• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the Patriots pick #1 overall?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why G chicken wouldn't have a contract based on how well he played with the new team. Pats have zero leverage unless multiple teams are going after Garapollo.

Word on the street is that there is intrest from Houston, Chicago, Cleveland, & San Fran. That bodes well for New England.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Garoppolo is better than any QB in the draft, he isn't better than the top 20 players in the draft. An early 2nd rounder seems appropriate IMO.

See Stafford for an explanation why it might be a 1st, and possibly more.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, first pick overall for Garrappollo??? No

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, first pick overall for Garrappollo??? No

Probably not, but likely a 1st rounder because of the Stafford trade and the number of teams expressing interest, oh the fact that there are hardly any QBs available in the draft or otherwise.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not, but likely a 1st rounder because of the Stafford trade and the number of teams expressing interest, oh the fact that there are hardly any QBs available in the draft or otherwise.
I think you mean Bradford.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G ain't going to a WCO team unless it's shanny. Cross Denver and KC off the list.
Im not hating or nothing like that. I would just hate to see Jimmy playing for you guys or Denver..
He's really good and worth a first round pick, imho

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm going to give up a 1st rounder, then he better have some skins on teh wall or be cheap for 4 years to see what we have. As is he will be cheap for 1 year and then UFA kicks in and he costs a lot more.
It's always a crap shoot. Ryan Leaf vs Tom Brady. You never know. Luckily there is three teams at least sniffing the possibility that's an advantage for NE. Like we both mentioned. It's a one year prove it deal. At least those teams have seen Jimmy G in a pro offense even though it was only 6 qtrs. So does a team have bigger needs then QB? If so maybe they don't deal a high pick away. But if they feel their biggest need is a QB who can manage a game. Maybe they do make the trade giving up a firts. I really think Cleveland gives up a #12 and whatever else BB can get from them.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland would be a solid spot IMO for Jimmy. Pryor looks legit, OL is workable, Barnidge is there as well, young skill position talent. Hue is pretty flexible so I am not too worried about scheme. Worth noting the Patriots and browns have worked out a trade already. Giving Jimmy to Houston would be foolish for NE.

Pretty eh on San Fran and Chicago; those two just look like they're trying to bail from a QB class that lacks a tier 1 prospect

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good in his brief time filling in for Brady. But this is in the Pats system. You put him in Cleveland they will probably destroy all he has learned.

But with multiple suitors, and a weak QB draft, I still think they hold out for a first. If no one pays, fuck it, keep him.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland would be a solid spot IMO for Jimmy. Pryor looks legit, OL is workable, Barnidge is there as well, young skill position talent. Hue is pretty flexible so I am not too worried about scheme. Worth noting the Patriots and browns have worked out a trade already. Giving Jimmy to Houston would be foolish for NE.

Pretty eh on San Fran and Chicago; those two just look like they're trying to bail from a QB class that lacks a tier 1 prospect
According to the Boston radio guys who were at the Super Bowl, there were multiple reporters from QB-less cities who were talking to Jimmy G. They said he was one of the most popular guys to talk to.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Stafford was traded? Matt Stafford?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Boston radio guys who were at the Super Bowl, there were multiple reporters from QB-less cities who were talking to Jimmy G. They said he was one of the most popular guys to talk to.
Doesn't surprise me. Gives them fodder to write about.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...typo. That Makes more sense. I went to google to see what the heck I missed.
Yeah the only problem with the comparison is that it was right before the season, and a desperation move by Minnesota. They felt they had the pieces to compete and just needed a decent QB. If they are going to trade him, it will be to a team that makes a calculated decision, not a desperate one. So it will yield less of a return.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NE and Cleveland have been good trade partners, add Mike Lombardi to the mix as well as the two picks Cleveland has in the first? I think this deal gets done.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good in his brief time filling in for Brady. But this is in the Pats system. You put him in Cleveland they will probably destroy all he has learned.

But with multiple suitors, and a weak QB draft, I still think they hold out for a first. If no one pays, fuck it, keep him.
Yep keep him and trade him in mid season when a starter inevitably goes down.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didnt Jimmy G come from a weak QB draft?