• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did the Mario Williams threads start yet???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he making like $20 million per? If he would play for half that maybe, otherwise, kick the tires on Chris Long

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he making like $20 million per? If he would play for half that maybe, otherwise, kick the tires on Chris Long
Chris long is just a name. He has done nothing in the league, he's average against the run and his sack numbers are underwhelming. Hope we don't spend money just to spend it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris long is just a name. He has done nothing in the league, he's average against the run and his sack numbers are underwhelming. Hope we don't spend money just to spend it.
Chris Long is a better than any DE we had last year by a ways

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mincey is looking better to me each day. Even Jack Crawford - both on the cheap. We drafted Gregory and Ryan Russell last year, and its too early to cut bait with either of them. I'd draft a new DE too, but I would not break the bank for a FA DE in a supposed good draft year. Mincey is just as capable as any of those FA mentioned here. DLaw, Mincey, Crawford, Gregory, Irving, Russell, Rookie. That's seven DE's. Six for the games Gregory is suspended. I'm excited to see the growth of Irving and DLaw - who can still get better. Mincey was hurt most of last year and wasn't himself. Sign Mincey and draft me a rookie that can do what Gregory was supposed to be or Bosa.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Long is a better than any DE we had last year by a ways
Chris Longs Stats 2015

FF-1
FR-0
Sacks-3
Solo Tackles 9
Assist 10

Only played 12 games started 5
2012 was his last healthy Season.

FF-0
FR-0
Sacks 11 1/2
Solo tackles 25
assists 8

Not trying to be a D-bag, but the numbers don't support your opinion at all. In conclusion Long sucks and would be a waste of Cap space. Maybe if he played for the minimum you give him a look, but then he's probably wasting the roster spot of a young hungry player. He's just a name.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Longs Stats 2015

FF-1
FR-0
Sacks-3
Solo Tackles 9
Assist 10

Only played 12 games started 5
2012 was his last healthy Season.

FF-0
FR-0
Sacks 11 1/2
Solo tackles 25
assists 8

Not trying to be a D-bag, but the numbers don't support your opinion at all. In conclusion Long sucks and would be a waste of Cap space. Maybe if he played for the minimum you give him a look, but then he's probably wasting the roster spot of a young hungry player. He's just a name.
That's one way to spin him.....another is that he has a 4 year stretch where he averaged over 10 sacks per year, is only 30, and could be had for a fraction of the cost of Williams

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one way to spin him.....another is that he has a 4 year stretch where he averaged over 10 sacks per year, is only 30, and could be had for a fraction of the cost of Williams
You said last year Long was better than any DE we had by a way, Thats not a spin. He's a none factor and IMO can't help this team. I would rather go a different route. Maybe you see something I don't. That 4 year stretch ended 4 yrs ago. Some guys peak fast. I would offer him nothing more than the vet minimum and throw in a few incentives. I would rather get a rookie are even keep Hardy.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said last year Long was better than any DE we had by a way, Thats not a spin. He's a none factor and IMO can't help this team. I would rather go a different route. Maybe you see something I don't. That 4 year stretch ended 4 yrs ago. Some guys peak fast. I would offer him nothing more than the vet minimum and throw in a few incentives. I would rather get a rookie are even keep Hardy.
I'm just trying to look at realistic options for the Cowboys. Long might get back to being a productive starter or he might continue the trend of the last couple of years of struggling to stay on the field. It's those last couple of years that may drive his asking price down into the Cowboys range. If they were the same price, of course you take Williams, but if they can get Long at a discount, he is at least a guy who has played well when he stays con the field

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trying to look at realistic options for the Cowboys. Long might get back to being a productive starter or he might continue the trend of the last couple of years of struggling to stay on the field. It's those last couple of years that may drive his asking price down into the Cowboys range. If they were the same price, of course you take Williams, but if they can get Long at a discount, he is at least a guy who has played well when he stays con the field

buying cheap does not improve the team just fills roster spots. we have roster of fillers on defense and it has cost us

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buying cheap does not improve the team just fills roster spots. we have roster of fillers on defense and it has cost us
If what the Cowboys said about bargain hunting is true, Long or another guy with some production/injury history like Claiborne may be the best we could hope for. Williams played for $20 million a year in Buffalo, I doubt he will be in the Cowboys price range

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at EVERYONE. But while being mindful of the price tag. It's not like we have a lot of guys that are not cuttable. I like the idea of seeing what guys like Russell, Irving and Crawford can do, but it's not like any of them will likely ever be better than average. If they end up rotation guys, great, but I think if all 3 of them plus Mincey are on our roster week 1 it's kind of a bad sign...We aren't going to get a lot better by keeping the same group and replacing Hardy with one FA/draft pick unless he turns out to be a Pro Bowl type guy...

Now if we make improvements elsewhere on the D, then it doesn't matter as much and you may be able to get by with this group. IMO we need 2 new players on the DL and keep the best of the others as rotation guys.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If what the Cowboys said about bargain hunting is true, Long or another guy with some production/injury history like Claiborne may be the best we could hope for. Williams played for $20 million a year in Buffalo, I doubt he will be in the Cowboys price range

we have been that route too many times and been burned too many times. if the cowboys do cut Carr and free up some cap space i could see them going after someone like Shelby

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go after mario. He fits a 4-3. Dallas is in win now.

NFLforever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Williams has plenty of gas left in the tank

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Williams it will be about the money, how much does he want? I think he may give a few SB hopefuls a break like Denver or Seattle but I don't think he'll sign with Dallas on the cheap.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Williams it will be about the money, how much does he want? I think he may give a few SB hopefuls a break like Denver or Seattle but I don't think he'll sign with Dallas on the cheap.

Maybe he misses Texas & tax free money.