• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we go WR in the first round?

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michael Floyd is there at 25 would you send up the selection card with his name right away? Alshon Jeffery, or still go CB?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No. I'm pretty comfortable with Crabtree and Williams. I think it would be hard to spend a 1st round pick on a receiver at this point. I wouldnt mind picking one up in the later rounds though.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if someone is there i wouldn't mind. there might be a couple decent ones in the 2nd. we need a goto wr and given how much harbaugh like double te's we could use a te as well. why didn't we go kyle rudolph!

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm pretty comfortable with Crabtree and Williams. I think it would be hard to spend a 1st round pick on a receiver at this point. I wouldnt mind picking one up in the later rounds though.

Would you go defense?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we go free safety with T.J. McDonald. Where we're going to pick he's the most impact player that will also fill a need. Goldson is going to want to much money for his 6 sacks, though he's just o.k. T.J. McDonald is a sfety that will help our whole secondary as far being able to defend slot wr's man to man, over the top help for the weaker cb, big hits, hands/ball skills to make a play on the ball, plus the football i.q (being Tim McDonalds son) to make qb's not even want to throw in his area.
T.J. McDonald!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIx37YX6C2Y&feature=related
Plus we might be picking later than 25.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidin.fan76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm liking a wr at the time we'd be picking. Someone big and strong like Edwards but can stay healthy. Jeff fuller comes to mind. Don't know if he merits a first round pick but would be great addition in red zone. Plus a Niner connection.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be alright if it were Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jefferey. Otherwise i think Ryan Broyles or Jeff Fuller in the 2nd could both be of good value.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm liking a wr at the time we'd be picking. Someone big and strong like Edwards but can stay healthy. Jeff fuller comes to mind. Don't know if he merits a first round pick but would be great addition in red zone. Plus a Niner connection.

No he doesn't. He's a late 2nd to mid 3rd round pick - in terms of talent.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly I know we have a pretty loaded backfield in Gore, an explosive player in Hunter; and pretty descent back in Dixon - but if LaMichael James is there in the 2nd round...I'd be hard pressed to pass on him. He would be a dynamic x factor in our offense. So since we already have our future invested in Gore/Hunter, I'd target another position. Soap disappointed last night. Alameda Ta'amu or Dontari Poe should be his replacement in 2012.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NT in the 2nd rd Bingo or would you go NT in the first? which isn't bad considering its a late first.

Fuller is big at 6'4 i believe. He's someone I would consider, but outside the first UNLESS he blows up the combine.

Jeffrey would be my "wr" target outside of Blackmon(or we go ATL for Blackmon)

RG, Top tier S, CB would be my targets... even though Goldson is having a good year(let's see what he wants in terms of $)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NT in the 2nd rd Bingo or would you go NT in the first? which isn't bad considering its a late first.

Fuller is big at 6'4 i believe. He's someone I would consider, but outside the first UNLESS he blows up the combine.

Jeffrey would be my "wr" target outside of Blackmon(or we go ATL for Blackmon)

RG, Top tier S, CB would be my targets... even though Goldson is having a good year(let's see what he wants in terms of $)

I don't think Ta'amu or Poe will last till pick number 59; which is our second round pick. Therefore, we would need to select one of them with our late first round selection. Unless, of course we are able to trade up to the early 2nd round similar to what we did in April 2011.

Floyd and Jeffery will not be there when we pick in the late first round, BUT if they were, we would have to run the podium and made that selection (I could live with Jeffery/Crab as starters and Williams in the slot in a similar way in which the Giants utilizes Victor Cruz).

I still think we need to get a corner like Jenkins in the first. Then focus on NT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this might be a good year to move back into the early 2nd, maybe try to swap our 3rd for a higher 3rd rounder. this could be a decent 2nd round with some solid talent dropping to the 3rd.

i like dwight jones more than fuller. would be nice to have a red zone target

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this might be a good year to move back into the early 2nd, maybe try to swap our 3rd for a higher 3rd rounder. this could be a decent 2nd round with some solid talent dropping to the 3rd.

i like dwight jones more than fuller. would be nice to have a red zone target

I really like this whole idea. All could be accomplished with our 1st round pick. we trade our 1st for a teams middle 2nd and 3rd. Two 2nds and two 3rds could fill some holes in this pretty deep draft.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the first round right now I'd say it's between WR and CB, but leaning towards WR. A strength of this team is depth so beyond the first down we have the luxury of targeting BPA (or best value available).

This allows us to target impact players like RB (replace Dixon w/ a good back), OLB (impact player to compete with Brooks, or 3rd down PR), G, NG/DE (for the future), S (if Goldson doesn't re-sign), TE (upgrade Walker) or add another QB to the mix.

A lot will depend on who stays and who goes. If we can't re-sign Carlos Rogers (No!!!), CB will easily be our #1 target.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first round right now I'd say it's between WR and CB, but leaning towards WR. A strength of this team is depth so beyond the first down we have the luxury of targeting BPA (or best value available).

This allows us to target impact players like RB (replace Dixon w/ a good back), OLB (impact player to compete with Brooks, or 3rd down PR), G, NG/DE (for the future), S (if Goldson doesn't re-sign), TE (upgrade Walker) or add another QB to the mix.

A lot will depend on who stays and who goes. If we can't re-sign Carlos Rogers (No!!!), CB will easily be our #1 target.

I would keep Walker. I think with him and Davis on the field it creates a lot of good match ups for us. They are both TE's that can run and spread the field. We just don't have the aggressive playcalling that takes advantage of that.

I think would go DB for sure. TJ McDonald would be nice (keep it in the family) or get the best CB available. Then I would go for a guard.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't want to focus on a single position. I'd look CB, WR, OT and OLB in the first round (and obviously QB). Whoever grades out highest is who I would take.

That last sentence seems like I was possessed by deep.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to focus on a single position. I'd look CB, WR, OT and OLB in the first round (and obviously QB). Whoever grades out highest is who I would take.

you forgot to add the "?"

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like this approach. Don't get locked into one position because there are other spots that could use an upgrade if it is available at this time in the draft.