with it. Looks more like the punishing unit I envisioned. The schedule ahead, in comparison to other NFL teams, is to be blunt: Charmin' Soft; an opportunity awaits the Chiefs if they are up to it. I doubt it due to the sheer scope of the hole they built, but hey, they have made a good start digging themselves out.

As for the offense, that's probably where it gets trickier: They just aren't all that deep. The Chiefs have 1 excellent TE, an imo, an excellent WR, and a whole lot of blah. Smith gets a lot of blame at times- and some of it is most definitely earned- but when I am seeing an OL being completely unable to sustain its passblocking on a game to game, to game basis, it just makes me shake my head. When I see a decent downfield pass that hits a WR's hands in the endzone... dropped? Well, come on now, you can't tell me that's Smith's fault. Conley got quite a few snaps vs Pitt and has kind of dropped off the face of the Earth since; the week before this one he had 9 snaps! Not particularly alarming given he looked pretty solid vs Pitt, just wondering when we are working him in on more regular basis? This team quite obviously needs a WR that can be relied upon opposite Maclin. Yes, there's Kelce, but he's a TE, and his name is not Tony Gonzalez.

Just random thoughts about the Chiefs position at this point of the season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since my Niners don't have a chance really, I looked at the Chiefs schedule more:

Opponents Current Record:

Houston: 4-5 (0-0)
Denver: 7-2 (1-0)
Green Bay: 6-3 (2-0)
Cincinnati: 8-1 (3-0)
Chicago: 4-5 (1-3)
Minnesota: 7-2 (2-2)
Detroit: 2-7 (1-6)
Denver: 7-2 (7-1)
------------------ 38-27 (0.585), 17-12 (0.586)

San Diego: 2-7
Buffalo: 5-4
Oakland: 4-5
San Diego: 2-7
Baltimore: 2-7
Cleveland: 2-8
Oakland: 4-5

Remaining Schedule: 21-43 (0.328)

Bills are likely to be 5-5 when KC plays them and if the Chiefs beat the Chargers, obviously their record will be lower the second time they play them, same with Oakland. Pretty sure Baltimore's record's going to be better when they face each other, though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas City doesn't have to win out, but it's obviously best to do so:

The current four division leaders in the AFC (NE, CIN, INDY, and DEN) are likely to finish the year on top of their division. There are 7 teams with five or fewer losses, and only Houston is really out of it. Houston has 5 losses, and 2 of those are to wild card contending teams. Buffalo and the Jets play each other in week 17. The Dolphins play the Jets in week 12. So, if KC wins out there is still a chance that they will not make the playoffs. However, this is unlikely to happen. Likely, the Chiefs cannot lose more than 1 game in the second half of the season. Losses to Oakland or Buffalo would be damaging to their prospects. It is possible for them to still go if they have a 9-7 record, but that would take a lot of luck. None of the six or seven teams have an easy row to hoe ahead.

The Chiefs have a shot. If they win straight out, they will probably make the playoffs. Its almost a sure thing. If they lose one more game, especially if it is not against Oakland or Buffalo, they will have a really good shot at making the playoffs. If they lose two more game, especially if they lose to Buffalo, and Oakland, then their future is murky at best.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 6 teams in contention of the two wild card spots. Denver still wins the division unless a huge implosion happens. In addition, Cincinnati, and New England are locks to win their division. Absent a complete break down, none of those teams have much of a concern. Indy will probably win their division. Looking at the AFC South, the other contestants are pathetic, and Indy has an easy remaining schedule.

At least one wild card team will be no better than 10-6, and it is just as probable the second team will be no better than 10-6 either. If it comes down to a scrum of teams with the same record, then the key is winning against like opponents. Denver only got beat by Indy, who is probably not going to be a wild card team. Other than if Green Bay loses to Oakland, that loss won't make much difference. The Bengals play the Steelers, but they already beat Pittsburgh once, and Pittsburgh lost to KC, so that game loss doesn't matter. The Chicago game matters because the Chiefs lost, and Oakland beat the Bears. However, if the Chiefs win out against Oakland, then that lost is neutralized. The upcoming game between the Vikings and the Raiders would be important only if the Chiefs don't beat Oakland both games.

To sum it up. It is unlikely two wild card teams will have fewer than 6 losses this season. If one team does, but the other does not, then the Chiefs may be in a head to head match up for the final wild card spot. In that case, the Chiefs (due to the teams they lost to) are in good shape. If it comes down to a three or four team tie then the Chiefs win out due to winning percentage in conference.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAMIf it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
  1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
  2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  4. Strength of victory.
  5. Strength of schedule.
  6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best net points in conference games.
  9. Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss.
Three or More Clubs(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
  1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo plays a primetime game @ NE this week. Should be another "L" for the Bills to drop them to 5-5 before they come to KC. If Chiefs take care of business vs SD we should both be 5-5 heading into a pivotal game at Arrowhead.

