• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you sit RG3 and play Cousins?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Redskins sit RG3 so Cousins gets some playing time under his belt? Yes RG3 is the future QB for the Skins but this season is lost (no they wont make playoffs). So why not give Cousins time to prove what he can do which can either add to his value if they won't to trade him or show we need to find a backup QB. Of course you risk this hurting your starting QB's confidence but if presented to him in a way that allows him to understand he is the still next seasons QB and this move is to help increase Cousins value in landing a job and the skins a pick, a big MAYBE he would grasp this. He (RG3) needs to work on gaining the teams confidence back and showing he is a Team player first. Star QB's take all the blame no matter what and he needs to be a leader in the locker room and on the field and not on the microphone to the media. So should Cousins start the rest of the season?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't. It would cause such a firestorm of shit. What happens if cousins plays well? Do you keep your commitment that rg3 is still the starter?

The reality is that rg3 is our franchise qb and his ceiling is so much higher than cousins. He is having a very tough year, but you can't quit on him without it having serious repercussions both in the locker room and out. The best medicine for rg3 is taking snaps. He needs experience and he's getting it right now. What I would do is to try and take some of the heat off of him, both through play calling and manage his external exposure.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1339427125641.gif

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^ lmao!

You can't sit Griff. He's our guy. And he's not injured. Period. And especially not in this media market. Tho' that is the smallest factor in why you don't sit him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to be on the fence with this one. I know our season is over. And it has nothing to do with trying to raise Cousins value. But RG3 does seem to be suffering a bit from a mild case of head in ass syndrome. Maybe he does need to be reminded that he works for the Redskins, not the other way around. IN any other situation if you were not performing your JOB to expectations, you would be subject to some form of corrective action. Maybe RG3 does need to sit down and realize that its a privileged to be a starter in the NFL.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more experience for rg3 the better.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, he's a second year QB that is coming off of a major injury. His struggling is not uncommon. Our expectations are what is out of whack. We all bought into the Superman hype. Well, he aint superman. Do I think he has some ego issues? Maybe, but this year should bring him back down to earth. Sitting him, in my opinion, could do more harm to his psyche than good and it would definitely damage his relationship with his coaches. Plus, as I said above, he needs the reps. He needs to see the different Defensive looks. The more he sees it and experiences it, the quicker he will learn.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why Im on the fence J_Y. He does need the reps and the time. But I think he has already damaged the relationship with the coaches. And What really worries me is, if we continue to tank, does he then convince Snyder to bring in his old college coach?? We cant just sit back and hold him blameless for this mess.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 needs every rep he can get in game conditions and to us the fan, the season is done but the coaching staff has to "sell" 9-7 can win the division and until that coffin is nailed shut you cant do anything else as a HC

You study , watch film , blah blah blah all you want but you need practical game experience to apply the knowledge

so no you dont sit RG3 unless he is physically tweaked .

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, he is as culpable as any in our predicament. Im not sure about the relationship issue with the shanahans. Im trying to figure out if that is media driven or not. The media would love nothing more than to have a rift develop. Honestly, i would really like to see RG3 stop talking. His focus needs to be internal, not external, right now. I agree with what santana said. Media relations for the skins have not done a good job of managing RG3's exposure. I just hope that its their fault and not RG3's who won't listen to them. I said this a couple of week ago, but McNabb may have been onto something. He was the wrong messenger, but RG3 needs some serious mentoring from a vet. The question is would he accept it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 needs every rep he can get in game conditions and to us the fan, the season is done but the coaching staff has to "sell" 9-7 can win the division and until that coffin is nailed shut you cant do anything else as a HC

You study , watch film , blah blah blah all you want but you need practical game experience to apply the knowledge

so no you dont sit RG3 unless he is physically tweaked .

And what if he is mentally tweaked?? I have heard countless times that its not the offensive lines fault that our passing offense sucks until its usually too late. I have heard the defense be thrown under the bus (deservedly), but mention that RG3 looks more like Jason Campbell year two currently and every one just does the whistle and walk maneuver. For what ever reason, his game is still off 11 weeks into the season. Might not be the worst thing in the world to just sit him. As its a safe bet 9-7 might win the Division... but the Skins have about a snowballs chance in hell of being that team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the organization feels that they want to trade Cousins this offseason then showcasing him could provide us with a 2nd round pick. But it could also hurt his trade stock if he does poorly. I think RG3 should start the 49ers game. If we loose then Cousins for the remaining 5 games is a possibility.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a week too early to discuss this topic. lets see how RG3 does Monday night.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what if he is mentally tweaked?? I have heard countless times that its not the offensive lines fault that our passing offense sucks until its usually too late. I have heard the defense be thrown under the bus (deservedly), but mention that RG3 looks more like Jason Campbell year two currently and every one just does the whistle and walk maneuver. For what ever reason, his game is still off 11 weeks into the season. Might not be the worst thing in the world to just sit him. As its a safe bet 9-7 might win the Division... but the Skins have about a snowballs chance in hell of being that team.

i dont see how RG3 can fix the mental side of the game on the sidelines . you need to apply what you learn to the game .

and really RG3 is like JC year 2 ? Really ?

and again shark , you and i from the cheap seats can say 9-7 is a farce . but the HC with a job possibly on the line cant

the skins wont consider bringing in KC unless RG3 is hurt period .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not as crazy as it sounds skinsdad about playing Cousins.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be excited and pumped up to play monday night. Its a national game, he's been taking heat, and he will be going up against Kapernick, one of his peers. I actually expect him to rise to the occasion and play a good game. He has some mechanics issues that won't be worked out until the offseason, but he had those last year too.

If he can't elevate his game for Monday Night,, then he really is suffering.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion Cousins should of played the whole month of Sept. But that is water under the bridge. right jy19. lol.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not as crazy as it sounds skinsdad about playing Cousins.

it is foolish , get your starter the much needed reps and stop worrying about KC's trade value

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see how RG3 can fix the mental side of the game on the sidelines . you need to apply what you learn to the game .

and really RG3 is like JC year 2 ? Really ?

and again shark , you and i from the cheap seats can say 9-7 is a farce . but the HC with a job possibly on the line cant

the skins wont consider bringing in KC unless RG3 is hurt period .

Im of the opinion he needs to take a seat and get his head straight. His mental tweak might have to do more with the fact that he thinks he is better than he actually is right now. And continuing to placate him when he obviously isnt ready actually is doing more harm that good I think.

And yes JC year two comes to mind. Missing wide open targets down the field. little happy feet in the pocket from time to time. Add in a splash of Rex and his habit of holding onto the ball to long only to try and gun sling it into a bad play, or just plain poor mental mistakes that cost the team. Right now that deal with the Rams is starting to smell.