• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did You Expect This?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The raise for Gilmore is money well spent. It might help him get his game back. He's taken a beating through weeks 1 & 2.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I’ve seen this season, same as it ever was. A Defense that can win or lose a game. The Pats D can be gritty in the trenches, but they concede huge plays. We’ve seen this before.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I’ve seen this season, same as it ever was. A Defense that can win or lose a game. The Pats D can be gritty in the trenches, but they concede huge plays. We’ve seen this before.
Last week it was more of a bad defensive scheme I think? At least I hope? They didn't collapse the pocket or put much pressure on Wilson which ended up biting them in the ass. But as soon as you give up containment RW burns you. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't?

Should see more of what we saw week one against Carr?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week it was more of a bad defensive scheme I think? At least I hope? They didn't collapse the pocket or put much pressure on Wilson which ended up biting them in the ass. But as soon as you give up containment RW burns you. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't?

Should see more of what we saw week one against Carr?
It’s giving up the big plays that bother most. For example, 3rd and 25 and you know they are going to burn the Pats for 30 or a DPI. Same old story.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s giving up the big plays that bother most. For example, 3rd and 25 and you know they are going to burn the Pats for 30 or a DPI. Same old story.
Got to get pressure on those QBs. I'm with you watched them getting burned for years (see Butler's tape) may as well sell the farm and blitz. But I think the DBs are some of the best we've had in a long time. They'll be fine once the front 7 get going. LBs are doing their job they just need more blitz opportunities. NE is a little light in the ass on the Dline that's not helping. has always been a strong suit.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill refuses to send the house. If you watch carefully, BB might send a 5th pass rusher but would rather have four after the QB and more defense against against the receivers. The problem is that he refuses to use a 'spy'. Rush four and have one DB, not a LB or DL, shadow the QB and trend toward the side that the QB is drifting if he's moved out of the pocket.

IF BB would really change up and play a strict man to man on the receivers he could send six or seven guys after the QB. With that kind of rush, the QB can't just take off because he's in the pocket so more than like he just heaves the ball toward the sideline.

Bill has made his bones on not rushing the QB and leaving the pasture open. He's been very successful, but once, just once on a third and 22 I'd like to see him snap the chain and not just jerk it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were both top 10

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see why the defense might not be in the Top 10. Gilmore is getting his ass beat!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see why the defense might not be in the Top 10. Gilmore is getting his ass beat!
It's something I am not worried about at this time. I think total team D is 11th? Not like we haven't been there before, I trust the Gilomore will be fine.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's something I am not worried about at this time. I think total team D is 11th? Not like we haven't been there before, I trust the Gilomore will be fine.

I'm not worried about the defense not being Top 10. I am getting a little concerned about Gilmore. He should be fine though

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect we/ll do better. The position is ckewed by one bad game in small sample size.
Reason I posted isvery simple. I expected the defense to be top 5 and offense not so much.
At the moment we are the top rushing team and not playing our best defense.

Better get that defense on trtack for KC.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like everyone else, I'm pretty much stuck in my house 24 hours a day. The thing that gets me through each day is my writing. I've had people in here shit all over my published work but have never read a single word. That's okay, at least I wrote them and had them published. Right now I'm 53 chapters, over 250 pages and 90,000 written words in my sixth novel. I spend about two or three hours a day researching restaurants, hotels, streets, cities and other factual information to make what I write believable to whomever spends $20 to read my work. I also try to research anything that I hear from people who are in touch with people in the Pats organization or reporters that cover the team. I always attempt to give the source of anything.......................................that being said:

