• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Harbaugh call the refs out after the game?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know he did in the preseason when it didn't matter but those guys almost screwed us big time so I can't imagine that he doesn't say anything.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would pay good money to be able to sit in on the negotiations happening tonight or Monday or whenever, between the league and officials. I picture the officials just walking in with big smiles on their faces, kicking back in their chairs and waiting for the league to start forking over concessions. Those two afternoon games were just officiating chaos.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would pay good money to be able to sit in on the negotiations happening tonight or Monday or whenever, between the league and officials. I picture the officials just walking in with big smiles on their faces, kicking back in their chairs and waiting for the league to start forking over concessions. Those two afternoon games were just officiating chaos.

And I expect the league to not really care. They'll point out that people will continue to watch and the replacements will get better.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I expect the league to not really care. They'll point out that people will continue to watch and the replacements will get better.

Especially since in this case and the weird officiating in the Seahawks game it did not cost the team the game.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thing is.....my prediction is that they'll get worse. I think its true that a lot of people could call a game, with enough practice and experience and instruction. What truly separates NFL refs from the rest is that they've worked their way through bigger and bigger situations, weeding out the ones that can't do pressure very well. The ones that make it all the way to the NFL have ice in their veins. These guys will hear a week of criticism and I don't think it will help.

The other thing I really noticed today during the game is how well the real refs anticipate play, which lets them get their flags out so quickly. The flags today were so slow....and granted anything short of lightning quick seems slow. But you need that instant reaction to get the flags out quick enough.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that Harbaugh will be guarded about the officials, he'll say he was disappointed but he won't say too much since the 49ers won.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I suspect there is a pretty good 'gag order' in effect that would be enforced by even stiffer penalties than the norm...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmt-medium.gif

Damn, I can't attach the gif. But some guy made one of Harbaugh early in the game when all the spit was flying out of his mouth. It was pretty funny.

NinersForLife

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jimmy_spit.gif

dez

Town Drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was that salivatic barrage in reference to, anyone know?

It was after the penalty was called on Aldon Smith for taking his helmet off after sacking Rogers in the first quarter

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is what the coach should look like after being screwed by the refs 2 at the beginning of the game. Our guy gets blocked in the back and GB gets 10 yards and our guys helmit gets partially kicked off and we get penalized 15yds because he had to put it back on!!:mad2: Go 49ers!! Top 5 in the power rankings!!

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is what the coach should look like after being screwed by the refs 2 at the beginning of the game. Our guy gets blocked in the back and GB gets 10 yards and our guys helmit gets partially kicked off and we get penalized 15yds because he had to put it back on!!:mad2: Go 49ers!! Top 5 in the power rankings!!

The Niners were #4 coming in to yesterday's game. With New England winning on the road as well and the Giants lost to Dallas, The Niners's should project to #2