• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did you know

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you want a pissing contest?

I thought you were better than that!

1. I started off by saying what "People outside of the SEC see".
But...as you JUST PROVED, you too believe it. -1 point for hiding behind other women's skirts.

2. UF has played 1 more than FSU. UF had played 10(Including a LOSS!). FSU had played 9.
NO you really should learn to count. UF has played 9 just like FSU. -1 point for not being able to count.

3. You trying to use the luxury of your SEC schedule to prop up your OOC schedule. It does not work that way. The fact is that besides FSU every year and Miami (whenever UF doesn't puss out) UF plays nobody out of state period.
-1 point for using the Boise State excuse "we only need to count OOC because FSU is in a weak conference".

4. In the BCS era FSU has played Home and Home with ND, OU, BYU. Who has UF played OOC against outside the state of FL? Nobody.
-1 point for playing the name game.
In away OOC games FSU has played Miami 3 times (before they joined the ACC in 2003) and all 3 times Miami was ranked, FSU has played UF 8 times and UF was ranked 6 times, all in the State of Florida.

In games out of the State of Florida, FSU has played BYU ONCE and BYU was ranked #12, FSU has played OU ONCE and OU was ranked #6, AND FSU has played these UNRANKED teams: South Florida (3-9), ND (5-7), Colorado (6-7), Syracuse (6-6), and Louisville (7-6). That's it of OOC away games.

FSU did play ranked Texas A&M at a neutral site in 1998.

5. Yes I called their OOC schedule Bullshit because when you look at other SEC tams scheduling games out of their state it begs the question. Why doesn't UF do this?
Talk about BULLSHIT, how many IN STATE NON_CONFERENCE BCS teams are there in Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, or Mississippi? Now you are just grasping for straws. How pathetic!

6. Perception is reality. To many people UF plays nobody OOC except FSU and all of their games are either AT UF or at FSU. Not a really difficult thing to understand.
OK, so what is the point? People can read a schedule? I'll concede that fact.

7. But another fact is that among BCS teams (excluding independents because ALL games are OOC) , UF is #8 in the number of OOC ranked opponents played (UF has played 15) in the regular season (FSU is #1). That means there are 64 BCS (I guess that would be 56 if you remove the AAC) teams that have played FEWER ranked opponents OOC than UF. (Why don't you throw stones at them???) That includes the ENTIRE Big 10, the ENTIRE Big 12, and 10 of the PAC12 teams. I will repeat myself. UF has played 59 ranked teams IN_CONFERENCE which is more than ANYONE else has played EXCEPT Auburn (who has played 65). In all non-bowl games UF is #1 with 74 ranked opponents (FSU is #15 with 57).

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere did I belittle the SEC schedule. Just do not try and use it as a crutch is all I said.

And I am speaking only of OOC. Which at least you acknowledged. Thank you for that.

These particular two people cannot stand when a act goes against the Gators.

I will gladly let you call FSU a clown college or girl school. I will use a correct one though.

bcs-14-slide-jimbo.jpg

State Champs and National Champs.

In regard to your shot at the ACC. I am not a conference homer. The ACC is not the conference I would like FSU to be in, but it is where they are at. Can only work with what they have.

I believe that the 90's would be very similar in SOS for both FSU and UF. FSU played more ranked teams than many people thought during that decade. I think we went over this at Disney a couple of times an it surprised you how many ranked teams FSU played. Too lazy to look this stuff up because in the nd I really does not matter. The thread was about OOC and you have admitted that which is outstanding. That is why you and another person on here are my favorite Gator fans(if possible). At least ou admit things instead of turning the thread into shit.
:suds:

You and I usually see eye to eye, so I appreciate those comments. I just get a little tired of folks jumping on UF’s OCC schedule and trying to infer that somehow we play an overall weak schedule. I know you didn’t claim that in your post, so no rustled jimmies over that. The SEC is and has been a much much stronger football conference than the ACC, so trying to knock our SEC schedule is weak sauce by anyone who would try to do so. I would like my team to play at least one away OCC game every year with a tough opponent. But just because we don’t do that, it’s not cause for other programs to try to throw stones. Put it this way, if you play football in the weak ass B1G and your team happens to rhyme with blowhiostate, your whole damned schedule is a joke so it would be very easy to decide to schedule a tough game or two on the road because quite frankly there’s only one team from the B1G that can beat you. That’s all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know that, but that's mostly because it's not true. Florida has played in 9 non-conference games that weren't in Florida since 92.

