• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Meets Jerry

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really screwed up when he turned down the offer from the Ravens

Yes, it's starting to seem that way. I'm looking forward to watch the Hard Knocks bit about Dez. Curious how that all turned out. I really wonder if he will be on a roster come opening night. One of the sports books I looked at has the Titans as the favorites with the Texans trailing.

The more this situation unfolds it's looking more and more like Dez may be just a tad out of touch with the reality of his situation. Who knows? Maybe Dez is trying to skip preseason and deliberately slow playing his hand.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's starting to seem that way. I'm looking forward to watch the Hard Knocks bit about Dez. Curious how that all turned out. I really wonder if he will be on a roster come opening night. One of the sports books I looked at has the Titans as the favorites with the Texans trailing.

The more this situation unfolds it's looking more and more like Dez may be just a tad out of touch with the reality of his situation. Who knows? Maybe Dez is trying to skip preseason and deliberately slow playing his hand.
Houston would be an interesting spot. With their QB's ability to move, Dez would have a chance to freelance more on his routes without being the detriment he is in a structured offense

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2010-2014 dez could get open against the best corners put in front of him. Since then he could not. There is a reason he is still not on a team. Maybe Dez still wants #1 money?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me be clear: dez has not been a legit #1 since 2014. I am not a hater of Dez. He was painful to watch over the last 3 seasons

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the money teams are throwing around these days can you really blame him for not "settling?" Though the Ravens was a pretty good deal, no?

I know he wouldn't do it but I would like the Patriots to take a flier on him. If anyone can keep him in line it's BB and hasn't he said he would love to play with Brady?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the money teams are throwing around these days can you really blame him for not "settling?" Though the Ravens was a pretty good deal, no?

I know he wouldn't do it but I would like the Patriots to take a flier on him. If anyone can keep him in line it's BB and hasn't he said he would love to play with Brady?

Dez, can easily give nearly every team something as even BAD Dez was a red zone threat.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the smartest thing Dez could do now is go to N.E., G.B. or Seattle and tell them he will play for anything they will give him. All of those teams have truly great QB's and no #1 WR. They are good enough to get his numbers back up to a level where he could get one more good contract next year

Packers just paid their #1 WR. NE still has Edelman, who is as much of a #1 as they need. Seattle...Schneider is from the Ron Wolf tree. Ain't happening.

Vets' minimum might get him a job based on injury with any of these 3 teams.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If NE keeps cutting guys he may just become a kick the tires off the bench option there...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman on no Dez.

Cowboys fans wonder how their team can possibly win without a go-to guy, but Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman doesn’t expect the Cowboys to miss the Bryant of last year. Bryant did not have a 100-yard game in 2017, making 69 catches for 838 yards and six touchdowns in 16 games.

“The Dez from 2017 I don’t think they will miss at all,” Aikman said during a conference with local reporters leading up his broadcast of Sunday’s season opener, via Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “No matter who they’ve got coaching the receivers. I don’t think Dez was a threat for most, it not all, of last year. When you get one-on-one looks, no matter who you are as a receiver, that is what you are looking for as a quarterback, and if you can’t beat defenders one on one, then you simply can’t play in the NFL.”

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman on no Dez.

Cowboys fans wonder how their team can possibly win without a go-to guy, but Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman doesn’t expect the Cowboys to miss the Bryant of last year. Bryant did not have a 100-yard game in 2017, making 69 catches for 838 yards and six touchdowns in 16 games.

“The Dez from 2017 I don’t think they will miss at all,” Aikman said during a conference with local reporters leading up his broadcast of Sunday’s season opener, via Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “No matter who they’ve got coaching the receivers. I don’t think Dez was a threat for most, it not all, of last year. When you get one-on-one looks, no matter who you are as a receiver, that is what you are looking for as a quarterback, and if you can’t beat defenders one on one, then you simply can’t play in the NFL.”
Troy is spot on.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman on no Dez.

giphy.gif

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman on no Dez.

I still think there is one thing he could and can do really well. I don’t care how good Julio is. He doesn’t score like he should. Atlanta would have loved Dez those last 4 plays.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the right money..........Could he play tight end?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think there is one thing he could and can do really well. I don’t care how good Julio is. He doesn’t score like he should. Atlanta would have loved Dez those last 4 plays.
His Redzone scoring was the reason I wanted to keep him, but at a reduced price.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I didn't see much in the way of red zone ability last year. How many times did we see a fade pass that he just could not come down with that he would have a few years ago and he wasn't being doubled. Those plays killed us as they were just wasted opportunities. Last year's Dez can't help an NFL team in any way at all. Hopefully when he signs he'll be more like the guy from a couple years back.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I didn't see much in the way of red zone ability last year. How many times did we see a fade pass that he just could not come down with that he would have a few years ago and he wasn't being doubled. Those plays killed us as they were just wasted opportunities. Last year's Dez can't help an NFL team in any way at all. Hopefully when he signs he'll be more like the guy from a couple years back.

Not exactly Daks best throw - a fade.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put him on the other side of a Julio Jones type inside the red zone. That’s pretty scary imo. Doubling the other guy.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He may not have been as good last year as he was pre injury, but he was still a threat and defenses had to give him priority in the redzone.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly Daks best throw - a fade.

How would we know? He missed them all, didn't seem to fight for them nor use his strength to come down with them and also never seemed to be able to get the ball at it's apex.

He may not have been as good last year as he was pre injury, but he was still a threat and defenses had to give him priority in the redzone.
Not even in the slightest last year from what I saw. He wasn't a threat and he didn't really even get extra attention. Maybe this year will be different, but he was more a liability in the red zone last year because we threw so many balls his way and had such little success.