• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dish Networks picks up Longhorn Network

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dropped Xfinity for DTV......those bastards wanted 80 a month JUST for internet. FUCK COMCAST

You did get the part where the LHN doesn't have a deal with DTV right? Might have gone Dish if I were you.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did get the part where the LHN doesn't have a deal with DTV right? Might have gone Dish if I were you.

I'm not going to die without the LHN......there are sports bars. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay that just for an internet connection.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to die without the LHN......there are sports bars. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay that just for an internet connection.

So who are you getting internet through now? That is about what I pay for Fios internet.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please get a network that can give me Sunday Package and the LHN? Too much to ask?

Right now I chose the Sunday Package. Am a Chargers fan and I may only get 2 games a year without it. Plus greatly needed come fantasy football time. Without the LHN I may only miss a couple games per year - but can usually find a way to watch online.

So, its an easy decision but sucks to have to sacrifice one.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who are you getting internet through now? That is about what I pay for Fios internet.

Earthlink. I just moved to Atlanta, and there's no Uverse in this area. Well, they have it, but it's DSL. Comcast is damn near the only game in town, and they are flat out gouging people with these prices. Hell anyone remember when roadrunner was 25 bucks a month???

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earthlink. I just moved to Atlanta, and there's no Uverse in this area. Well, they have it, but it's DSL. Comcast is damn near the only game in town, and they are flat out gouging people with these prices. Hell anyone remember when roadrunner was 25 bucks a month???

Fios is all that is in my town, and they are expensive but I get 5/15 and fiberoptic all the way to the house so I've had no complaints. Had u-verse at my last place and would run into issues when gaming and another device was being used, like my wife on the laptop. But had a slower speed in those days

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fios is all that is in my town, and they are expensive but I get 5/15 and fiberoptic all the way to the house so I've had no complaints. Had u-verse at my last place and would run into issues when gaming and another device was being used, like my wife on the laptop. But had a slower speed in those days

Uverse in Austin had fiber to the last node, but not the house. Yeah it was a bottleneck, but it beat the crap outta everything else I've used...........So far I'm really not liking the fact I had to move here. Comcast has this city on lock.......Clear and Earthlink just moved in, but they don't have comparable speeds or coverage yet, let alone quality pricing. And I doubt Google Fiber ever gets here. I may be screwed.

snakeelix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will LHN be available in New Boston?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will LHN be available in New Boston?
:L
Dish Network is satellite, so unless New Boston is on the moon, yes.

Which New Boston are your referring to, Texas, New Hampshire or points unknown?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is the best, LSU fans are going to love their 3 or so games a year on the SEC network.

THIS ^^^^^ This was the main reason why I wanted the LHN so I could watch more Longhorn baseball games.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please get a network that can give me Sunday Package and the LHN? Too much to ask?

Right now I chose the Sunday Package. Am a Chargers fan and I may only get 2 games a year without it. Plus greatly needed come fantasy football time. Without the LHN I may only miss a couple games per year - but can usually find a way to watch online.

So, its an easy decision but sucks to have to sacrifice one.

Yeah, that sucks. But for those that don't/cant get LHN and are Longhorn fans, you should know that it's really not about the games. Yes, you do want to see a couple games that may not be televised elsewhere, but the really good that is the shows. Longhorn Extra is one example. It shows practices during the week, updates, etc. Also, shows old games that were played against that weeks' opponent, etc.

Plus if you like baseball and basketball, get most of those games. Women's volleyball games. Bunch of stuff.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LHN also replays each weeks games during the next week. So, if it was a good game, like the RRSO this year, you get to enjoy it over and over. :yahoo:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that sucks. But for those that don't/cant get LHN and are Longhorn fans, you should know that it's really not about the games. Yes, you do want to see a couple games that may not be televised elsewhere, but the really good that is the shows. Longhorn Extra is one example. It shows practices during the week, updates, etc. Also, shows old games that were played against that weeks' opponent, etc.

Plus if you like baseball and basketball, get most of those games. Women's volleyball games. Bunch of stuff.

Great. Now it sucks even more.:gaah:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I didn't realize how much I'd miss LHN until I got it. I watch it all the time now.

Or course, if you're not a Texas fan, you'd have no interest in it. But if you are, then it's gold.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LHN also replays each weeks games during the next week. So, if it was a good game, like the RRSO this year, you get to enjoy it over and over. :yahoo:

Did the LHN ever show a replay of the 2013 BYU game? Wasn't the scheduled replay on the LHN changed to a replay of a women's volleyball game?

ynuvy8et.jpg

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd suspect husker fans would watch as much LHN as me.