• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dirt says 'Patriots upgrade at QB'; Sox continue to roll - SALTY!

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was off by a year, it was 2009

4 2 NWE 28 Tom Brady pass complete short right to Kevin Faulk for 1 yard (tackle by Melvin Bullitt)

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just wont happen here

seen this movie before...i get your point, the media, not the player, but read the article i posted

good stuff

I agree a big part of the equation is him not competing for a starting job

They should just start him in the postseason

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was off by a year, it was 2009

4 2 NWE 28 Tom Brady pass complete short right to Kevin Faulk for 1 yard (tackle by Melvin Bullitt)

thats a pass

theyre talking running the ball, QB sneak

hasnt been stopped in 8 years

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike reiss is an idiot

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacman Jones allegedly hit woman

Updated: June 10, 2013, 9:20 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones tweeted Monday that he has been arrested for an incident in which he was "protecting" himself.
According to the police report, Jones was arrested on one count of assault for punching a female patron outside of a downtown bar.
Jones' agent, Peter Schaffer, told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Jones was approached by two intoxicated women who wanted to have their picture taken with the football player last Wednesday. When Jones refused, one of the women threw a beer bottle at him and Jones responded by slapping her.

Jones turned himself in Monday afternoon and was released on his own recognizance. He is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday.
Jones had attended the Cincinnati Reds' game that night with several teammates, according to Schaffer.
"Just got arrested for protecting myself, I will not let this break me or change what I have work so hard for," Jones wrote Monday on Twitter.
Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan told ESPN, "we don't feel it's appropriate to comment on unresolved legal matters."
The team begins a three-day mandatory minicamp Tuesday and Jones is expected to participate.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told ESPN, "we're aware of it and will review the facts at the appropriate time."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

so reiss says something smart and accurate, and hes an idiot lol

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this better dirt?

With Tim Tebow, Patriots show desperation

June, 10, 2013 Jun 10
6:56
PM ET

By James Walker | ESPN.com

The New England Patriots are set to take a step back offensively in 2013. They lost both starting receivers -- Wes Welker and Brandon Lloyd -- from last year’s group that led the NFL in scoring and replaced them with mostly unproven players and rookies.

New England also has huge question marks at tight end. Rob Gronkowski has had five surgeries on his arm and back since last November and may not be fully recovered for Week 1, and fellow tight end Aaron Hernandez also had major shoulder surgery and missed six games last season.

The Patriots signing quarterback Tim Tebow off the scrap heap isn't the answer to New England’s offensive woes. If anything, it shows an unexpected sign of desperation for a New England offense searching for answers.

This is yet another sign that New England’s run of Super Bowl appearances and NFL dominance is coming to an end. Future Hall of Fame quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick have made it to five Super Bowls -- winning three. But it looks more and more like last year may have been the Belichick/Brady-era Patriots’ final shot to win a fourth championship when they lost at home to the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC title game.

To put it bluntly, New England simply is not good enough to win a Super Bowl this year. Last year’s team was better, especially on offense. Brady, who will be 36 in August, is a year older and has less firepower. Adding Tebow to the mix doesn’t fix anything. It simply brings more media and a huge distraction, which is something Belichick usually tries to avoid.

And what exactly is Tebow’s role in New England?

Tebow is certainly not playing quarterback. Brady is clearly the franchise starter in New England, and I would take my chances with the strong arm of Ryan Mallett over the inaccuracy and poor mechanics of Tebow any day. Tebow is the No. 3 quarterback at best.

Would the Patriots really take Brady off the field to insert Tebow in a Wildcat package? Taking an elite quarterback like Brady off the field for any amount of plays is a huge mistake. Opposing defenses would love to see less Brady and more Tebow on a weekly basis. Would the Patriots be silly enough to oblige?

Maybe Tebow can play H-back or on special teams in New England. But that is nothing more than what he did with the New York Jets last year when things went awry. Is all of that worth the extra attention that Tebow brings? The Jets got their answer last year. Now, it's New England's turn to make the same mistake.

I do not see how adding Tebow makes the Patriots a better team. This is a franchise which prides itself on competing for championships. But New England took yet another step backward on Monday.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mike reiss is an idiot for thinking/implying bills answers will stop anything.........Tebow is the most recognizable name in professional sports, by far..........the other guys, were circus' in their own heads........Tebow is far different than any other player new england has had, tebow is different than any other player in the NFL...........Bill can answer the questions in bill way, but he is going to get them, every. single. day. why? because that's what the big wig editor of every sports section wants on their front cover.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in real news, the sox continue to roll

can anyone tell me who has the best record in the AL?

or the 2nd best record in MLB?

Sox blow that game in 2012

Lackey looked terrible, but he was due for a stinker

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow is the ultimate challenge

If Belichick makes this work, it will be among his greatest success stories

Originally Published: June 10, 2013
By Ashley Fox | ESPN.com

Sources: Tebow To Patriots

Damien Woody, Herm Edwards and Trey Wingo discuss the Patriots' decision to sign Tim Tebow and debate whether it was a smart idea for New England to go after him.Tags: NFL Live OT, Tim Tebow, Patriots

NEXT VIDEO
video2.png

Bill Belichick thinks he's smarter than everyone else. Always has. He has the results to prove it. The decade of dominance, the five Super Bowl appearances, all those division titles, the unprecedented success in the free-agency era, Belichick has it all.

