• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Divisional Round Playoff Games

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills vs. Chiefs
Celebrity pressbox deathmatch Halftime show!

Hailee Steinfeld vs. Taylor Swift.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last pick of the draft vs the 2nd over all, so yeah there is a gap in pay. Why do you feel rookie contracts are messed up?
It generally seems like one of the main keys to building a contender is having a bunch of viable starters on rookie contracts. Everyone is playing by the same rules and guys are getting overpaid in FA so it does tend to balance out.

The last pick of the draft vs 2nd overall does actually seem like a weird fluke. There aren't going to be many Purdys. It reminds me of the BASEketball joke about players making their money in college. Purdy lost a lot of money in college.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wazzup wit the white teeth on some of these commentators, Dam Rex Ryan , I want to be around you when the lights go out!

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, the Niners supposedly great D line hasn't been getting much pressure the last few games
Wilkes needs to scheme it up better rather than this straight forward 4 man rush every single time

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen Kezar Stadium, but I have read about it in old books.
After the Niners moved to the ‘Stick it was still used for live concerts in the mid 70’s to early 80’s….and finally got torn down in the late 80’s to turn it into a public use field and smaller stadium which is there now on the original site.
HS & College soccer & lacrosse games are held there as well as track & field events/races. The SF Parks and Rec Dept maintains and manages it. It’s just across the street from the SE edge of Golden Gate Park near the Haight Ashbury district and UCSF medical center. Very nice spot and area of town.

Last edited:

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people say top 10 QB you're saying he is worth $40+million a year.

More than any other player in sports, he needs to hold out for more money.
Just because one is playing at a top 10 level QB doesn’t mean they are 40 mil a year QBs. You really think the top 10 QBs in the NFL are 40 mil players?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilkes needs to scheme it up better rather than this straight forward 4 man rush every single time
I mean, last year and even earlier this year they were getting much better results and they didn't blitz a lot (except that one blitz at the end of the half that got Minnesota an easy TD and a win). Not saying they don't need to do other stuff but we're up to game 19 next week kind of late for that.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, last year and even earlier this year they were getting much better results and they didn't blitz a lot (except that one blitz at the end of the half that got Minnesota an easy TD and a win). Not saying they don't need to do other stuff but we're up to game 19 next week kind of late for that.
lol that is true. There is no excuse to have damn near the most talented D line in the league getting as little pressure as they have been. Not even a single damn sack. Goff will love if he has that kind of time next week assuming they win today.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol that is true. There is no excuse to have damn near the most talented D line in the league getting as little pressure as they have been. Not even a single damn sack. Goff will love if he has that kind of time next week assuming they win today
Baker will too if they don't. And forget about Lamar, Niners need better play all around to have a shot at them.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker will too if they don't. And forget about Lamar, Niners need better play all around to have a shot at them.
For sure. Our offense needs to get back on track to how we played most of the year and the D had to get pressure or it could be a struggle again. I hope Ravens go down before superbowl but if not we better have it together. Turnover free if we meet up.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Niners moved to the ‘Stick it was still used for live concerts in the mid 70’s to early 80’s….and finally got torn down in the late 80’s to turn it into a public use field and smaller stadium which is there now on the original site.
HS & College soccer & lacrosse games are held there as well as track & field events/races. The SF Parks and Rec Dept maintains and manages it. It’s just across the street from the SE edge of Golden Gate Park near the Haight Ashbury district and UCSF medical center.

I first became a sports fan in 1987 when I was eight. I started devouring every sports book I could find and there was this treasure of a book at Thrift Village. It was a hardcover 50th Anniversary NFL book. It's a shame that I don't know where that book is now. It's probably somewhere in my parents' garage. I remember reading about Kezar Stadium in that book and thinking how that name was much cooler sounding than Candlestick.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because one is playing at a top 10 level QB doesn’t mean they are 40 mil a year QBs. You really think the top 10 QBs in the NFL are 40 mil players?
It sort of does mean that now. And in a few years it will be 50 mil, then 60, etc. Just how sports salaries ratchet up.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I first became a sports fan in 1987 when I was eight. I started devouring every sports book I could find and there was this treasure of a book at Thrift Village. It was a hardcover 50th Anniversary NFL book. It's a shame that I don't know where that book is now. It's probably somewhere in my parents' garage. I remember reading about Kezar Stadium in that book and thinking how that name was much cooler sounding than Candlestick.
Yet now Candlestick sounds like a great name, from back before they were called Reliant Field and Oracle Park and all that shit

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen Kezar Stadium, but I have read about it in old books.
I've lived in the city for decades, been there many times for high school events and stuff. It's wild how small it is (NFL was a lot less popular then), and it's right in a residential neighborhood, like across the street from the Haight Ashbury district. Not a highway, a city street.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am good on the NFC side for the Superbowl now. (Now that the Packers are out)

Niners. I predicted them before the season & even stayed saying them during their 3 game losing streak.
If the Lions. Who isnt happy to see Dan Campbell in a Superbowl (except maybe their division rivals)
& if the crazy thing happens & somehow the Bucs make it. I am a Baker Mayfield fan so I can root for his cinderella season.
I'm a fan of Goff (he went to my college and my son's high school), that plus the Lions history and I'm rooting for them if the Niners get knocked out (by them)

Be fun if the Bills won the SB too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do but thats because NFL GMs do. If they weren't then they'd find another way.

I just think the optics of having a team leader being paid really poorly is just odd. The QB is the main character whether they deserve that or not.