The 5-4 Jets head to Houston and who knows what the **** will happen with that game.

The 4-5 Raiders get the Lions, who just beat the Packers in Lambeua, on the road.

The 4-5 Dolphins play home against the Cowboys who have dropped seven in a row, but then play @ the Jets the following week.

The 6-4 Steelers have a bye before traveling to SEATTLE and then they face Colts, Bengals, and Broncos. Some tough games ahead.

Chiefs control their destiny for the playoffs and are ascending at the right time. Lets hope they continue to progress forward.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would be big to get Bailey back. He's a very underrated part of our passrush this year. Bailey, Poe, and Howard have been a menacing trio when they have all been together so far.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 52485

Suddenly, at 4-5, the Chiefs are, rather improbably, 1 game behind the Jets and Bills for a WC spot while holding a H2H over Pitt; yikes, AFC. The Chiefs will be playing the Bills in Arrowhead in two weeks. BUT, on to struggling San Diego. This team isn't dead yet after a bizarre, bewildering, and heartbreaking 1-5 start. But as the Joker would say:

I am not so sure it changes some of my thoughts on the draft needs for this team- even if the Chiefs continue to win. What I will say is that this season has going from promising, to disaster-zone, to an oasis? Or more likely a mirage, right? Oasis sounded cooler, anyways. The defense has gotten its shit together it looks like over the past month or so, and it has an attitude adjustment to go along with it. Looks more like the punishing unit I envisioned. The schedule ahead, in comparison to other NFL teams, is to be blunt: Charmin' Soft; an opportunity awaits the Chiefs if they are up to it. I doubt it due to the sheer scope of the hole they built, but hey, they have made a good start digging themselves out.

As for the offense, that's probably where it gets trickier: They just aren't all that deep. The Chiefs have 1 excellent TE, an imo, an excellent WR, and a whole lot of blah. Smith gets a lot of blame at times- and some of it is most definitely earned- but when I am seeing an OL being completely unable to sustain its passblocking on a game to game, to game basis, it just makes me shake my head. When I see a decent downfield pass that hits a WR's hands in the endzone... dropped? Well, come on now, you can't tell me that's Smith's fault. Conley got quite a few snaps vs Pitt and has kind of dropped off the face of the Earth since; the week before this one he had 9 snaps! Not particularly alarming given he looked pretty solid vs Pitt, just wondering when we are working him in on more regular basis? This team quite obviously needs a WR that can be relied upon opposite Maclin. Yes, there's Kelce, but he's a TE, and his name is not Tony Gonzalez.

Just random thoughts about the Chiefs position at this point of the season.

so it'd seem...

and wow, the Bolts really DO suck...

not really trying to be mean, but they looked PUTRID today...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so it'd seem...

and wow, the Bolts really DO suck...

not really trying to be mean, but they looked PUTRID today...
They might be the worst team with a good-great QB I have ever seen or recall. Nowhere in that roster is there anything considered indicative of proper team construction. Every Charger fan is now furious to have observed such an abomination.

With that being said: That was another asskicking.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might be the worst team with a good-great QB I have ever seen or recall. Nowhere in that roster is there anything considered indicative of proper team construction. Every Charger fan is now furious to have observed such an abomination.

With that being said: That was another asskicking.

being here in L.A. this is the game we usually drive down to see. NATURALLY I skipped out this season...and look what happened...:lol:

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I may have to get tix down in Baltimore in December..who'da thunk it..but next week will be a tough one against a good Bills team. Hopefully West and DAT are good to go.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, uh, they won? The injury bug really had it out for us today- but they pulled through.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knew it was gonna be rough against the Bills, though. good team. GREAT team if they had a better QB imo...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initial word I saw was just a hyper-extension. No ACL, MCL, or anything crazy like that.

good to hear. probably get a lotta soreness from that, but what football player ISN'T nicked up about this point in the season. I have a feeling that the Raiders are going to be tough to beat in Oakland and with playoff implications on the line they better bring their "A" game...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to hear. probably get a lotta soreness from that, but what football player ISN'T nicked up about this point in the season. I have a feeling that the Raiders are going to be tough to beat in Oakland and with playoff implications on the line they better bring their "A" game...
Not looking forward to that game with a hobbled passrush and OL. Smith and the receivers are going to need to put the team on their back again to win if this week is any indication. The good news is with this win, we can afford to drop one game in the WC race.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, maybe I'll fix it later.