He knows how to identify and cultivate talent. He knows how to assemble a team. He knows how to motivate and control and get 53 guys to buy into the singular, unwavering goal of not only winning football games but winning championships.

And now, with the acquisition of Tim Tebow, Belichick can prove once and for all that, yes, he is smarter than everyone else in the National Football League. He can prove that he is smarter than John Elway and John Fox, and he is smarter than Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum.

[+] EnlargeJim Rogash/Getty ImagesBill Belichick and Tim Tebow embrace after the Patriots beat the Broncos in the playoffs in January 2012.

If Belichick makes Tebow into something of a quarterback, if he takes a player with flawed mechanics and faulty footwork and an awkward throwing motion, and actually teaches him the nuances of the passing offense, it will go down as perhaps Belichick's most impressive accomplishment.

Tebow is the project to beat all projects, but if any one man has the clout and the conviction to make it work, it is Bill Belichick.

And this actually could work. If it doesn't, Tebow will have blown his best chance at having the career he maintains he is capable of having, because no one in the NFL believes in him more than Belichick and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. No one.

McDaniels has proved it. When he was the head coach of the Denver Broncos in 2010, McDaniels traded the Broncos' second-, third- and fourth-round draft picks to Baltimore for the opportunity to move back into the first round and select Tebow 25th overall. McDaniels really wanted Tebow, and he knew the only other coach who coveted Tebow as he did was Belichick.

The day before the draft, ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder asked McDaniels how he would feel if someone else drafted Tebow.

"It'd feel like getting hit in the gut," McDaniels said. "And you know what, Tebow will feel the same way."

McDaniels never got the chance to coach Tebow as a starter, but he worked with Tebow each day in practice in the one-plus seasons they were in Denver together. McDaniels would spend 10 minutes of every practice working on one fundamental skill individually with each of his quarterbacks. Footwork, release point, whatever the point of emphasis for the day, McDaniels would drill and drill and drill.

And then the Broncos fired McDaniels 12 games into the 2010 season. When Tebow was enthralling the league with his play in 2011, he was doing it under Fox's guidance. The Broncos played Tebow out of necessity, but they didn't believe in him, either. When Elway won the Peyton Manning derby, Tebow was finished in Denver.

Now, Tebow will be reunited with McDaniels in New England and work directly with McDaniels and Belichick, who will not stand for any of the foolishness that went on with the Jets last season. Belichick won't ask Tebow to be the personal punt protector. He won't ask Tebow to move to fullback.

Belichick also won't tolerate a major distraction. He won't allow a media firestorm to ensue. He won't let Tebow-mania overtake the Patriot Way.
This is Belichick's team. It is also Tom Brady's team. Brady is the leader. He is the franchise. Belichick won't allow this to become all about Tebow. And with Brady, a three-time Super Bowl winner with plenty of life left in his career, Belichick won't have to worry about a quarterback controversy.

There will be no controversy in New England.

There will be an opportunity for Tebow to learn and grow and develop, something he really never had in Denver and definitely didn't have in New York. The three qualities Belichick values most in his football players are toughness, intelligence and versatility, and Tebow has an abundance of all three.

The ultimate question is, can Tebow actually play the quarterback position? Can he get rid of the football quickly on three-step drops? Can he read routes on five-step drops? Can he deliver the deep throws on seven-step drops? To excel in Belichick's offense, Tebow must do all three.

Tebow also must learn to deliver the football on target. He must work on his footwork and learn to make his progressions. And he must do it without becoming a massive distraction to a coach who doesn't tolerate distractions.

Tebow has much to learn and fix. Much of playing the quarterback position is instinctual, and some things can't be taught. Belichick and McDaniels feel that they can teach anybody anything, that with their coaching, they can build football players into what they want them to be. It is a mixture of arrogance and ego and confidence that makes Belichick feel this way, but it is inescapable that he has succeeded in the past.

Can he succeed again and make Tebow into a legitimate starter in two or three seasons, once Brady finally hangs it up? The feeling here is no, that what Tebow lacks can't be taught or fixed. But betting against Belichick can be foolish because he has been right more often than he has been wrong.

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Pedroia play last night?

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the patriots brought in adam jones, you could say "dillion, moss, ocho cinco"

you can't even remotely compare tebow to those guys

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady 30 passing td's......tebow 30 rushing td's

patriots still not in the AFC championship

:evil:

word!

they only get there, on average, every other year

awful!

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is already on record predicting a 24 TD season for "great fit for the Patriots" Tim Tebow.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the patriots brought in adam jones, you could say "dillion, moss, ocho cinco"

you can't even remotely compare tebow to those guys

why not?

the patriots are the one organization that can completely shut down the "circus"

ask wes welker...his take on the pats tight lipped ways. nice read yesterday.