• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you sit RG3 and play Cousins?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a fan of Bob's since his days at Copperas Cove High School............you haven't a clue about Bob's make up. It's the NFL.....50% of these guys or more know they won't be fired or benched.

you know shark....it's an art with you. I don't think I disagree with anyone more than you on the most basic of football observations. Wouldn't you know.....I think that's all you :yahoo:

Pday.. .thing is, I could say Water is wet, and you would disagree with me. Its just the way we are. Its cool though. :suds:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a fan of Bob's since his days at Copperas Cove High School............you haven't a clue about Bob's make up. It's the NFL.....50% of these guys or more know they won't be fired or benched.

you know shark....it's an art with you. I don't think I disagree with anyone more than you on the most basic of football observations. Wouldn't you know.....I think that's all you :yahoo:

Pday - I believe everything you say here. However - could it be possible that as RG3 became more famous & moved into the NFL his overall attitude changed? I am also not saying that he is a bad guy - just that he needs to know when to keep his mouth shut (for his own benefit). What good does it do providing material for these moronic reporters? The next coach needs to have a little more balls & teach RG3 how to do what is best for the team - not the media.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pday - I believe everything you say here. However - could it be possible that as RG3 became more famous & moved into the NFL his overall attitude changed? I am also not saying that he is a bad guy - just that he needs to know when to keep his mouth shut (for his own benefit). What good does it do providing material for these moronic reporters? The next coach needs to have a little more balls & teach RG3 how to do what is best for the team - not the media.

Yes Sir....people change. Bob is quality people and may of got caught up in the SportsHoopla of NFL QB, but I think his desire to excel will be what defines him as an NFL QB. Bob isn't the kinda guy that has to be in charge, that has never appeared in his make-up before.I just don't think he cares for all that is the ego of the head coach. I think it's that simple. Griffin thumped Texas to go to Baylor....large ego's do not appear to be his thing.

could be wrong....next three years will tale this story

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Sir....people change. Bob is quality people and may of got caught up in the SportsHoopla of NFL QB, but I think his desire to excel will be what defines him as an NFL QB. Bob isn't the kinda guy that has to be in charge, that has never appeared in his make-up before.I just don't think he cares for all that is the ego of the head coach. I think it's that simple. Griffin thumped Texas to go to Baylor....large ego's do not appear to be his thing.

Hope you are not wrong regarding ego. I agree with this take on Griffs character. I'm still attributing a lot of his comments to youth and growing pains, media spin and a perfect storm of issues. Only time will tell for sure.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds good. I just also hope that RG3 can also admit that there are flaws in his game that require work on his part. I have no doubt he will work very hard - just need to ensure that he realizes he has a long ways to go (after the last few months that is probably obvious to him). Everything just came too easy last season - in the NFL one season is quite often not an indicator of future success. Time to work the kinks out of his game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good. I just also hope that RG3 can also admit that there are flaws in his game that require work on his part. I have no doubt he will work very hard - just need to ensure that he realizes he has a long ways to go (after the last few months that is probably obvious to him). Everything just came too easy last season - in the NFL one season is quite often not an indicator of future success. Time to work the kinks out of his game.

That's the key. He recognizes that he has to develop and he focuses on what it is he has to develop. It is not his physical capabilities, per se (although his mechanics right now are terrible). He doesn't have to try and be the fastest or the strongest in the weight room. The majority of the development for him is cerebral. Secondarily, and to what Shark is alluding, he needs a does of humble pie. I said this earlier, but I'm concerned over who his inner circle is. He apparently isn't very close off the field to anyone in the organization (including players). Who is his confidant and who gives him council?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the key. He recognizes that he has to develop and he focuses on what it is he has to develop. It is not his physical capabilities, per se (although his mechanics right now are terrible). He doesn't have to try and be the fastest or the strongest in the weight room. The majority of the development for him is cerebral. Secondarily, and to what Shark is alluding, he needs a does of humble pie. I said this earlier, but I'm concerned over who his inner circle is. He apparently isn't very close off the field to anyone in the organization (including players). Who is his confidant and who gives him council?

From all appearances, the inner circle consists of his wife and his dad, and maybe Dan. But every time I take a step back and breath, I hear something new that makes me just shake my head. Apparently hih dad was the first person he talked to after the game. Which is understandable on the one hand, and troubling on the other.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't fault a guy for having his dad and wife in his inner circle. My guess is his agent is also in there. However, I find it a bit troubling that he really doesn't have any personal relationships with any teammates. I'd be curious to know if he was the same way at baylor. I think off the field, he is a bit of a loner.

The problem is that he needs a football mind also listening to him and advising him.

I hope you are wrong about Dan......that could be a problem with both his coaches and his teammates. Perceived preferential treatment.....

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't fault a guy for having his dad and wife in his inner circle. My guess is his agent is also in there. However, I find it a bit troubling that he really doesn't have any personal relationships with any teammates. I'd be curious to know if he was the same way at baylor. I think off the field, he is a bit of a loner.

The problem is that he needs a football mind also listening to him and advising him.

I hope you are wrong about Dan......that could be a problem with both his coaches and his teammates. Perceived preferential treatment.....

I know he is a grown man, and I expect Dad to be one of his closest advisors. But as a coach, Im sure it has to drive Mike Nuts to have to deal with a players dad as much as he has to in this case.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about being under the microscope, does the media watch him take a shit to see if he's a one wipe guy or a fold over?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hire Dungy or Edwards as his football advisor. Snyder has the money and have him pay a guy to say the correct things to him. Yes its sad a grown man with all this talent appears to have few true friends and even fewer football friends he can talk business about. He needs to do what the great QB's do which is have a weekly dinner with his offense. Bond, joke around, talk, enjoy life and then study film together as unit. Jell together as a team off the field and try to bring that togetherness to the playing field. Also listen to the other veterans and heed their advice. Do more talking with your teammates then with the media.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hire Dungy or Edwards as his football advisor. Snyder has the money and have him pay a guy to say the correct things to him. Yes its sad a grown man with all this talent appears to have few true friends and even fewer football friends he can talk business about. He needs to do what the great QB's do which is have a weekly dinner with his offense. Bond, joke around, talk, enjoy life and then study film together as unit. Jell together as a team off the field and try to bring that togetherness to the playing field. Also listen to the other veterans and heed their advice. Do more talking with your teammates then with the media.

Exactly:nod:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea. Someone with real football creds. It certainly can't be your pops, if that's what's even going on.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about being under the microscope, does the media watch him take a shit to see if he's a one wipe guy or a fold over?

Come on Sub.. I know most of us around here have played some kind of team sport or coached it. As some one who has played, coached and been a parent. One thing i can say for sure is a coach does not need want or generally tolerate a parent attempting to tell him how to manage a player. Now thats at the high school level and below. RG2 needs to be like most pop warner parents, cheer your heart out. But let the coach do his job. Mike doesnt need a players dad telling him how he should play his son.

And lets face it RG3 is so in the media because thats what he chose to be. IF you bask in the lime light when things are good, you cant then complain about the same light when things are going not so good.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was told by someone that supposedly went to high school with RG3 that he was kind of a loner, geeky kind of guy at that time. Perhaps he is taking this time to enjoy all the publicity & related perks - nothing wrong with that to a degree. As others have mentioned it sounds like perhaps he needs a mentor to coach him on the field and even off the field to a degree.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a darrell Green or art monk be that kind of mentor and reach out to him.