• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Diablo III

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good. I have two characters on inferno but I am kinda tired of it, and this is from someone who farmed D2 all day long back in the day

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good. I have two characters on inferno but I am kinda tired of it, and this is from someone who farmed D2 all day long back in the day

I LOVED DII!! I am just not sure they will not destroy it in III.

Do they keep the basic game play intact, or is it more open-world?

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVED DII!! I am just not sure they will not destroy it in III.

Do they keep the basic game play intact, or is it more open-world?

Exact same concept as D3 except when it comes to loot.

No longer do specific items/sets drop off certain bosses. In D3, there are two kinds of special mobs/packs. Blue and Yellow mobs. Both have special abilities (one is added for each degree of difficulty so inferno mobs have 4 abilities). There are 3-4 mobs to these packs. If you kill them all you get a lot of loot. When you hit level 60 (max), you get a buff which increases the chances that better gold/magical items will drop for you.

The game is no longer about farming the bosses, but re-playing through the acts for you to farm these elite mob packs. The bosses now drop shit. If you leave the game or change up your skills, you lose the buff. While the buff isn't necessary to get good loot, you will get 1-2 more rares off packs than you would without the buff (stacks five times).

The issue I have (as well as many others), is that some abilities are absolutely retarded. There is a "fast" ability where you cannot kite the mobs at all (which you are required to do as a melee). There is also "invulnerable/invulnerable minions" where you are required to kill the champion's minions first before you can kill the champion, or you can't kill his 4-5 minions but you can only kill the champion itself. As a monk or barb, there is no way you can kill those packs without kiting, and if you can't kite them, there is no way you can kill the mob.

I am more of a fan of farming specific bosses. I picked up a legendary 2 weeks ago and it was worthless (legendary have random stats and the shittier rarity items are mostly better but blizz stated that they were going to make legendary items/sets actually worth something)

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want this game so bad, but I got this shitty laptop and don't really wanna get it for this..

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To go along with Li0, there are some packs that you just have to bypass in Inferno. As a Demon Hunter (or pretty much any class), you have to kite and if you have someone that can root you, has a speed buff and can shoot missiles, I'm pretty much fucked. My least favorite mob abilities are jailer, arcane and teleport. I can deal if they have a speed buff but no movement impairing effect on me.

Enough of the complaining though, it really is a fun game. I wish I knew more people who played so I could play online with friends.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To go along with Li0, there are some packs that you just have to bypass in Inferno. As a Demon Hunter (or pretty much any class), you have to kite and if you have someone that can root you, has a speed buff and can shoot missiles, I'm pretty much fucked. My least favorite mob abilities are jailer, arcane and teleport. I can deal if they have a speed buff but no movement impairing effect on me.

Enough of the complaining though, it really is a fun game. I wish I knew more people who played so I could play online with friends.

waht is your email? I'll add you :hug:

BTW anything with crowd control makes me want to kill myself. Jailor is the worst, and molten is the bane of any range class' existence

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just whirlwind with +15% life stealing on your rings = win

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1