• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disgraceful Performance Last Night

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A loss to the lowly Wizards where they were dominated on the boards, handed out turnover after turnover and were constantly beaten to loose balls, drops the team to 1 and 3 on the home stand with three losses to weak teams. Absolutely horrendous.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A loss to the lowly Wizards where they were dominated on the boards, handed out turnover after turnover and were constantly beaten to loose balls, drops the team to 1 and 3 on the home stand with three losses to weak teams. Absolutely horrendous.

Pretty much.

The starters have carried this team much of the year and I feel like some fatigue is setting in. Klay's jumpers are looking flat. Steph is turning the ball over more, but much of that is due to him simply having to do everything for this team. Lee was horrendous pretty much in all facets last night. Bogut looks like he's the only fresh one out there and it's because he's been playing lighter minutes than the rest of the starters (mainly missing minutes in the 4th). Jackson has to find a way to mix and match his starters to get the maximum efficiency and rest for everyone.

The one highlight for me is the bench productivity was there last night. This was a game where I would have loved to see the second unit out there for the remainder of the game with the way they were handling their business. Even if we would have come away with a loss, it would have been a huge confidence boost to the second unit as a whole. They put up 29 points with balanced scoring from everyone. HB had his best game in a month+. HB was +8, Green was +9, Speights was +3 and Crawford was +5.

Time will tell going forward, but this team needs to find balance...fast.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much.

The starters have carried this team much of the year and I feel like some fatigue is setting in. Klay's jumpers are looking flat. Steph is turning the ball over more, but much of that is due to him simply having to do everything for this team. Lee was horrendous pretty much in all facets last night.

You can't use this 1 game as a generalization. Curry's assist to turnover ratio has been pretty good of late, he had a terrible game last night when they threw Ariza on him. Jackson should've made the adjustment, but nobody else stepped up. I would like to see Iguodala take a leadership role in games like this. Something tells me he doesn't trust his hamstring yet. Lee has a banged up shoulder, Speights doesn't do anything under the hoop, once JO comes back, he should be able to fill in where we need size, in the paint.

Really the problem that keeps popping up is the lack of focus down the stretch. Curry got his pocket picked by Rubio when he didn't need to force the issue, Klay makes a dumb foul after the fact last night. It doesn't bother me if he fouls being aggressive early, but to bump a guy when there's no play on the ball is just dumb, especially with a foul to give. I'm not sure what it will take to gain a little focus.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't use this 1 game as a generalization. Curry's assist to turnover ratio has been pretty good of late, he had a terrible game last night when they threw Ariza on him. Jackson should've made the adjustment, but nobody else stepped up. I would like to see Iguodala take a leadership role in games like this. Something tells me he doesn't trust his hamstring yet. Lee has a banged up shoulder, Speights doesn't do anything under the hoop, once JO comes back, he should be able to fill in where we need size, in the paint.

Really the problem that keeps popping up is the lack of focus down the stretch. Curry got his pocket picked by Rubio when he didn't need to force the issue, Klay makes a dumb foul after the fact last night. It doesn't bother me if he fouls being aggressive early, but to bump a guy when there's no play on the ball is just dumb, especially with a foul to give. I'm not sure what it will take to gain a little focus.

His Assist to turnover ratio is similar to what it was last year. He's putting up more assists, but turning it over more, which is why I pointed to his high usage rate. Last year he had Jack who was able to run the show and take some of the PG duties away from him. This year he's pretty much being relied upon as the only one. I'm not using a one game sample size but the overall season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much.

The starters have carried this team much of the year and I feel like some fatigue is setting in. Klay's jumpers are looking flat. Steph is turning the ball over more, but much of that is due to him simply having to do everything for this team. Lee was horrendous pretty much in all facets last night. Bogut looks like he's the only fresh one out there and it's because he's been playing lighter minutes than the rest of the starters (mainly missing minutes in the 4th). Jackson has to find a way to mix and match his starters to get the maximum efficiency and rest for everyone.

The one highlight for me is the bench productivity was there last night. This was a game where I would have loved to see the second unit out there for the remainder of the game with the way they were handling their business. Even if we would have come away with a loss, it would have been a huge confidence boost to the second unit as a whole. They put up 29 points with balanced scoring from everyone. HB had his best game in a month+. HB was +8, Green was +9, Speights was +3 and Crawford was +5.

