• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did anybody else notice this on the first fumbled return?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The guy who recovered the ball came from directly out of bounds and cannot even touch the ball. Had they actually reviewed the whole play properly, it would've been Niner ball. I was pretty drunk but even the Giants fans with me noticed this too.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who recovered the ball came from directly out of bounds and cannot even touch the ball. Had they actually reviewed the whole play properly, it would've been Niner ball. I was pretty drunk but even the Giants fans with me noticed this too.

He can't be the first guy, but Kyle Williams was the first guy to touch the ball.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that since he was forced out of bounds by our blockers, but I did think on the replay he made no effort to get back in bounds. He was a good 2 or 3 yards out of bounds sprinting down the field before he came back into the play. I don't know how often that happens, but I thought they were suppose to get back on the field as quickly as possible.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone notice the coaches kept Kyle Williams back to do PR's after having one hit off his knee and diving for another?!?!

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it would have just moved the giants back from the spot where they recovered. There's no rule saying he can't recover the punt, as far as I know.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants player was the SECOND player to touch the ball.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other things I noticed. A shoulder to shoulder hit on Lee that was only a 5 yard penalty. A Davis getting his helmet ripped off with no penalty. Justin Smith getting held and tackled with no flag. Refs being ultra quick to blow the play dead on the Bradshaw fumble. If it wasn't for Kyle Williams I'd be really fucking pissed about the officiating.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other things I noticed. A shoulder to shoulder hit on Lee that was only a 5 yard penalty. A Davis getting his helmet ripped off with no penalty. Justin Smith getting held and tackled with no flag. Refs being ultra quick to blow the play dead on the Bradshaw fumble. If it wasn't for Kyle Williams I'd be really fucking pissed about the officiating.

I saw Justin Smith get definitively held at least 6 times in the game, a couple of times the was literally dragging the o-lineman who was hanging onto his back. I also saw a lot of face jamming by the Giant's oline. I'm not surprised by the noncalls though, this is the match up the NFL wanted.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

don't forget the shove on alex smith when he was out of bounds.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On one of the plays after Kyle Williams first botched punt return, I thought I saw Aldon Smith get tackled when he was rushing Eli, but there wasn't a clear replay of it.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was one play where J. Smith was literally yanked by his arm and no penalty was called. The Vernon Davis penalty for jumping through the guys was bullshit or at the very least should have been offsetting by the dude yanking AND throwing A. Davis's helmet. And the fumble by Bradshaw was blown dead far too soon. They blow that dead, yet when Alex Smith is being smothered by two Giants they just wait for them to take him down. Still, just shoulda coulda woulda talk. What's done is done.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that pissed me off is that Hoculi (sp?) officiating crew ranked #1 in holding penalties all season long and even though Justin Smith was being dragged down play after play, they decided to swallow their whistles...I had a BIG GAMBLER buddy of mine feed me that stat before the game last week. lol

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one play where J. Smith was literally yanked by his arm and no penalty was called. The Vernon Davis penalty for jumping through the guys was bullshit or at the very least should have been offsetting by the dude yanking AND throwing A. Davis's helmet. And the fumble by Bradshaw was blown dead far too soon. They blow that dead, yet when Alex Smith is being smothered by two Giants they just wait for them to take him down. Still, just shoulda coulda woulda talk. What's done is done.

I like the explanation on the Vernon Davis penalty it wasn't retaliation it was separate incident. So if it was separate why no flag for the initial that you obviously saw.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
don't forget the shove on alex smith when he was out of bounds.
I saw that from across the field and was surprised at the non call, especially in this new age of protecting quarterbacks. Its frustrating to see no holding calls but as you say, what is done is done.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one of the plays after Kyle Williams first botched punt return, I thought I saw Aldon Smith get tackled when he was rushing Eli, but there wasn't a clear replay of it.

A lot of our guys were being tackled at the LOS.... but i think we were doing the same... so play on.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Aldon Smith kept getting jacked in the face all game long. Hands to the face on almost every play. The refs were pretty atrocious but we still should have won the game. But I can't sit here and act like it didn't seem the NFL wanted a certain team to win.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that pissed me off is that Hoculi (sp?) officiating crew ranked #1 in holding penalties all season long and even though Justin Smith was being dragged down play after play, they decided to swallow their whistles...I had a BIG GAMBLER buddy of mine feed me that stat before the game last week. lol

Yeah, they let em play in the trenches, but then Bradshaw fights for extra yards, and nope... we will just blow this one dead right here.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was the Giants player that recovered that first fumble not in the wrong to use the out of bounds area like that to run down the field? I know he was blocked out of bounds, but I've seen guys flagged before for not returning to the field of play after disengaging. He disengaged and sprinted down the sideline off the field before coming back to make that play. How do you block a guy that is not on the field? o_O?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone notice the coaches kept Kyle Williams back to do PR's after having one hit off his knee and diving for another?!?!

Yeah, I'm pissed at Williams for just terrible mistakes - frankly, the ball off the knee was worse than the fumble IMO, just no reason to be near that ball - but the coaching staff also bears a lot of the blame on this one. Last week, he fielded a very risky ball off the bounce. This week, he dropped the reverse (haven't seen it on TV yet, so can't say it was all or even largely his fault), dove for a punt, and had one bounce off his knee before the crucial OT fumble. Why was he still on the field? Why didn't the coaches tell him just to fair catch the ball?

Despite Williams' mistakes, the offense had ample opportunity to win this game for us, and came through with a goose egg. I thought last week might provide some confidence. Instead, it's almost as if we blew our load and had nothing left. Smith threw two good passes - granted both were TDs - but otherwise looked as bad as he has since Baltimore. Just ugly.