• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dirty Yards

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked his burst, shiftiness, and ability to catch. Just way too injury prone.

Burst he's got and that is why there is optimism, but personally I never saw Shiftiness (he's a straight line runner IMO) or ability to catch that impressed me. I know there are PFF rankings out there that say he can pass protect but I never saw that either. We all know the health issue, but I think if he can just get through these holes with a full head of steam he can put up some real good runs for us. He struggled mightily when Oakland went zone blocking because he just went full speed to the line every play, but we are a mix of zone blocking and power run blocking and I think this team will adjust to maximize the individual talents of their players. Like I said, he is probably the one I am more interested in watching of the others, but I'm a little more skeptical than most of you guys. Lord knows I hope I'm in the wrong on this one and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if I am.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl. I remember you mentioned him but can't find the post:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora "wouldn't be shocked" if the Cowboys sign free agent Chris Johnson.

After speaking to NFL executives, La Canfora says he could envision Johnson latching on with running back-needy Dallas "at some point during training camp or the regular season." Turning 30 in September, Johnson has recovered from injuries suffered in an offseason drive-by shooting, and is reportedly being monitored by multiple teams. Johnson's weight dropped to 180 after the incident. He's back into the 200s, recently training at Jay Glazer's gym.
Related: Cowboys

Source: CBS Sports
Jul 17 - 2:47 PM

I wanted no part of it when someone on here (who shall remain nameless) was suggesting trade Murray and give up a prime pick for him last offseason and I wouldn't give him guaranteed dollars, but if he wants to come in for a non-guaranteed contract it just adds to the competition...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ2k ha. He was in that same draft with McFadden and Jones. As far as dirty yards- he won't get too many but he is a HR hitter. That guy hasn't had a stable Qb in yrs. Dont know how much he has left, but I wouldn't be against seeing him come in

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl. I remember you mentioned him but can't find the post:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora "wouldn't be shocked" if the Cowboys sign free agent Chris Johnson.

After speaking to NFL executives, La Canfora says he could envision Johnson latching on with running back-needy Dallas "at some point during training camp or the regular season." Turning 30 in September, Johnson has recovered from injuries suffered in an offseason drive-by shooting, and is reportedly being monitored by multiple teams. Johnson's weight dropped to 180 after the incident. He's back into the 200s, recently training at Jay Glazer's gym.
Related: Cowboys

Source: CBS Sports
Jul 17 - 2:47 PM

I wanted no part of it when someone on here (who shall remain nameless) was suggesting trade Murray and give up a prime pick for him last offseason and I wouldn't give him guaranteed dollars, but if he wants to come in for a non-guaranteed contract it just adds to the competition...
I don't think that was me, but I wouldn't be against giving him a workout.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how he's doing with his rehab or what the success rate after ACL tears is but I still like Knowshon the best of all the backs that are readily available. I'd still wait to see who gets waived and how things look through training camp.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle averaged over 6 yards per carry. Give him the ball in 3rd and short situations.

I really don't think his average per carry last year when not asked to do any of the short yardage or goal line work is a good stat to use to say he should get the ball on 3rd and short.