• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disney+ (Disney Plus, Disney's new streaming service)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the writing/production values/entertainment from the Mandalorian/Wandavision/Falcon+WS, it's a really good start.
If they can maintain that quality, I'll keep watching.

But, as you mentioned, sometimes I just like to find an obscure foreign series on Netflix and hope to be surprised.
More misses than hits, but when it hits, those shows are really good.

Yeah I don't get how there could be so many "foreign" shows/movies that I actually like. The drug cartel ones/movies are pretty decent as well

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though that new movie on Netflix "Thunder Force" was so so so so bad!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't get how there could be so many "foreign" shows/movies that I actually like. The drug cartel ones/movies are pretty decent as well

There's like 100+ episodes of this one.
You would never know it existed.

It wasn't my cup of tea, but they're trying.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's like 100+ episodes of this one.
You would never know it existed.

It wasn't my cup of tea, but they're trying.

Thank you. COuld be something worth watching..

El CHema is ok and the other Pablo Escobar type shows aren't bad... Plus they are like 20+ episodes long

One Other show which the name is escaping me isn't bad (only 8 episodes I believe) is where these 3 (pretty much hookers) go on the run after they thought they killed their "slave owner type" boss

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though that new movie on Netflix "Thunder Force" was so so so so bad!
I haven’t seen it, but looking at the cast (well, McCarthy), I knew it was bad. And the outfits, and the practical fix they showed in the trailer...

I was never even tempted to check this one out.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t seen it, but looking at the cast (well, McCarthy), I knew it was bad. And the outfits, and the practical fix they showed in the trailer...

I was never even tempted to check this one out.

Don't, it's pretty dumb... Even Jason Bateman didn't save it. He was my favorite in it but I am wondering why he chose to accept that role is beyond me

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is the state of my life atm but I feel like Ive seen almost every major Disney movie a few times now. If I have to rank my regular rotation of Disney princess type of movies I'm forced to watch I'd rank them:

1) Tangled.

A fast-paced movie with a decent number of songs and some of the best computer animation. Dialogue is tolerable, lots of scene changes, and a princess that mostly kicks butt. Its a plot of convenient things happening to keep characters running into each other but thats what keeps the pace going so its probably the most rewatchable of the kids movies.

2) Mary Poppins (1964)

The best music in a Disney kids movie. Its dated but in a retro way that is still charming.

3) Lilo and Stitch

Mixes in a Saturday morning cartoon vibe with the Disney vibe so it almost feels more dated than it needs to but it has one of the best cast of characters in any Disney movie and those good family values. Music is decent, too.

4) Frozen

A date movie marketed as a kids movie. Good songs, female leads. The snowman is good character. It works. Not one of Disney's best looking movies, imo, but its most likely one your daughter will want to watch. Probably.

5) The Jungle Book

The music here is of the earworm variety so it does get stuck in your head. Visuals still mostly hold up here. Kind of a boring lead.

6) Winnie the Pooh (1977)

A classic. Maybe drags a bit at the end.

7) Lion King

Great music. Not the best Disney animation. Tone shifts pretty wildly. Still worthy of a regular rotation.

8) Mulan

Strong female lead, earworm music. Colorful. Checks most of the boxes. Just not the best movie ever.

9) Princess and the Frog

Good music and visuals. Gag based comedy which is hit or miss. Characters as a whole are hit or miss and the frogs themselves aren't animated as well as everything else.

10) Beauty and the Beast

Great music, decent visuals. Beast and Gaston are both kinda creepy overall. Its a classic but I can see this being mid tier for the next generation of kids.

11) Moana

One of the best looking movies. Songs get old quickly, imo, and there just isnt enough going on in the movie. Its alright.

12) Aladdin

Mediocre visuals, good songs, Robin Williams.

13) Little Mermaid

Good songs. Plot is kinda cookie cutter compared to the newer movies.

14) Sword in the Stone

All over the place but in a weird way that has its merits as a distraction.

15) Mary Poppins Returns
16) Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Honestly just better off listening to these songs than sitting through the movies.

17) Pocahontas

Its like The Last of Us 2 as a Disney movie. Violence is bad, mkay? Visually stunning, though, and a pair of good songs.

18) Frozen 2

A movie that constantly reminds you about the first movie and does a "ancestors are the villains" plot that is really boring and they rush through the character relationships. The main song has sound effects that will get you sick of the song before you even rewatch it. Honestly can't get through the movie without disliking Elsa and Ana and thinking the boyfriend should find a more stable girl. Its unfortunately still in the regular rotation because its Frozen.