Non-Conference Out of Florida 92-13

:L :L :L

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you want a pissing contest?

I thought you were better than that!

But...as you JUST PROVED, you too believe it. -1 point for hiding behind other women's skirts.

Is m team in the SEC? Nope, but you still have not addressed what te actual thread is about. UF not playing a single OOC game OUTSIDE the state of FL. All you have done is try to make excuses as to why they haven't. Instead of saying yep they have not and that is sad. Kind of like Swamp did. -1000 for no even discussing the actual thread.

NO you really should learn to count. UF has played 9 just like FSU. -1 point for not being able to count.

UF 2 in 1998, 1 in 2003, 1 in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009, 1 in 2010, 1 in 2011, 1 in 2013 =10.
FSU 1 in2005, 2 in 2008, 1 in 2009, 1 in 2010, 1 in 2011, 2 in 2012(1 was a replacement for WVU), 1 in 2013=9.
-1000 for not even knowing how many UF has played in the BCS era.

-1 point for using the Boise State excuse "we only need to count OOC because FSU is in a weak conference".

-1MILLION for not even knowing that FSU did the anyone anytime when they were an INDEPENDENT. Lear some FSU history.

-1 point for playing the name game.
In away OOC games FSU has played Miami 3 times (before they joined the ACC in 2003) and all 3 times Miami was ranked, FSU has played UF 8 times and UF was ranked 6 times, all in the State of Florida.

-1000 for not knowing when Miami joined the ACC. It was in 2005 not 2003.

In games out of the State of Florida, FSU has played BYU ONCE and BYU was ranked #12, FSU has played OU ONCE and OU was ranked #6, AND FSU has played these UNRANKED teams: South Florida (3-9), ND (5-7), Colorado (6-7), Syracuse (6-6), and Louisville (7-6). That's it of OOC away games.

BYU was rankd 9th when they played FSU at BYU. Again incorrect stats. And yes they also played those teams too. Never denied o said FSU's schedule overall was better. Said at LEAST they would travel out of state for an OOC game. It could be Norfolk State for all I care. Just leave the damn state for once.

FSU did play ranked Texas A&M at a neutral site in 1998.

Talk about BULLSHIT, how many IN STATE NON_CONFERENCE BCS teams are there in Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, or Mississippi? Now you are just grasping for straws. How pathetic!

OK, so what is the point? People can read a schedule? I'll concede that fact.

7. But another fact is that among BCS teams (excluding independents because ALL games are OOC) , UF is #8 in the number of OOC ranked opponents played (UF has played 15) in the regular season (FSU is #1). That means there are 64 BCS (I guess that would be 56 if you remove the AAC) teams that have played FEWER ranked opponents OOC than UF. (Why don't you throw stones at them???) That includes the ENTIRE Big 10, the ENTIRE Big 12, and 10 of the PAC12 teams. I will repeat myself. UF has played 59 ranked teams IN_CONFERENCE which is more than ANYONE else has played EXCEPT Auburn (who has played 65). In all non-bowl games UF is #1 with 74 ranked opponents (FSU is #15 with 57).

Still missing the entire point. Of your OOC games FSU is it except when UF decides to play Miami. No reason to throw stones at teams who HAVE traveled out of their respective states for an OOC game. Even if against an unranked team. Have a home and home with someone other than FSU and SEC teams.