More and more it seems that some people in here do nothing but bitch. Even when something is going right, they find something to complain about. Which brings me to something I heard last night. 52% of Patriot fans believe that the Patriots would be much better if Tom Brady was still here. Then the question was asked, With all of the injuries and illness problems that the Patriots have had to deal with, do you think that they would have a better record with Brady? 54% said no. The commentator then made an excellent point: People actually believe that one player can make a huge difference except when that player doesn't have all of the pieces to make it work. As the Patriots enter in Week 7 of the season with a 2-3 record, 60% of the fans want Belichick to make a trade. The majority want a WR or TE. Nick Caserio was approached yesterday because he just signed a new contract with the Patriots that does not allow the Patriots to interfere if he decides to take a better position elsewhere. When asked about making trades Caserio made a very bold statement. "Fans want a trade that they think will make the team better. Those of us that have to make a trade must ask a difficult question. Is the player that we trade for, going to make a difference big enough to put the team in the Super Bowl?" We risked a second round pick in 2019 for Mohamed Sanu hoping that he would put us over the top and it never happened because of an ankle injury. Then in April we had no second round pick and the top eleven players on our draft board were taken before we had an opportunity to make a pick. We took a risk and lost twice. We cannot just grab a player at the end of his contract and hope that he will do well and stay in New England AND give up a potential future player by trading a draft pick."

Basically, I think Caserio was telling everyone that the Patriots are not going to be "Buyers" but might be "Sellers" before the trade deadline hits.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Caserio is an idiot. If they felt Sanu was going to be the difference maker to put this team over the top and into a SuperBowl. Sanu has NEVER been a difference maker. It was a horrible trade from day one.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure where to even start on how to fix this team.... Going back to the end of last year and the start of this year, the Patriots are 4-7 in their last 11 games. That’s Jets/Dolphins brand of football right there. Besides of couple O-Lineman, who do we have on offense that’s even really good? Maybe Damien Harris??? Edelman isn’t what he was. No WR’s. No TE’s. A group of average RB’s. QB’s.... no. Sorry to be a “Debbie Downer”, but I hope the Patriots have a plan in place for next years team.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure where to even start on how to fix this team.... Going back to the end of last year and the start of this year, the Patriots are 4-7 in their last 11 games. That’s Jets/Dolphins brand of football right there. Besides of couple O-Lineman, who do we have on offense that’s even really good? Maybe Damien Harris??? Edelman isn’t what he was. No WR’s. No TE’s. A group of average RB’s. QB’s.... no. Sorry to be a “Debbie Downer”, but I hope the Patriots have a plan in place for next years team.
In BB we trust?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who were not around prior to 2000, you have little or no idea what fans suffered through for the fist forty years.
We were screwed by a corrupt official in 1976 and he admitted it after retiring that he was a Raiders fan made a false call of a late on Hamilton that gave the Raiders a first down when the Patriots had stopped them on fourth down.

The only other bright years were the Slaughter of 1985 to the Flash in the Pan Bears and 1997 when Bill Parcells sold the team down the River against the packers and took a plane back to New York while the team wondered what the hell happened.

You've all become so used to winning, that having to suffer for a year or two is beyond your comprehension.

If Belichick had decided to stay with the Jets,what do think the past twenty years might have been like? By an absolute stroke of luck BB took a freaky slow QB with the 199th pick of the 1999 Draft and hit the mother lode. Would he have done the same in New York? No. The jets had their team and if BB had stayed, NFL history would be a hell of a lot different.

Here we are in 2020 and we're surrounded by arm chair experts who see nothing but despair You forget that in 2000 this team was 5-11 with a star QB named Drew Bledsoe. Everyone is looking at QB named Stidham and are ready to toss him on the trash pile. He has not started a single game. He opportunities have come in games that the team has been behind and he's tried to resurrect form the dead. 1 TD and 3 INT is all that anyone looks at. How about gibing him reps with the first team and sending him with a clean slate and seeing what he can do without perverted pressure?

