• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Didn't get to see much of the game ...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One final thought on this one. This is one of the first games in a while where I felt like we played with that physicality that you want to see. I don't think we are going to be that finesse team of the last few years especially on the defensive side of the ball. Guys were flying everywhere and I saw the whole don't just trust that one guy is going to make the tackle but everybody hustle to the ball to limit any kind of play.

I would also say even on offense we showed it in that 4th quarter drive that even when things were not clicking most of the day when we had to have a drive the team did it. The run game finally came together and we had one of those eat the clock with the lead type drives that you need to finish off those close games. Yes we left some time on the clock but to me that drive secured it from being the Ravens get 2 chances to march down the field to only getting the one chance.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEN...agreed...play a few more games and we'll have a better idea of just how good they are.

BAL...the DEN front 7 dominated an experience OL...I get that...it's no small task.

With the same playbook, take Owen Daniels, Dennis Pita, and Torrey Smith away from the OFC...insert Perriman (#1 draft pick out gm 1), Maxx Williams (rookie), Marlon Brown...couple that with Forsett now having to prove he's not a 1 yr wonder...I think it's going to take a few weeks for them to be hitting on all cylinders...however many cylinders that might be this year. LY they scored in the top 10 with 409 pts...I'm thinking they will be in the 350 range this yr.

Oh I understand that they have some new moving parts so things will take some time. Again like I said looking at the other side the same should be said of the Broncos for the defense. They were missing 2 starters for this one in Wolfe and Ward. They added a few new pieces to the puzzle in Antonio Smith/Darian Stewart and moved some role players up to starters for this year. So they were not firing on all cylinders either at this point in the season.

Again have to try and temper myself a bit today as haven't been this excited about the defense in years. I was just happy to see the Broncos show that it won't just be the Manning show this year in order for us to win. Last year when Manning got hurt and the offense began to struggle the defense couldn't pick up the slack. This year it looks like the team will find different ways to win depending on the week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I understand that they have some new moving parts so things will take some time. Again like I said looking at the other side the same should be said of the Broncos for the defense. They were missing 2 starters for this one in Wolfe and Ward. They added a few new pieces to the puzzle in Antonio Smith/Darian Stewart and moved some role players up to starters for this year. So they were not firing on all cylinders either at this point in the season.

Again have to try and temper myself a bit today as haven't been this excited about the defense in years. I was just happy to see the Broncos show that it won't just be the Manning show this year in order for us to win. Last year when Manning got hurt and the offense began to struggle the defense couldn't pick up the slack. This year it looks like the team will find different ways to win depending on the week.

Coming off one game...I'm envious!

Considering the Steelers are breaking in a new DC, and a host of new starters/contributors on DEF...I'd love to be in the same position to be honest.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off one game...I'm envious!

Considering the Steelers are breaking in a new DC, and a host of new starters/contributors on DEF...I'd love to be in the same position to be honest.

Yeah I watched that game and just kept shaking my head wondering what the heck are they doing? They looked really lost about half the game. Clean up that communication on the back end and things look much better for that defense. I would say the other thing is missed tackles. That was one thing the Broncos did so well is limit the YAC. I was just reading about Chris Harris yesterday and he allowed 4 out of 5 passes attempted his way to be completed but he limited them to 13 total yards on those 4 completions and none of them going for 1st downs. That game on Thursday is much closer if you cut those missed tackles in half to the point that I think Pittsburgh should have won that game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was amazed at how many yards offense the Steelers rang up on the Patriots.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I watched that game and just kept shaking my head wondering what the heck are they doing? They looked really lost about half the game. Clean up that communication on the back end and things look much better for that defense. I would say the other thing is missed tackles. That was one thing the Broncos did so well is limit the YAC. I was just reading about Chris Harris yesterday and he allowed 4 out of 5 passes attempted his way to be completed but he limited them to 13 total yards on those 4 completions and none of them going for 1st downs. That game on Thursday is much closer if you cut those missed tackles in half to the point that I think Pittsburgh should have won that game.

The front 7 I think is going to be okay...neither of the young DEs, Tuitt or Heyward played particularly well and I'm not too concerned about Timmons who didn't play well either...the back end I'm concerned about, especially SS & FS...for a lot of the game those were vets back there...Mitchell was the FA signing a couple of years at FS...he's making too many mistakes to have started 4 yrs in the league. We shall see, but I think we'll know a lot more about this group after 6 games or so.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front 7 I think is going to be okay...neither of the young DEs, Tuitt or Heyward played particularly well and I'm not too concerned about Timmons who didn't play well either...the back end I'm concerned about, especially SS & FS...for a lot of the game those were vets back there...Mitchell was the FA signing a couple of years at FS...he's making too many mistakes to have started 4 yrs in the league. We shall see, but I think we'll know a lot more about this group after 6 games or so.

