• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Division winners, Wildcard teams...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC

East.... Pats
North... Pitt
South.. Colts
West... Broncos

Wildcard
Ravens
Buffalo

NFC

East... Cowboys
North... Packers
South... Falcons
West.... Seahawks

Wildcard
Lions
Cards

Not predicting seeds just throwing it out they're ....

Pats depending on their start could struggle a bit if they get in a hole early, AFC East has improved overall, but none of those teams have leaders at the QB spot, LOVE Buffalo's defense though... Pitt and Ravens are still the class in the North, Colts by default because that division is in bad shape overall... Broncos with Manning will own the AFC West, KC and the Chargers are a slight threat, but It's still the Broncos division ... Cowboy's and Eagles should be a dog fight for the division, I give the Cowboy's the edge from experience, Philly has had a lot of changes, so it's yet to see if they find chemistry... Pack are hands down favorites, I think Atlanta wakes up and has a good year, Carolina will be they're though... Seattle should handle the NFC West, Although I won't look past the Cards, who are a solid team...

My opinions wil probably change, I'm just throwing stuff out they're...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a reasonable appraisal.
There are usually some surprises and they would not be surprises if we knew what they were!
Most likely divisions for surprises?
8 of them - you will be surprised......

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds reasonable. For me, the AFC should be fairly predictable. Indy and Denver win their divisions with a decent cushion. Baltimore or Pittsburgh wins the AFCN with the other team being the first seeded wild card team. Then it becomes a question of who wins the AFCE. I think the Patriots are going to have a tough go of it this upcoming season. Miami and Buffalo are much improved on paper and the Patriots have some glaring holes that they didn't have last season. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

In the NFC there are a couple more question marks for me. I think Seattle and Green Bay take their divisions relatively easily. I think the NFCS will be very similar to last year with N.O., Atlanta, and Carolina still being in the chase in December. In the East who knows what could happen. For me there are too many wildcards but when all is said and done, I don't think the eventual NFCE champ will make any noise in the playoffs anyways.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting all the Buffalo love this offseason. It's a passing league, you need a QB and the Bills are probably one of the worst contenders in that regard. Also, without Mathis and a top 5 O-Line, McCoy was < 4 YPC last season (believe it was 3.97). I don't think he'll be nearly effective as most folks do in Buffalo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting all the Buffalo love this offseason. It's a passing league, you need a QB and the Bills are probably one of the worst contenders in that regard. Also, without Mathis and a top 5 O-Line, McCoy was < 4 YPC last season (believe it was 3.97). I don't think he'll be nearly effective as most folks do in Buffalo.

I would say it is more looking at the talent on the defensive side of the ball and seeing maybe the 2nd most talented group in the NFL only behind Seattle now being paired up with one of the better defensive minds in football in Rex Ryan. You are right with this being a QB driven league they will struggle in that regard but with the defense they should be in every game this season unless the offense decides to throw something like 4 picks. Throw in then a pretty good RB group with Fred Jackson and McCoy and this team can play the ground and pound low scoring old school football. I agree though that without the QB I see them more as an 8-8 type team missing the playoffs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds reasonable. For me, the AFC should be fairly predictable. Indy and Denver win their divisions with a decent cushion. Baltimore or Pittsburgh wins the AFCN with the other team being the first seeded wild card team. Then it becomes a question of who wins the AFCE. I think the Patriots are going to have a tough go of it this upcoming season. Miami and Buffalo are much improved on paper and the Patriots have some glaring holes that they didn't have last season. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

In the NFC there are a couple more question marks for me. I think Seattle and Green Bay take their divisions relatively easily. I think the NFCS will be very similar to last year with N.O., Atlanta, and Carolina still being in the chase in December. In the East who knows what could happen. For me there are too many wildcards but when all is said and done, I don't think the eventual NFCE champ will make any noise in the playoffs anyways.
Pats have upgraded on the O. Scott Chandler will have a huge impact. The O line looks like it imporved as well. Time will tell. The front 7 is an upgrade. The only area that may be a hole is DB? That will also be told in time. The upgrade upfront will help tge DBs. Pats put up more points this year thus teams will need to counter with as many points. STs looks like they will also be an upgrade not that it was a weakness. Injuries like all teams is the only thing that keeps them from winning the division. Mia and Buff are improved but still not there yet.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it is more looking at the talent on the defensive side of the ball and seeing maybe the 2nd most talented group in the NFL only behind Seattle now being paired up with one of the better defensive minds in football in Rex Ryan. You are right with this being a QB driven league they will struggle in that regard but with the defense they should be in every game this season unless the offense decides to throw something like 4 picks. Throw in then a pretty good RB group with Fred Jackson and McCoy and this team can play the ground and pound low scoring old school football. I agree though that without the QB I see them more as an 8-8 type team missing the playoffs.

