• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disappointed

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
3 out of the next 4 games are during the day time and they aren't on the weekend. I HATE DAY GAMES, WHAT THE FUCK MLB?

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was the weather in Arlington tonight? Did it rain enough to postpone the game or could it have been played?

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it rained all night..... the game could of been played because it hadn't rained in arlington since the morning i think. They canceled it as a safety precaution i guess

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was the weather in Arlington tonight? Did it rain enough to postpone the game or could it have been played?

Would not have been a problem. Slight misting most of the time, at least up near me.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the fact that the field was in horrible shape... yeah..it could have been played...

Guess I was the only one to see the puddles in the outfield?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, not to mention, they were looking at a repeat scenario of Saturday night. Did they really want to start everyone up and then potentially have them sit around through yet another rain delay? or 2? or 3? or have to "suspend" it till Monday?

Its Texas weather... cant predict it... that said, given what happened Saturday night... I see why they did it. Smart move IMO. Especially since it was a 90% chance of rain........................

Im just tired of seeing the "fans" (not necessarily this post... but "other" places) crying about how it isnt fair to them...and yada yada yada.
MLB is going to do whats in the best interest of the players & themselves first and foremost. The sooner everyone realizes that...the better.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it won't be long before someone blames the loss of odonez on the condition of the field

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, not to mention, they were looking at a repeat scenario of Saturday night. Did they really want to start everyone up and then potentially have them sit around through yet another rain delay? or 2? or 3? or have to "suspend" it till Monday?

Its Texas weather... cant predict it... that said, given what happened Saturday night... I see why they did it. Smart move IMO. Especially since it was a 90% chance of rain........................

Im just tired of seeing the "fans" (not necessarily this post... but "other" places) crying about how it isnt fair to them...and yada yada yada.
MLB is going to do whats in the best interest of the players & themselves first and foremost. The sooner everyone realizes that...the better.

Can't predict Texas weather, so they will cancel a night with slight drizzle that wasn't supposed to have rain and instead push everything back to a day game where there is supposed to be no rain...leaving very little options if the Monday makeup game has to be cancelled or played in rain.

Makes sense. Yes, I realize that it looks much better today, but they were calling for "1/4 inch of rain on Saturday and 10% chance of rain on Sunday". There is 10% chance of rain for Monday now too. When you have conditions that are less than ideal but playable, and you are on a VERY rigid schedule, you don't waste days because "things could be better".

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't predict Texas weather, so they will cancel a night with slight drizzle that wasn't supposed to have rain and instead push everything back to a day game where there is supposed to be no rain...leaving very little options if the Monday makeup game has to be cancelled or played in rain.

Makes sense. Yes, I realize that it looks much better today, but they were calling for "1/4 inch of rain on Saturday and 10% chance of rain on Sunday". There is 10% chance of rain for Monday now too. When you have conditions that are less than ideal but playable, and you are on a VERY rigid schedule, you don't waste days because "things could be better".

it was a 90% chance of rain Sunday night... FYI.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it won't be long before someone blames the loss of odonez on the condition of the field

exactly.

I can see all the people coming out of the woodwork with "WHY WERE THEY PLAYING?!?!?" if Cruz had something happen to a hammy b/c of the conditions...

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's easy to second guess the league since it didn't rain last night, but they weren't going to risk something like what happened on Saturday happening again when they were going up against SNF. It does suck that these games are day games. I will be burning gas money driving to school in Denton because I don't want to totally miss the games while sitting and waiting for the train. Ugh...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does suck, more for Josh than anything. However, is it overcast in Arlington today? That may help Josh compared to if the sun were shining bright. The day game today may not be an issue.

Anyone know if the Tigers have a say in what time of day their home games are scheduled? If so, I have no doubt it was no accident they scheduled 2/3 duiring the day.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a 90% chance of rain Sunday night... FYI.

On Sunday night. On Saturday it was not. Looking at Texas weather at day prior is like throwing a dart at a dartboard.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Norm on the Ticket say that the reason for the early starts on Wed. and Thurs. is that Fox has a contract with that stupid show X Factor so they are on prime time no matter what. The teams have no say only the networks. That really sucks some dumbass show is the reason. All games should just be on TNT and TBS.

It does suck, more for Josh than anything. However, is it overcast in Arlington today? That may help Josh compared to if the sun were shining bright. The day game today may not be an issue.

Anyone know if the Tigers have a say in what time of day their home games are scheduled? If so, I have no doubt it was no accident they scheduled 2/3 duiring the day.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Norm on the Ticket say that the reason for the early starts on Wed. and Thurs. is that Fox has a contract with that stupid show X Factor so they are on prime time no matter what. The teams have no say only the networks. That really sucks some dumbass show is the reason. All games should just be on TNT and TBS.

Blame people, those shows are going to draw more viewers, not the networks fault that more people have interest in crappy shows than MLB, and they are doing what a majority of their viewers want

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
/big middle finger to fox. FUCK....... I looked at the brewers/ cardinals series and they had 2 day games scheduled and one of those day games could be pushed back to 7:05. We just got the short end of the stick for sure.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made a good call to postpone until today

Well we won and Sherzer has one fewer day to rest before he can roll back out there, and so does Dutch :behindsofa: KIDDING, the kid will come around.

On the bright side there is no lag between games. Sucks for the players, but awesome for the fans. three more nights of Ranger ball.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we won and Sherzer has one fewer day to rest before he can roll back out there, and so does Dutch :behindsofa: KIDDING, the kid will come around.

On the bright side there is no lag between games. Sucks for the players, but awesome for the fans. three more nights of Ranger ball.

One night and two days. F U FOX!