• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did the Bills do with Allen what the Fins did with Tua?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen clearly knocked out cold in the 4th qtr Sunday seems to be obvious to most that concussion protocol and precautions should be followed but he comes back out of the blue tent in mere moments and goes back into the game having missed only one snap. Kinda similar to what happened 2 years ago with Tua (ironically vs, the Bills). Now, maybe Josh's head is a lot harder (the way he was playing Sunday looked like it was made of stone, lol) but this could get really ugly for the Bills and the league if he takes some seemingly nothing hit next week and goes down with a major one. The more you watch the replay, it's clear that his head snaps, hits the turf and he is totally gone. Is the entire concussion protocol thing a farce? Or did the Bills and Josh totally scam some idiot Dr?

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is "clearly" making a medical diagnosis that they clearly aren't qualified to be making.

wbuf said:
Now, before we all jump to conclusions, an independent doctor with no affiliations to either team examines players who may have a concussion in the blue medical tent Josh went to. He came out, so one can easily assume he was not diagnosed with a concussion.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is "clearly" making a medical diagnosis that they clearly aren't qualified to be making.

I'm not even sure it's that as much as concussions are simply not that cut and dried. The league preaches how they want to protect the players but most of these Drs know very little and honestly, aren't all that smart. A person can suffer a concussion and not have the "symptoms" until the next morning. I know that for a fact because I had it happen to me playing hockey in my younger days. I don't need to have a fancy degree to know that these things effect people differently. I've seen enough of them and had a few of my own to know it isn't something that you can be 100% on in less than a minute. I think this could open up a huge can of worms if things go wrong like it did for Tua. The league better have their fingers crossed that Josh doesn't get one in next weeks game.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are starting to learn how to answer the doctors in a way that they can get back into the game if they want to. Dont mention head and tell them the reason for the reaction was a different injury (in Josh's case chest).

If a player comes out and says nothing happened to my head, there isnt a lot a doctor can do to say he cant go back out there. It's not rock 'em sock 'em robots where the head pops up once the fighter is out.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen clearly knocked out cold in the 4th qtr Sunday seems to be obvious to most that concussion protocol and precautions should be followed but he comes back out of the blue tent in mere moments and goes back into the game having missed only one snap. Kinda similar to what happened 2 years ago with Tua (ironically vs, the Bills). Now, maybe Josh's head is a lot harder (the way he was playing Sunday looked like it was made of stone, lol) but this could get really ugly for the Bills and the league if he takes some seemingly nothing hit next week and goes down with a major one. The more you watch the replay, it's clear that his head snaps, hits the turf and he is totally gone. Is the entire concussion protocol thing a farce? Or did the Bills and Josh totally scam some idiot Dr?
he,s in concussion proto now.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same happened in the Cowboys/Steelers. Fields was clearly not right after the one hit. He litterally came out for one play and was back in. I fully expect, IF Wilson is healthy, Fields will magically go into the protocol. If Wilson still can't play, nothing will happen and Fields will play like nothing happened.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are starting to learn how to answer the doctors in a way that they can get back into the game if they want to. Dont mention head and tell them the reason for the reaction was a different injury (in Josh's case chest).

If a player comes out and says nothing happened to my head, there isnt a lot a doctor can do to say he cant go back out there. It's not rock 'em sock 'em robots where the head pops up once the fighter is out.
This is my thought as well. A guy like Josh will never admit he's concussed and will say anything he has to to get back out there. And there is no real way to diagnose these things beyond a guy passing out in front of the Dr or slurring his speech or something. I guess I'm just thinking about how bad this could get if he has another one. We have all seen that movie before and it ain't good. Not sure if there is a good answer either. I mean, hell, Josh could be fine and this turns out to be nothing.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple - The NFL doesn't care about player safety...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my thought as well. A guy like Josh will never admit he's concussed and will say anything he has to to get back out there. And there is no real way to diagnose these things beyond a guy passing out in front of the Dr or slurring his speech or something. I guess I'm just thinking about how bad this could get if he has another one. We have all seen that movie before and it ain't good. Not sure if there is a good answer either. I mean, hell, Josh could be fine and this turns out to be nothing.

On the exact opposite of this scenario in a previous game, the Bills' center was pulled out for a concussion test, was cleared, went back into the game, then they stopped the play and pulled him out again. Someone didn't tell the right person that he had been cleared and he was later re-admitted to the game. It's hard to have faith in this process whatsoever.