I have them pegged at 7-9 but 8-8 miss playoffs is basically the same thing.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably say the only divisions that are locks are the NFC West, North, and AFC South.

I would also put down the Pats as a strong favorite in the AFC East. Elsewhere there should be a legitimate race.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC
East.... Pats
North... Ravens
South.. Colts
West... Chargers

Wildcard
Chiefs
Pittsburgh

NFC
East... Cowboys
North... Packers
South... Panthers
West.... Seahawks

Wildcard
Vikings
Rams

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC
East.... Miami
North... Ravens
South.. Colts
West... KC

Wildcard
patriots
Pittsburgh

NFC
East... Cowboys
North... Packers
South... Panthers
West.... Seahawks

Wildcard
Giants
Arizona

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC
East.... Phins
North... Stillers
South.. Colts
West... Chiefs

Wildcard
Pats
Bills

NFC
East... Cowboys
North... Packers
South... Saints
West.... Cardinals

Wildcard
Vikings
Seahawks

I took AZ last year too. Stanton going down screwed me.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC Division Winners: Miami, Baltimore, Indianapolis, San Diego Wild cards: New England, Pittsburgh
NFC Division Winners: Dallas, Green Bay, Atlanta, Seattle Wild Cards: Minnesota, Arizona

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a reasonable appraisal.
There are usually some surprises and they would not be surprises if we knew what they were!
Most likely divisions for surprises?
8 of them - you will be surprised......

True, surprise teams do emerge ... Agreed

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very little love for the Eagles

a bit surprised at that

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a bit surprised at that

They are really the wildcard of the NFL this season. Chip Kelly has definitely put his mark on this team and it could really work out well or it could blow up in their face. History has shown though that when a team has such turnover in a single season it usually does not go well first year as so many new moving pieces just takes time. Usually though when this happens it is because a new coaching staff has come in so who knows.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a bit surprised at that

I gave a little love, they definitely have a shot in the division.. With the changes they had in the offseason though it's a little unpredictable on how they'll come out... Bradford hasn't exactly stayed health in his career... Murray only had one really good season with the Cowboy's, so i'm not totally sold that he's an elite guy... Eagles will be interesting ...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC

East.... Pats
North... Pitt
South.. Colts
West... Broncos

Wildcard
Ravens change to KC
Buffalo change to Miami

NFC

East... Cowboys
North... Packers
South... Falcons
West.... Seahawks Change to Zona

Wildcard
Lions change to Seahawks
Cards not sure who I want this one replace with yet, need more thought on it I guess.

Pats depending on their start could struggle a bit if they get in a hole early, AFC East has improved overall, but none of those teams have leaders at the QB spot, LOVE Buffalo's defense though... Pitt and Ravens are still the class in the North, Colts by default because that division is in bad shape overall... Broncos with Manning will own the AFC West, KC and the Chargers are a slight threat, but It's still the Broncos division ... Cowboy's and Eagles should be a dog fight for the division, I give the Cowboy's the edge from experience, Philly has had a lot of changes, so it's yet to see if they find chemistry... Pack are hands down favorites, I think Atlanta wakes up and has a good year, Carolina will be they're though... Seattle should handle the NFC West, Although I won't look past the Cards, who are a solid team...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that didn't post the way I wanted. Oh well, click expand.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC

East.... Pats
North... Pitt
South.. Colts
West... Broncos

Wildcard
Ravens
Buffalo

NFC

East... Cowboys
North... Packers
South... Falcons
West.... Seahawks

Wildcard
Lions
Cards

Like your list boogie. I might go Chiefs over Bills and Eagles over lions, but won't surprise me a bit if it turned out like you predicted.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like your list boogie. I might go Chiefs over Bills and Eagles over lions, but won't surprise me a bit if it turned out like you predicted.

I agree. Even my changes were minor, and mostly built on hunches.