And we are going to need more production out of Iguodala as well. He seems weary.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's in in a nutshell, and its not just the players, Jackson does not prepare them well for end of game situations. You can see by the way they run around all willy nilly with no ball movement that there is no plan in place. Its like they are just hoping something will happen instead of making something happen.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Assist to turnover ratio is similar to what it was last year. He's putting up more assists, but turning it over more, which is why I pointed to his high usage rate. Last year he had Jack who was able to run the show and take some of the PG duties away from him. This year he's pretty much being relied upon as the only one. I'm not using a one game sample size but the overall season.

13th in the league in PER... I'd say he's stepped up his game.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13th in the league in PER... I'd say he's stepped up his game.

I get a sense that you believe I'm "hating" on Steph somehow. I said his turnovers were a result of having to do everything for this team(i.e. understandable). How is that anything other than a compliment? He's the best player by far on the team and he's being asked to shoulder a huge load. That itself comes with having to have the ball more, and thus more turnovers. I didn't say he was terrible. I didn't say he was sucking.

I also said he does NOT have someone like Jack to be able to take over some of his responsibilities. I said fatigue could be affecting his game (again because of his high usage rate).

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, these embarrassing efforts against sub-par competition are becoming all too common, I'm not even surprised when it happens anymore. I'm even starting to expect it. Is there some fatigue? Sure. But come on, something beyond that is going on here.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, these embarrassing efforts against sub-par competition are becoming all too common, I'm not even surprised when it happens anymore. I'm even starting to expect it. Is there some fatigue? Sure. But come on, something beyond that is going on here.

Me too.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a sense that you believe I'm "hating" on Steph somehow. I said his turnovers were a result of having to do everything for this team(i.e. understandable). How is that anything other than a compliment? He's the best player by far on the team and he's being asked to shoulder a huge load. That itself comes with having to have the ball more, and thus more turnovers. I didn't say he was terrible. I didn't say he was sucking.

I also said he does NOT have someone like Jack to be able to take over some of his responsibilities. I said fatigue could be affecting his game (again because of his high usage rate).

Curry's doing all that can be expected. The guy we need to get more production out of is Iguodala. he got outscored by 4 guys from the bench against the Wizards. 5 points from your starting small forward, despite the little things he brings, is not going to get it done.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep and now we are the 7th seed lolol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and now we are the 7th seed lolol

As has been discussed the Ws aren't making the Finals this year, but they do match up well with some of the playoff teams. They could take out almost any team in the West in the first round except San Antonio and maybe even Houston...OKC would be tough too but not like SA. They would beat anyone else I think.

They are probably 1 more year from really contending, probably with more bench help.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry's doing all that can be expected. The guy we need to get more production out of is Iguodala. he got outscored by 4 guys from the bench against the Wizards. 5 points from your starting small forward, despite the little things he brings, is not going to get it done.

I totally agree with you.

Today's been a weird day....

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been discussed the Ws aren't making the Finals this year, but they do match up well with some of the playoff teams. They could take out almost any team in the West in the first round except San Antonio and maybe even Houston...OKC would be tough too but not like SA. They would beat anyone else I think.

They are probably 1 more year from really contending, probably with more bench help.

Long season ahead. Not sure where the Ws will end up in the standings. It would not surprise me to see them finish as the 5th seed. It also wouldn't shock me if they missed the playoffs, given the tough teams presently below them in the standings.

That said, when this team is right, they can knock anyone off. I've accepted the fact that their 1st round matchup might be even tougher than last year's, when they pulled off the upset and almost took out San Antonio as well. But they'd have a chance against even San Antonio (no chance against OKC).

But that damn Washington game...Bench steps up (Speights looked great, Jordon had his moments), great defense...and the team struggles to score all night. I agree with what someone else mentioned; I think DLee is hurt, and Iguadola looks like he isn't 100% either. So when Thompson can't hit most of his wide open shots, it's up to Steph to carry the load. Too much to ask.

No time to panic, but these days the Ws are becoming pretty adept at finding new ways to lose.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Portland is a good matchup IMO. I still think they can make it to the conference finals atleast. I'm still predicting 4-5 seed atleast with a worse 6. I also still think they will go on a another run. Just gotta figure it out

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 2 games in front of Memphis (presently 10th), 3 1/2 in front of Minnesota (11th).
And Memphis has Gasol back and is on a roll, won 9 of their last 10. They're going to steamroll over us soon if we don't get our heads out of our asses with these "easy" games.

Portland is a good matchup IMO.
I would love to see a Warriors-Blazers playoff series, would be tons of fun. And it's not looking that unlikely right now