I see you are not getting the entire point of this thread. The point is that UF has not left the state of FL for an OOC game. No matter where, who, or what rank since 1991. Do you not think that is sad for the team and fans? If you go to away games think of what you are missing in traveling to say Oregon, Wyoming, Boise State, Rice, Norfolk State, Dartmouth, or whoever.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pounding of Ohio States has never been a problem.....Troll

I was just contributing to this very honest thread. Congrats on that one win, how did 2013 end up?

1 OOC win--Toledo and that included Georgia Southern in that OOC. Hey it's all good though you beat the best 3 teams in the SEC: Tennessee, UK, and Arky. :yahoo:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still missing the entire point. Of your OOC games FSU is it except when UF decides to play Miami. No reason to throw stones at teams who HAVE traveled out of their respective states for an OOC game. Even if against an unranked team. Have a home and home with someone other than FSU and SEC teams.

I see you are not getting the entire point of this thread. The point is that UF has not left the state of FL for an OOC game. No matter where, who, or what rank since 1991. Do you not think that is sad for the team and fans? If you go to away games think of what you are missing in traveling to say Oregon, Wyoming, Boise State, Rice, Norfolk State, Dartmouth, or whoever.

All that matters is the total SoS. Why should Florida or any school give a crap about this?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that matters is the total SoS. Why should Florida or any school give a crap about this?

Your fellow Bama fans seem to grasp it. Also a UF fan. Why wouldn't you want to go see another stadium, atmosphere, and such? That is the whole point to it. It does not allow UF fans the opportunity to travel other than TN, SC, MS, LA, and around FL. Most fans would love to see their teams travel to different places so they too could do so. I am looking forward to the Boise State game in Idaho. Plan on going not because it is a big time program or will help the SOS. Because I have never been there and it will be a lot of fun to go.

In my opinion if all a fan worries about is strength of schedule then they are missing he entire point of CFB.

Normally I agree with 95% of what you post, but on this one we are on complete opposites of the spectrum. But to each their own. I just think people are missing out on some very cool things.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just contributing to this very honest thread. Congrats on that one win, how did 2013 end up?

1 OOC win--Toledo and that included Georgia Southern in that OOC. Hey it's all good though you beat the best 3 teams in the SEC: Tennessee, UK, and Arky. :yahoo:

Well technically we’ve beat you guise twice in a row, but who’s counting.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your fellow Bama fans seem to grasp it. Also a UF fan. Why wouldn't you want to go see another stadium, atmosphere, and such? That is the whole point to it. It does not allow UF fans the opportunity to travel other than TN, SC, MS, LA, and around FL. Most fans would love to see their teams travel to different places so they too could do so. I am looking forward to the Boise State game in Idaho. Plan on going not because it is a big time program or will help the SOS. Because I have never been there and it will be a lot of fun to go.

In my opinion if all a fan worries about is strength of schedule then they are missing he entire point of CFB.

Normally I agree with 95% of what you post, but on this one we are on complete opposites of the spectrum. But to each their own. I just think people are missing out on some very cool things.

Somehow, I seriously doubt you give a shit about the experience of Florida fans in seeing other stadiums and so on. As such, I can't take what you've said seriously, nor do I believe that is at all what this thread is about.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well technically we’ve beat you guise twice in a row, but who’s counting.

The guy is a Troll...anything anti Florida...he's all over it. That's fine, IMO, us Gators know we have a much better sports program than Ohio State. Their basketball team just lost to Penn State, and a bunch other teams..how pathetic is that?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow, I seriously doubt you give a shit about the experience of Florida fans in seeing other stadiums and so on. As such, I can't take what you've said seriously, nor do I believe that is at all what this thread is about.

I wish all fans of every team can experience going to other places for games, but hey thanks for assuming you know me. I have quite a few friends who are Gator fans. If you believe the thread is not about OOC games then what the hell else could it be about? This has been a bust on UF since 1991. If you do not like it that it fine, but it is a fact of life in the CFB. Until 2017 when hey play Michigan in Jerry World. Please tell me or anyone else where the non-factual point is about UF not leaving the state of FL for an OOC game. I will gladly listen.

