• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you sit RG3 and play Cousins?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im of the opinion he needs to take a seat and get his head straight. His mental tweak might have to do more with the fact that he thinks he is better than he actually is right now. And continuing to placate him when he obviously isnt ready actually is doing more harm that good I think.

And yes JC year two comes to mind. Missing wide open targets down the field. little happy feet in the pocket from time to time. Add in a splash of Rex and his habit of holding onto the ball to long only to try and gun sling it into a bad play, or just plain poor mental mistakes that cost the team. Right now that deal with the Rams is starting to smell.

i dont think he needs a seat, he cant hit open targets , read defenses on the run , or work on mechanics holding a clip board

the last thing he needs is no practice reps and no game reps

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see more Cam year 2. We just need to remember last year and how good he was. The potential is there. I really think the injury and recovery set him back more than any of us could have imagined. He just needs a full offseason as well as some good coaching and some mentoring. Hell, he's only 23. Remember when you were 23? I thought I knew everything. At least now I do:doh:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think he needs a seat, he cant hit open targets , read defenses on the run , or work on mechanics holding a clip board

the last thing he needs is no practice reps and no game reps

he cant hit open targets , or read defenses majority of the time.

And that right there is the problem. And we could play another 13 games and right now it doesnt look like he will fix this. He needs to take a seat. Especially when he is starting to play the blame game. That INT to sunday was all on him. Yet he blamed every one but RG3.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. That simple. You wouldn't do it to any other franchise QB, so why ours. Mike Smith in ATL could probably lose his job due to such a poor season, but he's not going to bench Ryan...some things just don't make sense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL doesn't have Cousins. apples and oranges skinemall

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan also isnt a big part of the reason the passing game is suffering in ATL. Give him a wide open WR and Ryan will make the throw more often than not. How many wide open WRs has RG3 missed this season?? And I have never heard Ryan blame the play call and the WRs not being open for him making a bone headed mistake.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan also isnt a big part of the reason the passing game is suffering in ATL. Give him a wide open WR and Ryan will make the throw more often than not. How many wide open WRs has RG3 missed this season?? And I have never heard Ryan blame the play call and the WRs not being open for him making a bone headed mistake.

yes, its the QBs fault...isn't that what we are talking about? I've only seen Robert blow about 3 wide open plays this year...granted they would have been for scores. Also with the blown pass to Pauslen, he had probably gotten accustom to the more athletic Reed, who may have run a little bit deeper on that route.

This is probably the first time RGIII hasn't conducted himself in the best way or shown himself to be totally frustrated after a game. IT HAPPENS, lol. I'm glad, you can't always give perfect answers...he was looking like some sort of robot at times with the media.

I don't wanna start anything here...I'll simply say, I'd rather see Griffin finish the year because he gives us the best chance to win. It is also possible the coaching staff(with the exception of Haslett) will be back next year, so RGIII needs the work.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been very critical of RG3 because I don't feel he put enough time in the playbook during the offseason.

That being said, you do not sit him down. That would create hostility between him and the franchise or it would destroy his confidence. There is no other option.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that right there is the problem. And we could play another 13 games and right now it doesnt look like he will fix this. He needs to take a seat. Especially when he is starting to play the blame game. That INT to sunday was all on him. Yet he blamed every one but RG3.

come on , he didnt play well vs the chargers , bears or vikes for that matter? i think it can be fixed the more he plays . benching him is foolish

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RG3 said he made a mistake on that INT . that he was trying to throw it away and it is something he can learn from

he was asked what he could have done better ? he said throw it to the sidelines

what else does he need to say ?

mHeady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all in on RG3. We do not sit him, that is blasphemy. Get a grip, RG3 will be back to form next year especially when he has a defense that will keep opposing offenses under 30 pts a game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all in on RG3. We do not sit him, that is blasphemy. Get a grip, RG3 will be back to form next year especially when he has a defense that will keep opposing offenses under 30 pts a game.

some dont agree with you . they think having him hold a clipboard will help him next year.

they feel the extra snaps are of no value at all and that RG3 is a neurotic out of control egomaniac who refuses to or cant learn to play qb in the NFL

they feel that we need to build up KC 's trade value at the risk of dividing the team because God forbid we dont get that 1st round pick for him . they believe that our sieve o/line will magically block better for him then RG3 because Rg3 is a primadonna who needs to learn his place

he can only be handled by benching him , and sending him to football therapy

there i feel much better being melodramatic

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how 1 question will divide people who love the same team. There is no correct answer here but lots of wrong one ones it seems.

