• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Divisional Round Chiefs @ Patriots; Saturday 4:25 ET on CBS

The O/U is currently 42.5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your guess is as good as mine. I'd imagine the expectation is that he'll play but be limited

Id wheel his corpse out there in any condition, just to draw some attention

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the expectation that Maclin will be out?

Even if he does play you can't expect he will be close to 100%. A high ankle sprain is nothing to mess around with. Most guys it takes at least 2-3 weeks of no activity before they can play. So have to question whether letting him play helps or hurts the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for both of these teams this was about the worst match up they could get. They are both very disciplined teams that wait for the other team to make the big mistake and then go for the throat. With the weather playing a factor neither team will most likely pull away from the other.

This might honestly be the toughest game of the week to predict.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he does play you can't expect he will be close to 100%. A high ankle sprain is nothing to mess around with. Most guys it takes at least 2-3 weeks of no activity before they can play. So have to question whether letting him play helps or hurts the team.

Id assume you would actually rather see the Pats win, with the way the Chiefs have matched up with the Broncs this season?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id assume you would actually rather see the Pats win, with the way the Chiefs have matched up with the Broncs this season?

I'm honestly torn. The Chiefs during this stretch of wins has feasted on turnovers so to me if a team can keep from turning the ball over (easier said than done) then I think they stand a very good chance against the Chiefs because they are limited offensively. I mean they are 27th in yards per game yet 9th in scoring. The offensive output depends on the defense setting them up in very good field position. So I feel like the Broncos could keep the Chiefs game close as long as Manning doesn't do what he did the 2nd time playing them.

At the same time the Patriots defense isn't quite as threatening giving our offense a chance to really go out and do some damage. I also think the Broncos now with all their starters back on defense could really contain Brady.

So either one I can see the good and the bad of facing them. I live in Chiefs country so I wouldn't mind seeing them lose just for the fact that their fans then that keep talking Super Bowl have to shut up once again.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers..
Neither team turns the ball over.

I'm going to go Red Zone efficiency. When the Chiefs struggled early on in the year, they had the worst red zone defense in football. Chiefs have also had a couple of games where they just kick a bunch of FGs. Either of those scenarios pop up and New England wins pretty easily.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team turns the ball over.

I'm going to go Red Zone efficiency. When the Chiefs struggled early on in the year, they had the worst red zone defense in football. Chiefs have also had a couple of games where they just kick a bunch of FGs. Either of those scenarios pop up and New England wins pretty easily.

It doesn't have to be many turnovers but a timely turnover could be key here if both offenses are struggling.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 15 years at least one of the teams that made the Super Bowl did not win a playoff game the next year. Seattle has already won so if this trend is to continue looks like New England could be in some trouble.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't have to be many turnovers but a timely turnover could be key here if both offenses are struggling.
Timely turnovers are always key so Id agree to that. A number of Super Bowl runs are predicated on a timely turnover getting a team out of a tight game. Kurt Warner has probably lost 2 rings due to the timely turnover. Maybe 1 for Peyton as well.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timely turnovers are always key so Id agree to that. A number of Super Bowl runs are predicated on a timely turnover getting a team out of a tight game. Kurt Warner has probably lost 2 rings due to the timely turnover. Maybe 1 for Peyton as well.

A KC successfully harassing Brady could create one. If they don't it could be a long night for KC because their offense is so weak. One offensive TD would be possible but it's hard to imagine more without some turnovers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A KC successfully harassing Brady could create one. If they don't it could be a long night for KC because their offense is so weak. One offensive TD would be possible but it's hard to imagine more without some turnovers.

Exactly what I have been saying for weeks. The Chiefs have really feasted on turnovers being what generates points. I think they lead the league in points off turnovers. It is why they can be 27th in the league in yards per game but 9th in points scored. If a team can protect the football they stand a very good chance of beating the Chiefs. Make them have to go the length of the field and watch how much that offense really struggles.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will all boil down to the performance of Pats O-line, and obviously turnovers. If Brady gets protection, Pats will put up points and I can see the Chiefs keeping pace, because they already scored 40+ once against basically the same D.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCs offense is 5.5 yards per play same as Carolina and better than more than half the league. Its probably more accurate to call their offense average and not weak.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......KC got a lucky break last week vs. a Texans team that you knew was ''one-n-done'',.....not taking KC lightly here,...take the pts. [KC +5?],.....might come-down to a late-fg/late-td=by TB...!?,......memba = we were down by 10/14-pts. twice playing the Ravens in same game/last year.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy
img25017957.jpg

and this guy
devinmccourtyjpg1425911564940.jpe

Weren't on the field the last few games.

...just sayin'

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely Advantage Chiefs...This is a team that literally has ZERO receivers on their roster if Maclin is out

Belichick has spent all week making sure Travis Kelce doesnt have 3 catches

No idea how that teams scores
KC will be fine... just hand the ball off to Jamaal Charles.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I have been saying for weeks. The Chiefs have really feasted on turnovers being what generates points. I think they lead the league in points off turnovers. It is why they can be 27th in the league in yards per game but 9th in points scored. If a team can protect the football they stand a very good chance of beating the Chiefs. Make them have to go the length of the field and watch how much that offense really struggles.

Yep. It's a good matchup for KC against the Patriots oline and their best chance imo.

Having a relatively healthy Edelman, Amendola, Gronk and White? will help Brady get the ball out quickly and with more confidence it will be successful. That would mean less throwaways, less pressing by Brady, fewer bombs to receivers because "it's the only throw available" which "should" translate" to less turnovers, moving of the chains and points! :D

Even with Vollmer the online is going to be vulnerable against KC's rush (barring the proverbial miracle) but it will help them a lot if they know they don't have to hold back the pass rush for a longer period.

I think it also helps that they did get torched by KC last season, so that D won't be quite the surprise it was last year.

If the weathers is bad or the Brady/receiver interaction is out of sync it will only help Brady to push and potentially make mistakes.

And enough special team f**kups!

On paper, the Patriots should win but we've said that too many times last month and were wrong. We'll know soon enough.