• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dish Networks picks up Longhorn Network

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for all the doom and gloom predictors.

First the Big12 was going to fail - not so much.

Then the LHN was going to be a flop and failure - now every major carrier has it outside of DirectTV.

I can't WAIT to see the next prediction from the haters here!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then the LHN was going to be a flop and failure - now every major carrier has it outside of DirectTV.

But, but according to that John01992 douchebag, the LHN is a massive failure!!!!

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the poor schools that have to share a network with 13 other schools.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dish Network is still in business?

Who in the fuck has dish?

Doesn't everyone have directv if you have a dish?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the link Mamba, next is DirecTV.
I just hope it doesn't cost more than $50/month to get it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, and I bet ESPN forced DISH to take the LHN in order to get the SEC network :boink:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the link Mamba, next is DirecTV.
I just hope it doesn't cost more than $50/month to get it.

Now you are on to something.

I am sure it would come with the standard sports pack which an additional 10-15 dollars a month, but you get all the sports extras. It is worth the extra money. Now that you would have this as a Longhorn fan, it would be money well spent.

Directv gets you with low prices to start, but after a year..., standard packages prices go up.

I have comcast/xfinity so I can have the local comcast sports network that has talkin Ducks and Blazer games along ith a lot of local sports programming. Even my fav radio show that I frequently am a part of.

They read the PAC 12 thread. It's a radio show broadcasted, you always see them on SportsHoopla lurkin PAC thread.

I think I read on twitter sec network is on the same plan as longhorn network of getting on Dtv as we'll.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank goodness I have DirecTV.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait, Dtv has it or doesn't?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying everyone has it but Dtv is like saying the new CFB playoff includes everyone but the power 5 conferences.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is playing on the LHN this year?

I think Kansas might be the only Big XII team that has had a game on the network. ESPN paid them enough, I guess.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DirecTV will pick up the LHN as ESPN is probably saying both or none. Which is what I wrote about a year or two ago.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Direct TV is notorious for taking channel negotiations to the wire they are doing the same with the SEC Network and people are flipping out down here (very stupid reaction this early if you ask me).

For example months ago DTV couldn't come to an agreement with the Weather Channel and they pulled it off their feed and still haven't gotten it worked out. Now lets be honest not carrying the Weather Channel is a whole different issue than not carrying football games.

DISH is being pretty smart they are negotiating the sports packages early and using the time when they have it and DTV doesn't to market that fact and trying to pick up market share. I imagine if someone is shopping for satellite TV in Texas this very well could be the factor they base their decision on so in that respect its pretty smart.

ESPN is the master of the bundle so I'm sure they are putting pressure on all the carriers to take on the LHN because that is what is in their best interest.

I doubt seriously DTV wants to concede the Texas and South satellite TV market so my guess is they will fall on bd also. If not there are going to be widespread cancellations in the south it is already happening by idiots that are too stupid to understand what is really going on.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is playing on the LHN this year?

I think Kansas might be the only Big XII team that has had a game on the network. ESPN paid them enough, I guess.
In 2013, ESPN allowed KU to broadcast the game free over the air in Kansas. I could have watched it, but the Pittsburgh, KA station is iffy from Grand Lake.
In 2012, it was the Iowa State home game. The in-conference LHN game will probably bounce back and forth between those two teams.
The 3 2014 games will probably be North Texas, Iowa State and BYU. BYU will probably be given the right to broadcast it on their network.

Last season there were 3 football games. However, the real appeal is basketball, baseball and the other sports. IIRC every Longhorn baseball home game is on LHN. 11 Men's basketball games were broadcast.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Direct TV is notorious for taking channel negotiations to the wire they are doing the same with the SEC Network and people are flipping out down here (very stupid reaction this early if you ask me).

For example months ago DTV couldn't come to an agreement with the Weather Channel and they pulled it off their feed and still haven't gotten it worked out. Now lets be honest not carrying the Weather Channel is a whole different issue than not carrying football games.

DISH is being pretty smart they are negotiating the sports packages early and using the time when they have it and DTV doesn't to market that fact and trying to pick up market share. I imagine if someone is shopping for satellite TV in Texas this very well could be the factor they base their decision on so in that respect its pretty smart.

ESPN is the master of the bundle so I'm sure they are putting pressure on all the carriers to take on the LHN because that is what is in their best interest.

I doubt seriously DTV wants to concede the Texas and South satellite TV market so my guess is they will fall on bd also. If not there are going to be widespread cancellations in the south it is already happening by idiots that are too stupid to understand what is really going on.

Not so sure they shouldn't flip out. Directv still doesn't carry the PAC-12 Network.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is the best, LSU fans are going to love their 3 or so games a year on the SEC network.