1) Cousins needs playing time so the Skins need to evaluate how he does against a 1st string offense = wrong answer because it could hurt RG3's confidence.
2) Continue playing RG3 and hope he does better on the field and with his teammates = wrong answer only if he doesn't progress. If continues to fail what are you showing the rest of the team, that your not trying to win by not putting Cousins in to get a spark.
3) Cousins starts and does amazing or horrible = Big wrong answer because now you have QB controversy or now you lost some trade value.
4) Start Rex Grossman = Wrong Answer and give every Redskin fan a gun to blow their brains out

In Conclusion it doesn't look good for this season which is equally bad because we wont get a good top 5 pick because of this bad season.

PS. RG3 needs to either avoid the media or when forced to speak say the generic/robot answers. "I am happy to be a Redskin, I made a mistake today that cost the team the win and I vow to do better next time, we wouldn't have gotten the score close if it wasn't for the hard work of my teammates, insert more positive blah blah blah here".

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, I just dropped in on the 49ers forum and they have a thread about Kaepernick that sound eerily like how we debate rg3's play right now. He can't read defenses, doesn't go through his progressions, locks in on one receiver, and doesn't pass out of the pocket well. This confirms my belief that what our young QBs are experiencing is typical and we should have expected it. We need some patience. Rg3 has talent and smarts, he just needs time and experience. He needs snaps to work through this. Sitting him will only delay his development.

Kaepernick is fortunate in one respect. He play our defense next and everyone appears to have career days against us.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, I just dropped in on the 49ers forum and they have a thread about Kaepernick that sound eerily like how we debate rg3's play right now. He can't read defenses, doesn't go through his progressions, locks in on one receiver, and doesn't pass out of the pocket well. This confirms my belief that what our young QBs are experiencing is typical and we should have expected it. We need some patience. Rg3 has talent and smarts, he just needs time and experience. He needs snaps to work through this. Sitting him will only delay his development.

Kaepernick is fortunate in one respect. He play our defense next and everyone appears to have career days against us.

i believe that both qbs qill be very good pros and the simply need snaps

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Redskins sit RG3 so Cousins gets some playing time under his belt? Yes RG3 is the future QB for the Skins but this season is lost (no they wont make playoffs). So why not give Cousins time to prove what he can do which can either add to his value if they won't to trade him or show we need to find a backup QB. Of course you risk this hurting your starting QB's confidence but if presented to him in a way that allows him to understand he is the still next seasons QB and this move is to help increase Cousins value in landing a job and the skins a pick, a big MAYBE he would grasp this. He (RG3) needs to work on gaining the teams confidence back and showing he is a Team player first. Star QB's take all the blame no matter what and he needs to be a leader in the locker room and on the field and not on the microphone to the media. So should Cousins start the rest of the season?

Ritz , i love you man but that wasnt "just a simple question " you added an opinion to that

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd continue to play RG3 until it is statistically impossible to make the playoffs (even though I think we all realize this team has no chance of making it now).

Then I'd put in Cousins to (1) give him some experience should he need to step in and play some day, (2) possibly raise his trade value if he plays well, and (3) to not push our luck with that knee. If we are 4-10 or 5-9 and RG3 hurts the knee again in a last meaningless game, that would be a dagger.

If this happens, the coaches should sit him down and explain it to him in exactly those terms so it's clear he's still the starter, but that they are playing it safe. Sit some other guys as well so it's clear it's not just about RG3/Cousins. He'll have a legit offseason to get better this year and hopefully come back next season with a better attitude and maybe some new teammates.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd continue to play RG3 until it is statistically impossible to make the playoffs (even though I think we all realize this team has no chance of making it now).

Then I'd put in Cousins to (1) give him some experience should he need to step in and play some day, (2) possibly raise his trade value if he plays well, and (3) to not push our luck with that knee. If we are 4-10 or 5-9 and RG3 hurts the knee again in a last meaningless game, that would be a dagger.

If this happens, the coaches should sit him down and explain it to him in exactly those terms so it's clear he's still the starter, but that they are playing it safe. Sit some other guys as well so it's clear it's not just about RG3/Cousins. He'll have a legit offseason to get better this year and hopefully come back next season with a better attitude and maybe some new teammates.

i dont think that is realistic you cant sit him unless he is hurt

forget about raising trade value and what not

what if KC gets hurt ? what happens to his trade value then ?

RG 3 needs all the game reps and practice reps he can get regardless if we are in a playoff hunt or not

if he gets tweaked , then put KC in but when you bench RG3 , he also loses the practice reps

to me it doesnt pay to bench him

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask again do we play Cousins now?