We haven't had the entire OL together for a single game and for the last two have had backups and practice squad players thrown on the field without a full day of practice. Well folks, for the first time since the third week of September the Patriots have the whole OL and all of the rest of team together and they've had three days of practice for Sunday's game against the 49ers. If they shit the bed this week, then it's time to think "Rebuild" and sell some of the pieces like Harry and Thuney and pick up some extra draft picks and start moving forward. But let's do it giving every guy on the roister and PS a chance to play and make an informed decision. If the patriots destroy them, then don't do anything stupid. We've lost the third round pick because of the Bengals film bull. They will pick thirds for Brady, Van Noy and Collins and probably another fifth or sixth. I hope they don't pick up any rentalsfor more than a sixth or seventh rounder.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who were not around prior to 2000, you have little or no idea what fans suffered through for the fist forty years.
We were screwed by a corrupt official in 1976 and he admitted it after retiring that he was a Raiders fan made a false call of a late on Hamilton that gave the Raiders a first down when the Patriots had stopped them on fourth down.

The only other bright years were the Slaughter of 1985 to the Flash in the Pan Bears and 1997 when Bill Parcells sold the team down the River against the packers and took a plane back to New York while the team wondered what the hell happened.

You've all become so used to winning, that having to suffer for a year or two is beyond your comprehension.

If Belichick had decided to stay with the Jets,what do think the past twenty years might have been like? By an absolute stroke of luck BB took a freaky slow QB with the 199th pick of the 1999 Draft and hit the mother lode. Would he have done the same in New York? No. The jets had their team and if BB had stayed, NFL history would be a hell of a lot different.

Here we are in 2020 and we're surrounded by arm chair experts who see nothing but despair You forget that in 2000 this team was 5-11 with a star QB named Drew Bledsoe. Everyone is looking at QB named Stidham and are ready to toss him on the trash pile. He has not started a single game. He opportunities have come in games that the team has been behind and he's tried to resurrect form the dead. 1 TD and 3 INT is all that anyone looks at. How about gibing him reps with the first team and sending him with a clean slate and seeing what he can do without perverted pressure?

We haven't had the entire OL together for a single game and for the last two have had backups and practice squad players thrown on the field without a full day of practice. Well folks, for the first time since the third week of September the Patriots have the whole OL and all of the rest of team together and they've had three days of practice for Sunday's game against the 49ers. If they shit the bed this week, then it's time to think "Rebuild" and sell some of the pieces like Harry and Thuney and pick up some extra draft picks and start moving forward. But let's do it giving every guy on the roister and PS a chance to play and make an informed decision. If the patriots destroy them, then don't do anything stupid. We've lost the third round pick because of the Bengals film bull. They will pick thirds for Brady, Van Noy and Collins and probably another fifth or sixth. I hope they don't pick up any rentalsfor more than a sixth or seventh rounder.
You under estimate the chances the Pats had after 2000. Okay, I'm not saying they win 6 or even 1 Super Bowl, but dreadful history changed with Kraft.

Also, there were plenty of people very high on Brady. He slipped in the draft because Michigan coaches were morons and kept believing Drew Henson would "live up to his promise" instead of watching what was happening on the field. Then everyone else who witnessed what Brady was doing assumed they missing something as to why he was sharing time with a guy who eventually flunked out of both baseball and football. Belichick drafted him in the sixth when on that day QB was the last position they needed to draft. They had perceived all world Drew Bledsoe and a highly regarded understudy in Michael Bishop.

You can show the 40 times and the awkward combine videos all you like... While yes he was a dark horse to most, plenty, especially Dick Rehbein, knew he was the real deal.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every poster on the forum has been a Patriots fan well before Belichick took over the coaching spot.

Every single one of us is an “armchair qb” too.

And who is to say that the Patriots might have 1 or 2 years of downtime. It could just as easily be 20 years. It happens.

I do agree on wishing Stidham had/will have a chance with first team reps and knows he has the team firmly behind him and given a chance to start. But I don’t see them benching Cam(even though they should). He’s not taking the team anywhere. Teams don’t respect his arm. They crowd the line and our running game suffers.