I guess I am a little confused as why you cannot understand why this can be a bust on a team. I guess you worry more about SOS than interesting games and places. That is fine, but I prefer to see teams like UF, Bama, FSU, ND, USC, Oregon, tOSU, OU, Texas, and so on play these OOC games.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a Troll...anything anti Florida...he's all over it. That's fine, IMO, us Gators know we have a much better sports program than Ohio State. Their basketball team just lost to Penn State, and a bunch other teams..how pathetic is that?

:L

Shaneman's not a troll. He's one of the better OSU posters.

He may dislike Florida, but he's no troll.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish all fans of every team can experience going to other places for games, but hey thanks for assuming you know me. I have quite a few friends who are Gator fans. If you believe the thread is not about OOC games then what the hell else could it be about? This has been a bust on UF since 1991. If you do not like it that it fine, but it is a fact of life in the CFB. Until 2017 when hey play Michigan in Jerry World. Please tell me or anyone else where the non-factual point is about UF not leaving the state of FL for an OOC game. I will gladly listen.

I guess I am a little confused as why you cannot understand why this can be a bust on a team. I guess you worry more about SOS than interesting games and places. That is fine, but I prefer to see teams like UF, Bama, FSU, ND, USC, Oregon, tOSU, OU, Texas, and so on play these OOC games.

Sorry, I just don't believe this thread has anything to do with fan experience. It has everything with throwing stones at Florida. As it does every single time this topic comes up, which is about once every 3 months it seems.

Just because something may be factual doesn't mean it has much meaning.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I just don't believe this thread has anything to do with fan experience. It has everything with throwing stones at Florida. As it does every single time this topic comes up, which is about once every 3 months it seems.

Just because something may be factual doesn't mean it has much meaning.

Who said anything about the thread being about fan experience? I said that my opinion is that the fans should get to experience these things.

Also if the OP wants to throw stones at UF for an actual fact then so be it. Even if in your opinion it does not have much meaning. To others it is a glaring sore eye on a good program. Let it go at that.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about the thread being about fan experience? I said that my opinion is that the fans should get to experience these things.

Also if the OP wants to throw stones at UF for an actual fact then so be it. Even if in your opinion it does not have much meaning. To others it is a glaring sore eye on a good program. Let it go at that.

Sure because going out of your way on the internet to hate on people is so uplifting.

While I sure don't like Florida, this sort of bashing is mindless. Since 1992, Florida in the top 10 in number of top 5 opponents played in the regular season on the road. You guys act like their schedule would have been so much tougher if they crossed the border and played Troy instead. It's nonsense.

I feel the same way about people claiming Florida State played a weak schedule in the 90s because they played in the ACC. They want you to think that he fact that the overall schedule was killer is supposedly negated because they played in one of the weaker major conferences. It's nonsense and pointless. Nice that you approve of such stuff.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere did I belittle the SEC schedule. Just do not try and use it as a crutch is all I said. And I am speaking only of OOC. Which at least you acknowledged. Thank you for that.
So why do you use 3 games as a club for bashing Florida?? Why not look at all 12 games? Could it be that you couldn't bash UF if you did? Please explain to me why UF should make their schedule any HARDER when they already play one of the toughest (if not the toughest) schedules?

You want UF to play those OUT OF STATE GAMES so I'll just ask a rhetorical question. (I am NOT in favor of this. It is just a question!)
What if UF were to drop FSU? That way UF would have a game available to play those OUT OF STATE GAMES you want so badly. A fact that you might want to consider however, is that since 1990 UF has played 109 AP ranked opponents in the regular season including 21 games vs FSU. This 109 games is #1 in the NCAA. IF UF had dropped FSU in 1989 then UF would have played only 88 AP ranked opponents. Those 88 ranked opponents would drop UF down to 11th place BUT would still be ONE more than #12 FSU actually played over that span INCLUDING 19 games vs ranked Florida teams. Dropping UF from FSU schedule would move FSU down to 68 ranked opponents, good enough for #58. The point is FSU NEEDS UF MORE than UF needs FSU. Be careful of what you wish for.

