• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we go WR in the first round?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get a true Calvin Johnson type #1 WR - Considering our 1st pick could be between 25-28, I would not be opposed to taking WR in the 1st.

The closest thing to Calvin was AJ this year. I don't think we'll see a WR on that level in a while. Not to take anything away from guys like Blackmon and Julio Jones.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The closest thing to Calvin was AJ this year. I don't think we'll see a WR on that level in a while. Not to take anything away from guys like Blackmon and Julio Jones.

Great! Well, I'm not sure about you but I'm not 'feelin' it' with Edwards - maybe that will change with these next two games.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great! Well, I'm not sure about you but I'm not 'feelin' it' with Edwards - maybe that will change with these next two games.

Agreed. I just don't think he's a very good fit in this offense, and particularly with Alex.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sammy Watkins?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sammy Watkins?

Sammy Watkins is probably the closest thing in NCAA right now, but Calvin is 6'5 235 & runs like a deer. Plus he can transform into a gun. Can Sammy Watkins transform into a gun? I don't think so.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get a true Calvin Johnson type #1 WR - Considering our 1st pick could be between 25-28, I would not be opposed to taking WR in the 1st.

The good thing about a guy like Dobson is that he could be had around the 5th round. Kind of like when Colston was drafted in the 7th.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The good thing about a guy like Dobson is that he could be had around the 5th round. Kind of like when Colston was drafted in the 7th.

Shit, that makes it a no-brainer then. I can't help but to wonder, with our offensive scheme and limitations, if drafting a potential game-breaking WR be a wasted pick?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shit, that makes it a no-brainer then. I can't help but to wonder, with our offensive scheme and limitations, if drafting a potential game-breaking WR be a wasted pick?

in the short term it might, but if he's the best pick at that time, do it.

btw - looking ahead its more limitation than scheme, but for NOW thats ok. they HAVE come a long way in one year, and the expectations (of their limits) have now accelerated ahead.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
in the short term it might, but if he's the best pick at that time, do it.

btw - looking ahead its more limitation than scheme, but for NOW thats ok. they HAVE come a long way in one year, and the expectations (of their limits) have now accelerated ahead.

I agree with all, 100%, Deep!

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What about grabbing the dynamic RB and getting Wayne from Indy. He made $5.95M in his last year of his contract. He has no certainty that Manning is going to come back nor would he want to wait for Luck (if that is who they draft) to come around.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we go free safety with T.J. McDonald. Where we're going to pick he's the most impact player that will also fill a need. Goldson is going to want to much money for his 6 sacks, though he's just o.k. T.J. McDonald is a sfety that will help our whole secondary as far being able to defend slot wr's man to man, over the top help for the weaker cb, big hits, hands/ball skills to make a play on the ball, plus the football i.q (being Tim McDonalds son) to make qb's not even want to throw in his area.
T.J. McDonald!!!
T.J. McDonald NFL Draft Analysis - 2010 Season - YouTube
Plus we might be picking later than 25.

Mcdonald is returning to USC for his senior season

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he made that decision after I posted this. My new #1 pick for us that I would like to see is a wr. I would like to see us draft Kendall Wright. He reminds me of Marvin Harrison.

I wanted to edit but since I can't I just quoted.
I don't think Melvin Ingram will be there for us, however, if he is he'd be my first pick for us. I'd play him opposite Aldon Smith. We'd be set at olb for the next 10 seasons at least. Two monsters off the edge.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he made that decision after I posted this. My new #1 pick for us that I would like to see is a wr. I would like to see us draft Kendall Wright. He reminds me of Marvin Harrison.

yeah he is in alot of mocks going to us... and he was a beast in his bowl game yesturday he looked nice. And T.J. is going back to school USC is pushing for a national championship run

Texas9erFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The easy cop out answer is to say take the best player available.
But yes, I would hope the best available is a WR! We desperately need one.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Crabtree, and Morgan coming back next year, is WR really where yall would spend your first pick?