• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

District Court Judge Upholds Trademark Trial And Appeal Board's Ruling Finding REDSKINS Disparaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked an Indian Chief was the leader of the tribe, some some self proclaimed spokesperson like Al Sharpton. And I'm just not ready to announce that all 21 had an agenda, not sure how you can make that claim with certainty.

But like I said I'm not ready to take on the whole board on this issue. :D

And the President is supposed to be the leader for all of us, yet we dont have a unanimous agreement with him. And you arent taking on the entire board. Hell I know Sty is a vocal believer in the changing of the name thing.

As far as the 21 having an agenda, every so called leader has an agenda. Our congressman vote with their own agendas in mind.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some times leaders make decisions and casts votes based on the people they represent, the people who can vote them out of office or out of the Chief position. Crazy notion I know.

So Sty sees it the same way I do. Wow, I may have to seriously reconsider my position. :lol:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some times leaders make decisions and casts votes based on the people they represent, the people who can vote them out of office or out of the Chief position. Crazy notion I know.

So Sty sees it the same way I do. Wow, I may have to seriously reconsider my position. :lol:

Actually I have a rather unique insite on the tribal leader situation. Its much like the British system in that it passes down along blood lines in alot of the cases. So if you were a Chief, your son or some one in your blood line is likely to be the next chief. NA society tends to be seriously a haves and have nots society even more so than the off the reservation world.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) no one is telling anyone how they should feel . what we are saying is your minority viewpoint doesnt mean we have to change our view . the minority does not dictate to the majority unless you have a totalitarian govt .

OR a activist Supreme court !

I'm tired of the PC bullshit of groups of people being offended by view points they think are wrong and then thinking that unless you agree you with their narrow point of view you are racist or intolerable. I have the right to my OPINION the same as you whether you deem it offensive or not. The name is REDSKINS plain and simple it should not be changed, to accommodate the few who are pushing the agenda and are $$$ driven or brainwashed PC wanna be nambe pambe I'm offended and you should not be allowed to think that way because it hurts my feelings. Ya know what grow the hell up deal with the real issues that humanity, this country and the world faces. Make a difference by getting educated and trying to make the world a better place. Show some wisdom and give the silly small PC issues a wide path. This is one of those issues

JMHO

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Vikings on helmets is ok. For centuries they pillaged, murdered and raped. Burned down monasteries. Invaded continents at will. Death toll is in the millions. But, we can celebrate them because they did not invade downtown Phoenix and because enough time has gone by.

The next time they come to play us at our home, our fans should protest.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o7xfs.jpg

Sorry guys, couldnt help it. :)

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this today and thought I would share...

The Federal Government which has "Tomahawk" cruise missiles, and "Apache", "Blackhawk", "Kiowa" and "Lakota" helicopters, and used the code name "Geronimo", in the attack that killed Osama Bin Laden, Officially objects to the name "Washington Redskins". Really?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again none are a physical description of an entire group of people. That is the biggest issue here and it's why the Redskins are under attack much more than the Indians are.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again none are a physical description of an entire group of people. That is the biggest issue here and it's why the Redskins are under attack much more than the Indians are.

Again I will ask you... what ACTUAL skin color are the majority of Native Americans you know?? Most that i know or have met are not in fact Redskin'd.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah the description the indians gave themselves we have had the word history debate already

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I will ask you... what ACTUAL skin color are the majority of Native Americans you know?? Most that i know or have met are not in fact Redskin'd.

I dismissed your point before because it made no sense. Do Asians actually have sloped heads? Of course not. That does not mean it's not a demeaning term.

But yeah, as Dad says this has been beaten to death.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The name is disparaging to Native Americans. I don't want to get into an argument with the entire board, obviously the majority of fans don't want it changed. But I really don't understand how people can not see that it is a slur. Just because many NAs don't want it changed does not mean the huge number that feel offended should be dismissed.

That is all.
Its funny, because I always wondered why native Americans weren't insulted and thought that the name honored them. I think that the organization should sit down with leaders from each tribe and get their input and create a name that does that and then move forward

the USA has turned a huge corner this year where statutes of racists, and people alike are no longer going to be permitted to be honored, so the club is only making life harder for themselves. Its a name, its not a life

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Redskins facemask. Every comment I've had on it has been positive. But, if some court says I shouldn't wear a mask anymore, I will support that decision.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny, because I always wondered why native Americans weren't insulted and thought that the name honored them. I think that the organization should sit down with leaders from each tribe and get their input and create a name that does that and then move forward

the USA has turned a huge corner this year where statutes of racists, and people alike are no longer going to be permitted to be honored, so the club is only making life harder for themselves. Its a name, its not a life
Problem is, it’s not the Indians who are offended, it’s the white liberals

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let’s get away from the politics

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was this thread bumped up anyways ? Now let’s keep the politics of the board . This thread was started when it was allowed but it isn’t now because of issues

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is always offended by someone

Then why make laws that prevent being offensive? I am offended by the word Native-American because it aims to lessen what being an American is. I am offended by the term African-American because it makes it seem like certain people are from Africa...we all originated in Africa but being American is completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.