These particular two people cannot stand when a act goes against the Gators.
Why is it so hard for people to understand that Boxedlunch IS NOT A UF FAN. He is merely trying to set the record straight. But to some, if anyone posts something that supports UF that means he MUST be a UF fan.

I will gladly let you call FSU a clown college or girl school.
To my knowledge, I have never referred to FSU as "a clown college" or "girl school" and I have no intentions of starting now.

In regard to your shot at the ACC. I am not a conference homer. The ACC is not the conference I would like FSU to be in, but it is where they are at. Can only work with what they have.
I don't mean to split hairs but, as I recall. FSU chose the ACC and not the SEC.

I believe that the 90's would be very similar in SOS for both FSU and UF. FSU played more ranked teams than many people thought during that decade. I think we went over this at Disney a couple of times an it surprised you how many ranked teams FSU played. Too lazy to look this stuff up because in the nd I really does not matter. The thread was about OOC and you have admitted that which is outstanding. That is why you and another person on here are my favorite Gator fans(if possible). At least ou admit things instead of turning the thread into shit.
:suds:
I have never had a problem with FSU's schedule. Especially when Bowden was there. From 1980 to 2009 Bowden played at least 3 ranked teams in the regular season every year except 2004 when he played only 2. In 24 of these 30 seasons FSU played 4 or more ranked teams (5 times FSU played 6 in one season). Under Jimbo, FSU played 4 his first year and only 2 in each of 2011, 2012, and 2013. Yes, the fact that both Miami and UF are down has contributed to the reduction but that is a BIG drop off.

By the way, what is "at Disney" all about? I seem to be missing something?

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why do you use 3 games as a club for bashing Florida?? Why not look at all 12 games? Could it be that you couldn't bash UF if you did? Please explain to me why UF should make their schedule any HARDER when they already play one of the toughest (if not the toughest) schedules?

You want UF to play those OUT OF STATE GAMES so I'll just ask a rhetorical question. (I am NOT in favor of this. It is just a question!)
What if UF were to drop FSU? That way UF would have a game available to play those OUT OF STATE GAMES you want so badly. A fact that you might want to consider however, is that since 1990 UF has played 109 AP ranked opponents in the regular season including 21 games vs FSU. This 109 games is #1 in the NCAA. IF UF had dropped FSU in 1989 then UF would have played only 88 AP ranked opponents. Those 88 ranked opponents would drop UF down to 11th place BUT would still be ONE more than #12 FSU actually played over that span INCLUDING 19 games vs ranked Florida teams. Dropping UF from FSU schedule would move FSU down to 68 ranked opponents, good enough for #58. The point is FSU NEEDS UF MORE than UF needs FSU. Be careful of what you wish for.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that Boxedlunch IS NOT A UF FAN. He is merely trying to set the record straight. But to some, if anyone posts something that supports UF that means he MUST be a UF fan.

To my knowledge, I have never referred to FSU as "a clown college" or "girl school" and I have no intentions of starting now.

I don't mean to split hairs but, as I recall. FSU chose the ACC and not the SEC.

I have never had a problem with FSU's schedule. Especially when Bowden was there. From 1980 to 2009 Bowden played at least 3 ranked teams in the regular season every year except 2004 when he played only 2. In 24 of these 30 seasons FSU played 4 or more ranked teams (5 times FSU played 6 in one season). Under Jimbo, FSU played 4 his first year and only 2 in each of 2011, 2012, and 2013. Yes, the fact that both Miami and UF are down has contributed to the reduction but that is a BIG drop off.

By the way, what is "at Disney" all about? I seem to be missing something?

There was a fruit name gator over on ESPN boards. I think he's confusing him for you. Bad assumptions seem to be his middle name.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UF can't even beat FCS schools at the Swamp, and ya'll want them to leave the state to play OOC opponents? Baby steps......