• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez...5yrs, $70 mill, $45 mill guaranteed...wowza

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have I seen those numbers before?

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope Dallas has solid clauses in his contract. With this kind of money can he stay out of trouble? I wonder if Dallas was pushing for something that was more incentive based with the chance to make even more than 14 million per year? Like they did with guy from Charlotte. But his agent wouldn't make that deal. Dez Byrant is a great big play receiver but for that kind of money he needs to be a big threat and productive, move the chains, receiver too. He's a poor route runner from what we have heard.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope Dallas has solid clauses in his contract. With this kind of money can he stay out of trouble? I wonder if Dallas was pushing for something that was more incentive based with the chance to make even more than 14 million per year? Like they did with guy from Charlotte. But his agent wouldn't make that deal. Dez Byrant is a great big play receiver but for that kind of money he needs to be a big threat and productive, move the chains, receiver too. He's a poor route runner from what we have heard.

This is where people shouldn't jump to too many conclusions about any of the contracts handed out today. Guaranteed doesn't actually mean all that money is guaranteed. There honestly could be a lot of clauses in his contract. What is released to the public right away are the numbers from the agent so of course they are going to pump it up as this huge contract. Once the real numbers come out though we can actually see the real value of the contract.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where people shouldn't jump to too many conclusions about any of the contracts handed out today. Guaranteed doesn't actually mean all that money is guaranteed. There honestly could be a lot of clauses in his contract. What is released to the public right away are the numbers from the agent so of course they are going to pump it up as this huge contract. Once the real numbers come out though we can actually see the real value of the contract.

For sure. Thomas has Manning but Romo is no slouch either and Cowboys have the better rushing attack and O-Line so it kind of nets out. I think both are studs. Thomas did stuff with Tebow so... lol, can't say it's all Manning. The fact both he and Decker eclipsed 500 yards with the only javelin thrower as a starting QB might be one of the greatest WR feats in NFL history.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they got it done. Now maybe he will STFU and play football.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. Thomas has Manning but Romo is no slouch either and Cowboys have the better rushing attack and O-Line so it kind of nets out. I think both are studs. Thomas did stuff with Tebow so... lol, can't say it's all Manning. The fact both he and Decker eclipsed 500 yards with the only javelin thrower as a starting QB might be one of the greatest WR feats in NFL history.

Cowboys will regret letting Murray go I don't care how good the o-line might be they will be highly disappointed in what they have now at runningback

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not an athlete on the planet worth $10 million a year. How bout you set ticket prices at a level so the average Joe can take his kid to a game. A kid who will create the next generation of football fans. Enough with PSL's and corporate sponsors.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys will regret letting Murray go I don't care how good the o-line might be they will be highly disappointed in what they have now at runningback

Seastrunk could eclipse 1,000 yards behind the Boyz Oline given the opportunity.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, but they wouldn't have both Dez and Hardy if they kept Murray. Sometimes you have to let some guys go...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is crock of crap that I hate. The same fans that say "Emmit wasn't that great, anyone could run behind that o-line" are the ones saying "Murray isn't a product of his line". Murray did it for one stupid year, Emmit did it year after year behind a changing line.

But Dallas will regret letting Murray go. No way, no how. I still say Dallas will have a RB that gets more yards than Murray.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crock of crap that I hate. The same fans that say "Emmit wasn't that great, anyone could run behind that o-line" are the ones saying "Murray isn't a product of his line". Murray did it for one stupid year, Emmit did it year after year behind a changing line.

But Dallas will regret letting Murray go. No way, no how. I still say Dallas will have a RB that gets more yards than Murray.

Wow. Now that is a bold prediction. Or are you saying you think Murray gets injured? I think Murray could miss 4 or 5 games and still rush for more yards than any one Cowboy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Now that is a bold prediction. Or are you saying you think Murray gets injured? I think Murray could miss 4 or 5 games and still rush for more yards than any one Cowboy.
Historically RB's that carry th ball as many carries as Murray this past year do not make it fully through the next or see a severe drop in stats. I think it was the right thing to do even though I don't think anybody on their roster right now quite has the skills that Murray did when fully healthy.

JV35

El Chapo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad for a crybaby, goal-line, fumble machine.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rest of the NFCE will be disappointed when the Dallas running game keeps churning along behind that line.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for the Redskins to destroy Dallas have fun trying to tackle Alfred Morris and Matt Jones