Week 1 always seems to be the week for crazy upsets as teams are still trying to figure out communication and what everybody is supposed to be doing. I think Pittsburgh is still a playoff type team because of that offense but that defense definitely will need to step up more over these next few weeks. Can't dig too deep of a hole in a tough division like the AFC North. The Broncos say your're welcome by the way for helping you out a bit on that front.

As for that back 4 yeah I agree they were a hot mess. I don't think I have seen a game where guys were running so wide open. It is why I don't think Brady really had a great game. I think he did fine but he should have lit them up for more with how open some of those guys were. The Patriots just kept running guys to the sideline and nobody would go with them. Thankfully it is early and all those things are correctable. The bad tackling is probably my biggest concern with this team though as that is something that is a little harder to work on with how limited they are with contact during the season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 always seems to be the week for crazy upsets as teams are still trying to figure out communication and what everybody is supposed to be doing. I think Pittsburgh is still a playoff type team because of that offense but that defense definitely will need to step up more over these next few weeks. Can't dig too deep of a hole in a tough division like the AFC North. The Broncos say your're welcome by the way for helping you out a bit on that front.

As for that back 4 yeah I agree they were a hot mess. I don't think I have seen a game where guys were running so wide open. It is why I don't think Brady really had a great game. I think he did fine but he should have lit them up for more with how open some of those guys were. The Patriots just kept running guys to the sideline and nobody would go with them. Thankfully it is early and all those things are correctable. The bad tackling is probably my biggest concern with this team though as that is something that is a little harder to work on with how limited they are with contact during the season.

Considering we still have to play the Broncos...it might not be a favor if you guys beat us too, but I'll take it for what it is today...thanks!

16 Weeks is a long season...winning week 1 is always good, but probably doesn't matter as much as say where you are after 5 or 6 games.

Yeah...I've said week 6 record is my measuring stick...if they're not at least 4-2 at that point the playoffs are going to be had to come by as the final 6 games are brutal.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering we still have to play the Broncos...it might not be a favor if you guys beat us too, but I'll take it for what it is today...thanks!

16 Weeks is a long season...winning week 1 is always good, but probably doesn't matter as much as say where you are after 5 or 6 games.

Yeah...I've said week 6 record is my measuring stick...if they're not at least 4-2 at that point the playoffs are going to be had to come by as the final 6 games are brutal.

The only thing I will say about a week 1 win is this...It definitely makes life just a bit easier. 52% of teams that win week 1 make the playoffs on average. Only 25% of teams that lose week 1 in a given year make the playoffs. So it cuts your chances of the playoffs in half after just one game. Now plenty of teams have done well without winning week 1. Heck the Packers are a team that until this year hadn't won week 1 since 2011 and they have done just fine. You are right though week 6 is where we really start seeing some separation and really start seeing who the true competitors are.

Just looking at your schedule the Steelers definitely do not have an easy road to the playoffs. Almost every week looks like a tough out. Thankfully the rest of your division has some pretty tough ones as well facing the AFC West and NFC West. They are definitely two of the better divisions in football. The AFC West went 3-1 this week while the NFC West is 2-1 with the one loss coming against a fellow divisional opponent. Have to see what San Fran has tonight.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I will say about a week 1 win is this...It definitely makes life just a bit easier. 52% of teams that win week 1 make the playoffs on average. Only 25% of teams that lose week 1 in a given year make the playoffs. So it cuts your chances of the playoffs in half after just one game. Now plenty of teams have done well without winning week 1. Heck the Packers are a team that until this year hadn't won week 1 since 2011 and they have done just fine. You are right though week 6 is where we really start seeing some separation and really start seeing who the true competitors are.

Just looking at your schedule the Steelers definitely do not have an easy road to the playoffs. Almost every week looks like a tough out. Thankfully the rest of your division has some pretty tough ones as well facing the AFC West and NFC West. They are definitely two of the better divisions in football. The AFC West went 3-1 this week while the NFC West is 2-1 with the one loss coming against a fellow divisional opponent. Have to see what San Fran has tonight.

Schedule...yep...the weakest team will probably be OAK and CLE...they got spanked in NY which surprised me a little...I thought the DEF would show much better than they did. My projection for the DIV winner is 10 gms...would not be surprised if 9-7 wins it if we all split in DIV.