• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dobson & Easley removed from PUP

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news.

Dennard takes another step: It has been noted that it was a big day on the health front for the Patriots as tight end Rob Gronkowski graduated to seven-on-seven drills, receiver Aaron Dobson was removed from the physically unable to perform list, and defensive lineman Dominique Easley was removed from the non-football injury list, but not to be overlooked was cornerback Alfonzo Dennard getting extensive work in seven-on-seven drills. He's clearly still knocking off some rust, but the graduation to seven-on-seven drills was notable.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woo Hoo!!

Good news, can't wait to hear good things about Easley!

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crossing my fingers that all 3 remain healthy for the entire season.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news.

Dennard takes another step: It has been noted that it was a big day on the health front for the Patriots as tight end Rob Gronkowski graduated to seven-on-seven drills, receiver Aaron Dobson was removed from the physically unable to perform list, and defensive lineman Dominique Easley was removed from the non-football injury list, but not to be overlooked was cornerback Alfonzo Dennard getting extensive work in seven-on-seven drills. He's clearly still knocking off some rust, but the graduation to seven-on-seven drills was notable.

a healthy Easley to rush the passer and the back end of the defense will make that defense damn good, like we haven't seen in many years.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a healthy Easley to rush the passer and the back end of the defense will make that defense damn good, like we haven't seen in many years.

If the NFL is going to eliminate DB's from being able to play....the draft is going to change. You'll see D-line drafted in abundance.

All these flags are F'n ridiculous!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL is going to eliminate DB's from being able to play....the draft is going to change. You'll see D-line drafted in abundance.

All these flags are F'n ridiculous!

National Flag League.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it now - They're in the nickel defense - the snap - QB drops back to pass - He throws and....
All 5 DB's get flags. Ref is pointing at the linebacker and yelling " we're out of flags!"
League decides the next day to give the ref's extra flags.....

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news on the health... This d has a lot of potential...possibly shades of vrable bruschi and harrison

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news on the health... This d has a lot of potential...possibly shades of vrable bruschi and harrison

Yes, great news - but don't jump the gun on Dobson. Players break bones in foot when they run agressively when they are tired. Muscles don't support the foot structure properly when weakened.
He will need to come back slowly. I see him as second string until he gets ALL the way back.
Be warned - some guys are never able to reach their potential because the more they train, the more foot stress they have and then the recurring injuries. Dobson is going to have to be productive when he does play and not play so much he gets hurt again. Patience.....

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, great news - but don't jump the gun on Dobson. Players break bones in foot when they run agressively when they are tired. Muscles don't support the foot structure properly when weakened.
He will need to come back slowly. I see him as second string until he gets ALL the way back.
Be warned - some guys are never able to reach their potential because the more they train, the more foot stress they have and then the recurring injuries. Dobson is going to have to be productive when he does play and not play so much he gets hurt again. Patience.....

agreed.. which is why I said D and not both sides of the ball.. Dobson showed flashes.. but that can easily be hindered by a nagging foot issue.. look at what turf toe has done..

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that this defense would seem to be improved, but I'm just a little concerned about the lack of depth at the LB position if one of the starters were to go down.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this defense would seem to be improved, but I'm just a little concerned about the lack of depth at the LB position if one of the starters were to go down.

I was thinking about that the other day.. with all the DL they have been picking up, I think the D will be in 4-3 for the most part.. or some variation, limits the number of LB we would need and they could go a 3-3 and load the back end with DB for the real pass happy teams ie broncos

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foot injuries especially for receivers and running backs seem to take longer than people like to admit to heal up. I remember when D. Thomas came into the league his rookie year with a broken foot and pretty much the Broncos had to red shirt him in hopes that he could heal up and produce the next year. It sucked to see your 1st round pick have to sit out but now that decision is paying dividends with him fully healed up and looking like a top-5 receiver. Now maybe Dobson's foot injury wasn't quite as bad but if I were the Patriots knowing the talent that you all have I would have kept him on the PUP seeing if there were any injuries by that point and then activate him hopefully fully healed and ready to contribute in a big way.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot injuries especially for receivers and running backs seem to take longer than people like to admit to heal up. I remember when D. Thomas came into the league his rookie year with a broken foot and pretty much the Broncos had to red shirt him in hopes that he could heal up and produce the next year. It sucked to see your 1st round pick have to sit out but now that decision is paying dividends with him fully healed up and looking like a top-5 receiver. Now maybe Dobson's foot injury wasn't quite as bad but if I were the Patriots knowing the talent that you all have I would have kept him on the PUP seeing if there were any injuries by that point and then activate him hopefully fully healed and ready to contribute in a big way.

id love to have Dobson reach half the receiver that Dthomas is.. again he shows flashes but I was hoping for more of an immediate impact from a 1st round pick

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id love to have Dobson reach half the receiver that Dthomas is.. again he shows flashes but I was hoping for more of an immediate impact from a 1st round pick

Wasn't he a 2nd round pick? I understand wanting to see more which is why I would wait until he is fully healed up before rushing him back. It stinks to have to wait but I think the Patriots have enough talent to survive say he would sit out the first 8-weeks (can't really do that now since he came off of PUP). And maybe his foot is more healed up kind of thing than I think but I as a coach would just error on the side of caution with any foot injury to a receiver and once they are cleared then tell them to give it another few weeks just to make sure.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he a 2nd round pick? I understand wanting to see more which is why I would wait until he is fully healed up before rushing him back. It stinks to have to wait but I think the Patriots have enough talent to survive say he would sit out the first 8-weeks (can't really do that now since he came off of PUP). And maybe his foot is more healed up kind of thing than I think but I as a coach would just error on the side of caution with any foot injury to a receiver and once they are cleared then tell them to give it another few weeks just to make sure.

as much as they jump around the draft board you might be right.. my memory is foggy if he was second rnd the it was early in the round..

PatsRule12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots selected Dobson in the second round, with the 59th overall pick.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobson is good for +1,200 yards 7 TDs this season if he holds. The Pats have many distractions out there catching balls. Unfortunately, Gronk is not healthy yet. They should hold him until after mid season, would be extremely useful down the stretch and PO bound. Take it easy, Gronk!